The Temple Bar - Beavers and Bunnies and Dogs, Oh My!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Done, Beav.....

So, how dorked out/happy am I right now? I finally, after needing assistance from a friend's computer because my computer and downloading big files seem to not mix, have in my possession the CD from the first concert I ever attended. U2.....JT Tour.....Brendan Byren Arena....5/15/1987. I cannot wait to listen to it. It's not like I'm gonna hear it and recall specific things from almost 20 years ago, but, still, it will be nice for me to hear it again. Plus, they played Trip Through Your Wires twice because Bono thought they did a shitty job the first time...not my favorite tune, but, still a cool moment. :):)

:wave:

I gave blood today and I didn't pass out this time!
:dance:
if I hear the word cookies and juice I might throw up...(then proceed to get a cookie probably)

I must have a guilt complex I feel like giving my bone marrow or my kidney or something ASAP

:der:

No spoken words said:
Done, Beav.....

So, how dorked out/happy am I right now? I finally, after needing assistance from a friend's computer because my computer and downloading big files seem to not mix, have in my possession the CD from the first concert I ever attended. U2.....JT Tour.....Brendan Byren Arena....5/15/1987. I cannot wait to listen to it. It's not like I'm gonna hear it and recall specific things from almost 20 years ago, but, still, it will be nice for me to hear it again. Plus, they played Trip Through Your Wires twice because Bono thought they did a shitty job the first time...not my favorite tune, but, still a cool moment. :):)

That's great NSW :wave: I would love to hear the first U2 concert I attended again. :drool:

Hey VG :wave:

<--- needs to give blood. I don't think I've done it since high school.

Hello VG. Good for you for giving blood and staying conscious too.

Hang on to your kidney for now, cos after the St. Patty's drunken interference gathering, an interlander might need it. Wait, livers get fucked up from alcohol, right? I don't know. Eh, keep it anyway.

UberBeaver said:
I'll take the list, please. If there is anything lacking on your list that I think might interest you, I'll let you know.

FYI - I don't care if anyone films St. Patrick's, but I will require a live video feed (w/ slo-mo and replay) from Slutfest 2007. No excuses, people. We play like Champions. Now get out here and slut! YEAHHHHH!!!!

I'm up for it. :sexywink:

Hey VG. :hug:

That's so col NSW. Having your first U2 show on CD.

I have mine but unfortunately it's the 9-9-92 show, of which only 9 songs were recorded, not one of them being So Cruel (which they did do that night :sad: ).

shit you have to be 18 to donate marrow and organs, whatever will I do? :sad:

NSW I believe it is the liver that is fucked due to excessive drinking. and the brain, and the heart. not sure on the kidney but I'll hang onto it in case I'm ever short on cash.

you guys are gonna have so much fun in NYC :madspit:

Hey VG! :wave:

Due to various health problems, I can't donate blood. They have a hard enough time getting it when I have to have tests done.

I have my first show on CD as well - it's very cool. :D

redkat said:
II don't think I've even seen or remember the setlist for my first show :reject:

I always remembered the date....and most of the set list....then I discovered this site....which lead to discovering Axver....(would you watch a film called "Discovering Axver"??? Almost sounds naughty, I'd pass)...which lead to discovering his site with every set list ever.....many moons later, I discovered a journal entry by maycocksean, where he mentions a site to get u2 concerts.....I found mine....could not open the files....made a friend go to the site and do it for me, and she gave the discs to me yesterday, and that's the story of my....musical journey. It's a musical journey.

VG, you'll simply have to hang on to your bone marrow, what a shitty plight.

No spoken words said:

I always remembered the date....and most of the set list....then I discovered this site....which lead to discovering Axver....(would you watch a film called "Discovering Axver"??? Almost sounds naughty, I'd pass)...which lead to discovering his site with every set list ever.....many moons later, I discovered a journal entry by maycocksean, where he mentions a site to get u2 concerts.....I found mine....could not open the files....made a friend go to the site and do it for me, and she gave the discs to me yesterday, and that's the story of my....musical journey. It's a musical journey.

VG, you'll simply have to hang on to your bone marrow, what a shitty plight.

Very cool! :up:

My musical journey of getting my first show on CD was thru this site as well.

No spoken words said:

:lol: I should check. it was zootv in LA, indoor I don't remember the date. There were two and I think I went the first night but not sure. I had saved my ticket stubs but I think once i moved out my mom trashed them

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I got my first show on eBay. :shame:

But a few weeks later I registered here and almost six years later I'm still here. :scary:

Yeah, but, you've only posted 36,000+ times over 6 years, so, that's not so much.

:)

I'll be wandering around Manhattan that Friday, during the day, then out for my Dad's b-day that night.

ETA - I arrive on Wednesday evening.

Last edited:
No spoken words said:

Yeah, but, you've only posted 36,000+ times over 6 years, so, that's not so much.

:)

I'll be wandering around Manhattan that Friday, during the day, then out for my Dad's b-day that night.

I'm not as effective as I thought, then, huh? :sad:

:lol:

Wandering around Manhattan - sounds like a chick flick.

Btw, I call dibs on Season 5 of 24. :wink: :D

I'm outtie, all. Gotta workout tonight. :dance:

There is no other song that translates a sense of longing, both lyrically and musically, like Clapton's Layla. :drool:

But not the acoustic version. That one's an affront to my senses. :angry:

That's all. :shifty:

Don't forget to bring back one of those hot tubs! :sexywink:

:shifty:

I'm fine for now, albeit a little drugged up. I went to the grocery store and bought some groceries as well as some pretty extreme cold medication, so for the moment I'm feeling alright. :)

DaveC said:
Don't forget to bring back one of those hot tubs! :sexywink:

:shifty:

I'm fine for now, albeit a little drugged up. I went to the grocery store and bought some groceries as well as some pretty extreme cold medication, so for the moment I'm feeling alright. :)

Hot tubs. :drool:

Oh, we could get a lot of use out of those! :lol:

Ok, off to workout for real now. :wave:

VintagePunk said:
There is no other song that translates a sense of longing, both lyrically and musically, like Clapton's Layla. :drool:

But not the acoustic version. That one's an affront to my senses. :angry:

That's all. :shifty:

Um, Mandy?

I agree on the acoustic Layla. Clapton really shit the bed since the 80s. I don't think there' one song of his I like after Layla. Wonderful Tonight is such a cheesy tune. Tears in Heaven is ok. His blues album is probably good, but I want people singing the blues to be blue, like a poor black dude from Mississippi circa 1932. That's blues. When a rich English gentleman sings the blues it just doesn't seem right.

redkat said:

Beav do you have The Dirty Glass by Dropkick Murphys? It's got that same charm of a couple trying to crush each other's spirt :heart: :wink:

Got it. Grazie. I like it. At first I thought the woman was Cheryl Crow and this was all some sort of cruel joke, but we're all good now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom