The Temple Bar and Doozer is on top!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
redkat said:

:madwife: most people I know aren't flaky. I just had a person flake due to a death, decent reason I guess.

Social energy builds for me so I'd go out tonight to warm up for tomorrow.

You live in Orange County, totally different place.

Most people I know are not flaky, too, or I'd not be friends with them. But, most people I know do get flaked on a ton more than people I knew back home. Never even heard the term "flaked" until I moved here. It's a fact of LA life, sadly. I should say, it's a fact of LA life as far as my observations and experiences go, should not make it seem like I can speak for all of Los Angeles.

Social energy burns for me, so, if I want to be pleasant company tomorrow, I might need to hide out today. :)

No spoken words said:

Work and school might be a tad boring, but, you being back to school is exciting to me...you're forging a new path for yourself and learning new things in the process, and the net result will be not only a more evolved you, but, a you who is able to leave where you live, which seems to be a goal of yours. That's pretty exciting. I'll shut up.

Thanks! :hi5:

I'll remind myself of that when I get all stressy like I did on the way home tonight. :lol:

You should print out that pic of Buchanan to remind you when it's time for work and when it's time for a break. :hmm: :D

Hey Kat, sup? :wave:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Thanks! :hi5:

I'll remind myself of that when I get all stressy like I did on the way home tonight. :lol:

You should print out that pic of Buchanan to remind you when it's time for work and when it's time for a break. :hmm: :D

Hey Kat, sup? :wave:

I already printed it yesterday, and taped it to the wall behind my desk....was going to put it on my office door, but that seemed too "in your face" and someone would tear it down to piss me off.....I can now add different tiny messages to the front of his laptop, and can add thought bubbles to match my mood as well. I never waste an opportunity to be a moron at work, LMPA.

No spoken words said:

I already printed it yesterday, and taped it to the wall behind my desk....was going to put it on my office door, but that seemed too "in your face" and someone would tear it down to piss me off.....I can now add different tiny messages to the front of his laptop, and can add thought bubbles to match my mood as well. I never waste an opportunity to be a moron at work, LMPA.

That's excellent. :lol:

No spoken words said:

buchanan2-1.jpg

or:
buchanan-1.jpg

?

Last edited:
LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

That's excellent. :lol:

Thanks.

Snow said something the other day that reminded me of what we used to do to this one guy's office if he went on vacation. And, let me state up front, this guy is a close friend....insanely good natured and loved to have fun at work. His big thing was waiting until another friend of ours would start to eat his lunch, then run into his office and grab his sandwich from him and eat 1/2 of it. Anyway, when the sandwich eater would go out of town, we'd wreck his office. We'd unplug his phone and computer, we'd hide his keyboard, we'd paste photos of women we knew he thought were hot over the face of his wife on all of their photos. We'd put photos of women we accused him of having affairs with at work at the bottom of his coffee mug or water bottle. We'd hide packets of hot chocolate in different places in his office. He's very anal and had 4 clocks in his office for all 4 mainland US time zones, all were on the same minute, just different hours, so we'd take those down and change all the minute hands slightly, so all 4 were off by just a little each. We'd rearrange all of his files so they were no longer in order. We'd smear his letter opener with a bit of ketchup so it looked like blood. Oh, and we'd spell out a death threat on his desk with paper clips. As I finish typing this and read it, it hits me once again how immature I am, at the core of my being, but it also makes me laugh, so, whatever. :)

No spoken words said:

Thanks.

Snow said something the other day that reminded me of what we used to do to this one guy's office if he went on vacation. And, let me state up front, this guy is a close friend....insanely good natured and loved to have fun at work. His big thing was waiting until another friend of ours would start to eat his lunch, then run into his office and grab his sandwich from him and eat 1/2 of it. Anyway, when the sandwich eater would go out of town, we'd wreck his office. We'd unplug his phone and computer, we'd hide his keyboard, we'd paste photos of women we knew he thought were hot over the face of his wife on all of their photos. We'd put photos of women we accused him of having affairs with at work at the bottom of his coffee mug or water bottle. We'd hide packets of hot chocolate in different places in his office. He's very anal and had 4 clocks in his office for all 4 mainland US time zones, all were on the same minute, just different hours, so we'd take those down and change all the minute hands slightly, so all 4 were off by just a little each. We'd rearrange all of his files so they were no longer in order. We'd smear his letter opener with a bit of ketchup so it looked like blood. Oh, and we'd spell out a death threat on his desk with paper clips. As I finish typing this and read it, it hits me once again how immature I am, at the core of my being, but it also makes me laugh, so, whatever. :)

:lol:

Sounds like fun. I think we all need to be immature at work every now and then. :up:

Actually, I'm very happy right now. We now have humidity, which makes it much more comfortable when turning up the heat. As a result, freezing to death is much less likely. :drool:

I sound like a young male with a hint of an English accent? ;)

VintagePunk said:
Actually, I'm very happy right now. We now have humidity, which makes it much more comfortable when turning up the heat. As a result, freezing to death is much less likely. :drool:

I sound like a young male with a hint of an English accent? ;)

You sound like someone complaining about the cold. :)

You have humidity because you fixed the humidifier! Good work.

Glad you are happy.

Hey, everyone, come back in here!!! VP does not feel sufficiently entertained while talking with me, so, won't you all please make haste and return to this thread.

5-JamesMorrison.jpg

No spoken words said:
Hey, everyone, come back in here!!! VP does not feel sufficiently entertained while talking with me, so, won't you all please make haste and return to this thread.

5-JamesMorrison.jpg

What. Ever. :)

I just wondered it there were a connection between my entering and everyone but you leaving. Kind of a mixture of hubris and insecurity, that I could the the cause of a mass exodus from the thread. :lol:

Yes, you stayed. :) Duly noted. :)

So, have you decided what you're doing this evening? I would go out and grab a movie, but I'm not feeling like risking frostbite in order to be entertained for a couple of hours.

I'm for sure staying home. Might go take a drive a little later. I love taking drives, but, rarely do it anymore. Then, fetch dinner, come home and watch a DVD or some Tivo stuff, read, post here most likely, etc.

Frostbite sucks.

Glad I've been duly noted.

My kitchen needed to be cleaned, so I cleaned it. Now I'm off to buy wine & groceries.

I shall return. My departure was not due to anyone's absence or lack thereof in this thread.

See ya later! :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom