The Temple Bar ~ Bono has "special" powers - honest!.....UYMFA!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can I punch him in the face for you? :angry:

People like him give pasty white folks like me a bad name. We're not all ignorant, racist bigots...but so many people seem to be these days. :sigh:

It pretty much boils down to most Americans sincerely believing that our country is superior in every way over all other nations, and that everyone else is just a wannabe. "You're either with us or against us."

Maybe once we get out of the governing of a cowboy as our President we might see a shift in mindset, particularly with an Obama presidency.

This kind of ultra-nationalistic mindset scares me, and it's been around a long time before Dubya became President. His "brand" of governing has only exacerbated this mindset, and I sincerely hope that an Obama presidency will start to change things.

This kind of ultra-nationalistic mindset scares me, and it's been around a long time before Dubya became President. His "brand" of governing has only exacerbated this mindset, and I sincerely hope that an Obama presidency will start to change things.

Me too. Though in a sense, simply electing someone like Obama will show dramatic change in the voters.

Oooh! Good luck Laura! I'm off to lunch too. :wave:

2 posts to 30K. :panicbutton: (we need that smiley here!)

Elfa! :lol:

come to Canada - we have cookies.

:lol: i did! trying to go back home was the pain in the ass. but i suppose if i move there for good it won't be a problem ;)

:ohmy: Details???

Can I punch him in the face for you? :angry:

People like him give pasty white folks like me a bad name. We're not all ignorant, racist bigots...but so many people seem to be these days. :sigh:

well, when i went up to border patrol i had my driver's license ready as usual. this bitchfuck didn't even look at it, and he said to me "do you have your birth certificate?" i said "no." and i handed him the license. then he looked around at my car and asked where i was born. i said "VA". he did more typing or whatever. then he handed me some document and said "next time you come into the us, you need to have with you what is on this list of required documentation." i just said okay and drove off. id idn't want to start a fight bc i already knew what was up.

it CLEARLY said on that pamphlet that a driver's license was a preferred and speedy way to get through the border. what this assclown was looking for was PROOF OF CITIZENSHIP. who the fuck carries around a birth certificate? he figured my mexican ass had somehow walked my way up to canada?? WTF?! last time the driver's license was fine. and even that pamphlet says so. he's a fucking asshole and i wanted to punch him in the face.

I'm sorry, Mia! :hug: Officials who make on-the-spot judgement calls by simply looking a person up and down are nothing but racist fucks!

Btw, I didn't know that Americans only needed their DL to cross the border. I thought there was a new rule to carry the passport?

I think you're being entirely too kind. Assclown is too generous;there are many apt terms that one could use to accurately describe someone like that. :angry:

yeah, now that you mention it. That term is not appropriate... Let me see...scumbag, scum of the earth...

willl have to give it more thought...

wtf, that is so fucked up mia. i've never been to canada (unfortunately) but if it says driver's license is an acceptable form on identification, then the jerk should've accepted that and been done with it.

Tighter U.S. border ID rules begin - Michigan News - MLive.com

as of 31 January 2008

Under the new rules, people will no longer be allowed to simply declare to immigration officers at border crossings that they are citizens

Instead, those 19 and older will have to show proof of citizenship -- a passport, trusted traveler card or a birth certificate and government-issued ID such as a driver's license.

We went to Toronto to the ballgame over the weekend and we were asked for proof of citizenship as well.

Tighter U.S. border ID rules begin - Michigan News - MLive.com

as of 31 January 2008

Under the new rules, people will no longer be allowed to simply declare to immigration officers at border crossings that they are citizens

Instead, those 19 and older will have to show proof of citizenship -- a passport, trusted traveler card or a birth certificate and government-issued ID such as a driver's license.

We went to Toronto to the ballgame over the weekend and we were asked for proof of citizenship as well.

:reject: whops. well that's just bizarre b/c i didn't require a passport the first time around (just 2 weeks ago), and my friends who live in Michigan go to Canada on a weekly basis and only use their DL. and the pamphlet i was handed said a DL was sufficient.

oh well. i next time i'll just bring the passport. no big deal. now i feel bad for calling him horrible names on the internet and getting all defensive. and i'm not one to play the "race card". :sigh: who's the asshole now?

OH! and where is Sonic? i can't find it!

Back
Top Bottom