The Temple Bar - Beavers and Bunnies and Dogs, Oh My!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
UberBeaver said:

Got it. Grazie. I like it. At first I thought the woman was Cheryl Crow and this was all some sort of cruel joke, but we're all good now.

Oh man when it starts off she does sound a little bit like her :grumpy:

Sounds like a good weekend Thora :yes:

It's crazy windy out I'm debating on if I can handle running in it or not.

Everyone I work with is always referencing it, so I feel a bit out of the loop. I would watch them this weekend, but I'm heading out of town. Next weekend shall be spent curled up in front of the computer. :lol:

Maybe go for a walk in the direction the wind is blowing, and it wind will propel you along faster? :shrug: :giggle:

ThoraSEB said:
Everyone I work with is always referencing it, so I feel a bit out of the loop. I would watch them this weekend, but I'm heading out of town. Next weekend shall be spent curled up in front of the computer. :lol:

Maybe go for a walk in the direction the wind is blowing, and it wind will propel you along faster? :shrug: :giggle:

The Office :heart:

I got my mom hooked.

How can you NOT love it?

I had a subpar workout tonight, but at least I got it in. :slant:

As Beav has told you...watch the BBC version of The Office...I like the NBC version a lot, especially once Season 2 started....but the BBC version is even better.

No spoken words said:
As Beav has told you...watch the BBC version of The Office...I like the NBC version a lot, especially once Season 2 started....but the BBC version is even better.

I speak words of wisdom. As does NSW and PhilK.

I actually had a BBC Office marathon yesterday. Went through seasons 1 and 2, didn't get to the special. I forgot just how many times you cringe at the David Brent (The British version of Michael Scott). He's so goddamn stupid. When he gives the seminar, and they ask him to pose for pictures, I friggin lost it.

One thing about the British one that the American one doesn't go for, it makes you feel uncomfortable cause it gets quite real. I've noticed American TV rarely does that, maybe Battlestar Galactica (best show on TV) now and then.

Because you like the British version so much, Beav, I'll not question calling BG the best show on TV.

Season 2, specifically, of the British version, is really squirm inducing...it truly gets uncomfortable at some points.

Beav, my favorite moment from both seasons is the look on Gareth's face when he's in the side car of the motorcycle as they leave the bar...fucking priceless.

YES! That's brilliant. Another awesome moment is when David pretends to fire Finch, and he really calls the "The time is no 11 oh nine" and as the voice says it, Gareth real subtly checks his watch. Brilliant.

And Tim's reactions while sitting behind Gareth and the computer guy. Kills me.

I'll have to look into finding the British version too. :up:

The American version airs at a time when I'm watching something else. I'm really looking forward to seeing all the old episodes though!

No spoken words said:
Tim calling him and saying "cock" cracks me up too....so basic but really fucking funny and it hits home because we fuck around like that at work a lot.

I love the one where Tim glues Gareth's phone receiver to the base, then Gareth goes through this whole rigamoral to get it off, then when he finally answers it, it's Tim calling from 3 feet away just to say "Cock". Goddamn.

In-a-gadd-da-vida, I don't know if it's on BBC America. I know know and then it pops up on PBS. I bought the DVD set. It's only 12 episodes and a movie. The whole thing is 7.5 hours or so.

Oh - the episode when David brings his guitar to the training class, probably my favorite one. Free love on the free love freeway.

anadgemila said:
Ok, maybe this was already covered but do they show the Brit version on BBC America?

Yes or at least they used to. I've seen a few episodes. Edit: beav may be right it was probably PBS

My Ipod died :scream: :sad:

Mark me down for slow motion running. The wind was nasty

Last edited:
My life in a nutshell includes having no life for a while. Lies and I got a new laptop...well. Lies did. I tried to look at it when we first got it and let's just say this was her reaction.
"Don't touch!.....(very long pause, nervous laugh) don't touch it yet."

I will never use this damned piece of computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom