The Temple Bar: Baby Jebus would never say UYFA :shame:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Kat - I'll have to find that somewhere - unless someone can send it to me.

That sounds nice beav...also make sure to walk into a celtic bar wearing a rangers shirt - you want to make sure you have an exciting trip M I RITE??

I'm jealous, Beav, I'd love to be heading there.

Beav, as funny as the script to the skit might look, it's even funnier when you see it. It's on one of the 2 Best of Will Ferrell SNL DVD's. The best part is the look on Ferrell's face when the prompter kicks back on, and he notices that he's holding Grier's head in his hands. Priceless.

Thanks, Thora!

Well, you've got 1 down, 3 to go.

I'm rooting for Ottawa, but Anaheim is definitely an excellent team, and has a very good chance of winning it.

No spoken words said:
I'm jealous, Beav, I'd love to be heading there.

Beav, as funny as the script to the skit might look, it's even funnier when you see it. It's on one of the 2 Best of Will Ferrell SNL DVD's. The best part is the look on Ferrell's face when the prompter kicks back on, and he notices that he's holding Grier's head in his hands. Priceless.

Thanks, Thora!

I can imagine. He's brilliant. I can picture him saying all that shit too.

I'm bleeding. I have no idea why. I just looked at my hand and it's bleeding. WTF is that?

What if I wore a NY Rangers jersey? Would that still piss them off? It'd piss me off.

I was looking at the Scottish Premier League jerseys, and I think it was Motherwell that had really cool ones, and they're pretty much the worst team ever. So I'll probably get one of them. And a bagpipe. And a kilt. And a little Scottish outfit for the baby so she can lay waste* to our foes after I reclaim the throne. Unless I have a son, then the female child...uh...you know...will do whatever female children are supposed to do in such situations.

*Lay waste = greatest term ever.

UberBeaver said:

I can imagine. He's brilliant. I can picture him saying all that shit too.

I'm bleeding. I have no idea why. I just looked at my hand and it's bleeding. WTF is that?

What if I wore a NY Rangers jersey? Would that still piss them off? It'd piss me off.

I was looking at the Scottish Premier League jerseys, and I think it was Motherwell that had really cool ones, and they're pretty much the worst team ever. So I'll probably get one of them. And a bagpipe. And a kilt. And a little Scottish outfit for the baby so she can lay waste* to our foes after I reclaim the throne. Unless I have a son, then the female child...uh...you know...will do whatever female children are supposed to do in such situations.

*Lay waste = greatest term ever.

I totally forgot that Scotland is your ancestral home and that you are destined to reclaim a throne that is, was and always will be rightfully yours.

Holla at your rightful ruler!

yeah - I was looking for more detail...I'm not sure how CDN pronouncing is amusing....also, gratuitous posting :)

you should get an arbroath shirt...for the longest time when I was young they were called arbroath nil, as that's what the BBC sports summary said like every saturday :cute:

See Beav's post right above yours, Thora. Yes, we do, we pronounce it incorrectly.

ETA - That's what makes the world go around, Snow, different strokes for different folks. If we all laughed at the same stuff, we'd all watch "Yes Dear" on CBS and be happy about it. That, and gravity.

No spoken words said:

I totally forgot that Scotland is your ancestral home and that you are destined to reclaim a throne that is, was and always will be rightfully yours.

Holla at your rightful ruler!

Oh dude, once those squatting Scots hear the Final Countdown and I arrive like Robert Duvall in Apocalypse Now, oh you know there'll be some hollering at the rightful ruler. "I love the smell of beaver in the morning...it smells like.....FREEEEEDOM!"

Robert Duvall's screen time in Apocalypse represents one of my favorite stretches of film, ever. Just his posture as those explosions are going off all around him cracks me up. If you arrive with an Air Cavalry like he does, your status as ruler will be cemented, for all-time. Will you still post on interference once you are King?

snowbunny00774 said:

you should get an arbroath shirt...for the longest time when I was young they were called arbroath nil, as that's what the BBC sports summary said like every saturday :cute:

They're in the 3rd division now though. I can't take over a country wearing a 3rd division team's shirt. They'd laugh at me. Haven't you ever retaken your ancestral lands? Jesus, WTF? And I'M the one that gives shit advice.

The Portcullis is pretty badass though.

No spoken words said:
Will you still post on interference once you are King?

please do away with the 45 second rule, and I have some other suggestions too...I'll pretend to worship you for special favours etc.

Stephen Harper and most of his party look like the creepiest ken dolls ever...my stomach just actually turned :vomit:

snowbunny00774 said:

oh god - t-shirt right there

I chuckled after I typed it. I didn't forethink that at all, it just sorta happened.

No spoken words said:
Robert Duvall's screen time in Apocalypse represents one of my favorite stretches of film, ever. Just his posture as those explosions are going off all around him cracks me up. If you arrive with an Air Cavalry like he does, your status as ruler will be cemented, for all-time. Will you still post on interference once you are King?

Of course. King of the Smilies will be my ally and will rule Interland as a puppet of mine. What do you think this whole Smiley Battle is about? You think IGAF which smiley is the fan favorite? Please, man. I need an ally that is strong, bold and respected, like :drool: or :hyper: or :happy:. And once I'm king shit gets boring. Countries really just run themselves.

snowbunny00774 said:

I'm lying in wait. You'll know when I do it....trust me :)

I'll have people watching across that little sea there. Believe me. I might look into expanding the sea width. It's a little close to them for my tastes. I might saw of the border with england too, like Bugs Bunny in the episode where they told him bunnies were harmless. "STOP STEAMING UP MY GLASSES!" :lmao:

No spoken words said:
Will you ask The Crazy Train to join your court, once you are King?

:uhoh: The Crazy Train's rails will not connect to Scotland. And I'm building a super chunnel just in case. I don't want peaceful Scotland infected with whatever the fuck that thing's got. :yikes:

No spoken words said:
Well, you could invade Wales, just to keep things exciting and fresh.

I got no time for the Welsh, man. Come on! They've been useless since bows and arrows went out of style. Seriously. Plus, no one understands them. "Whooo thaaa weevaaa whadda unnngault wheee?"

Did he really say that? HAHAHA. That's awesome.

Back
Top Bottom