The Temple Bar: Baby Jebus would never say UYFA :shame:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
UberBeaver said:
Reg - I must highly recommend this book to you, adn anyone else that listened to hair metal back in the 80s. I'm about 60 pages in and am damn near willing to say it's the greast thing I've ever read since "The Sun Also Rises," and if it keeps getting better, Hemingway is going to be pissed. Which is par for the course, really, but whatever.

http://www.amazon.com/Fargo-Rock-Ci...9867248?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1180365976&sr=8-1

Ah my friend, but I was turned onto that book a few years back...and I must say it brought tears to my eyes as I read...of course I those were tears caused by laughter...but some tears of melancholy too!

Beav the book only gets funnier the deeper you get...:yes:

I remember reading a review of it in the NYTimes, and I had it on a list for years, but never actually picked it up. I was ina bookstore a month or so ago, saw it and decided to carpe the diem and get it, and it's brilliant.

Have you read his other stuff? He's got 3 I believe.

UberBeaver said:
I remember reading a review of it in the NYTimes, and I had it on a list for years, but never actually picked it up. I was ina bookstore a month or so ago, saw it and decided to carpe the diem and get it, and it's brilliant.

Have you read his other stuff? He's got 3 I believe.

No, but I really need to get the "Cocoa Puffs" book I heard that one is funnier than "Fargo Rock City".

I'm home alone....nice...:D

No Cubs game for me today. Caught some sort of cough or flu and I'm not in the mood to go anywhere....hopefully it goes away soon, hate going into work sick and having other people telling me I should go home.

Police concert tonight :hyper:

My cold is starting to get better just in time to go back to work tomorrow but if I do my usual at the concert tonight, I will have no voice left tomorrow

:happy:

That's going to be so awesome, fah! I'm supremely jealous! Hope you have an awesome time! Voices are so overrated. :tsk: :lol:

One of my co-workers who is going tonight got tickets for free from a friend of hers. The frustrating thing is that she hardly knows any of their songs, and isn't really a fan - she's just going because it's free. :madwife:

UberBeaver said:
That sucks. Did you move into your new place yet?

Not yet.....looked at places over the weekend but did not find anything I liked. Will have to extend my temporary lease and continue looking next weekend.

Fah, have a great time at the concert.

Yep, nasty fall Saturday night. :tsk:

Still sore as hell, too. I think my Memorial Day weekends are cursed. I was thinking about this last night, and the last three have been pretty sucktastic.

Next year I'm going to go away somewhere - by myself. :lol:

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Spring colds :madwife: :hug:

Good luck Thora! Just go down there - I'm sure there will be people out front selling some. There always are. So excited for fah. Too bad we can't have a live feed from the show/webcast. Maybe fah & Thora sent their colds to the south, like...Chicago. Very nice of our neighbors to the north. :angry: :wink:

How am I supposed to choose between :shifty: and :angry:
:sad:

Though I did get breakfast in bed, and a few gifts. May have to hit the mall today before our dinner reservation later. :dance:

Well, it looks like the only ones available are $225. I can't spend that much. I can't go tonight, but maybe on Wednesday. I'll have to keep my eyes open. :D

Sounds like a good birthday so far, Lila! :up:

thanks!

Now I have to starve & skip lunch (since it's already 2:45) and wait for dinner. Don't want to ruin my appetite

:sigh:

We got an extra porterhouse here.

The baby doesn't like U2. WTSHNN, or 'Streets, just came on and she no happy.

ETA- ISHFWILF it was. Not 'Streets.

The Beatles and Wilco = win. Excellent. Also Biggie is a favorite, and believe it or not, My Bloody Valentine. Weird.

Last edited:
I don't have anything interesting in my house for dinner. :angry: Well, I have Diet Coke and rum. And some bread, I think. That's about it. :sigh: I think I need to go grocery shopping.

have fun fah!

so Beav, we shouldn't expect your daughter to turn up in pleba?

that sounds like a dinner of champions tora...no need to go shopping :up:

old high school BF/psycho delivering my couch and giving me the third degree :happy: :creepy: :changingmyalarmcode:

Back
Top Bottom