The Teachers Faculty Lounge - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-18-2006, 02:52 PM   #31
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:46 AM

Old 11-18-2006, 03:35 PM   #32
Refugee

Location: The stars at night are big and bright *clap, clap, clap, clap*
Local Time: 02:46 AM
This place sounds cool. I'm busy right now, but I'll be back later when I have a chance!

Old 11-18-2006, 09:09 PM   #33
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:46 AM
^ I thought you were on strike?
Old 11-18-2006, 11:33 PM   #34
Refugee

Location: The stars at night are big and bright *clap, clap, clap, clap*
Quote:
Originally posted by zoney!
^ I thought you were on strike?
Technically yes I am. If I didn't have a new baby, I would be.

Anywho...

I'm a secondary (6-12) certified math teacher.

I've taught for 7 years. All of those were 7th grade except for one year I taught an 8th grade class [don't want to do that again!]. Basically, I've seen, the good, the bad and the ugly.
Old 11-25-2006, 01:29 PM   #35
Refugee

I've been teaching Kindergarten for 10 years. I love it!
Old 11-25-2006, 01:44 PM   #36
Babyface

Local Time: 07:46 AM
I have been teaching for 5 years. English in High SChool and it is the best thing I have done. I love my job and I cannot see myself doing anything else. Why I teach? It is a mystery that came upon me because I originally did not plan on it. I had to go back to school to get the credentials for it. We teachers, will not know why we chose this profession. For many that is. It is a phenomenon and a calling. I am just glad that I heard it, felt it and did something about it.
Old 11-26-2006, 02:17 AM   #37
Refugee

Location: The city of blinding lights and amazing coffee - Melbourne.
Local Time: 06:46 PM
Well i'm just two days away from completing my rounds and im a qualified primary school teacher. I'm hoping i can do relief teaching, practice for when i move to the uk!

I don't think i could teach high school, i went with my class to a local high school for an excursion *shudder* nasty kids. just growing up too fast today!
Old 11-26-2006, 08:34 AM   #38
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 09:46 AM
I've been an English teacher for 2 years and a half now and I'm loving it, especially when I teach in the grandes ecoles and uni although teachers here rarely have a very positive image It can be a hard job sometimes, not very rewarding, not very well-paid, but I like to feel that I'm kinda useful and I enjoy sharing the things I love with young people. I try to be an original teacher lol dunno if I'm one yet, but that's part of my objectives. I try to use theater and arts a lot, I'm so eager to take students to shows (when headmasters and colleagues are not too reluctant to modernity lol), I want to disconcert them, I sometimes want them to be puzzled by my lessons. I don't only want to teach them things, I want them to teach me things too and I hope they feel concerned by their own learning. I think a good teacher should try to keep himself/herself in the background as much as possible.

I think I have a good rapport with teens and young grown-ups although I still consider myself as a young grown-up lol (I'm 27 and some of my students are around 23-24 years old).

I worked in very difficult schools however the students always respected me even if they got from the first sight that I wasn't very experienced. Very smart attitude
Old 11-26-2006, 04:45 PM   #39
Rock n' Roll Doggie

High school math here.
Currently, I'm teaching mostly seniors. Trig and Algebra III and also a class of low-level Algebra I kids.

Our teacher's lounge has no "lounge" about it. Its just a very cold, boring work room with a mouse infested snack machine and copiers that break down frequently. Woe.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:06 AM   #40
Acrobat

Local Time: 06:46 PM
Year 6 teacher in Sydney here - Seriously procrastinating ... meant to be writing Year 6 reports and marking final assignments - - only 15 school days till my summer holidays!!

On the plus side, been doing a mini-unit on the United Nations, Rights of the Child, Human Rights etc, so been able to infiltrate some U2 music into the classroom!
Old 11-27-2006, 05:18 PM   #41
Anu
Editor

Location: There ain't no place I'd rather be, baby won't you carry me back to Tennessee
Awe and props to you with the amazing patience to teach the younger kids (under 18).

I teach first year writing (aka Freshman Comp) at a public university and have been working in this field since 1998, when I had my first class as a TA.

I don't know about the rest of you in this forum, but this is the time of year when things get crunchy! Post-thanksgiving pre-break blues are reason to run away to posting messages in forums like this!
Old 11-27-2006, 08:03 PM   #42
Babyface

Every one who knows me say the same thing about teaching High School. I have to admit it is not easy to do, but I love it. I teach the Freshman kids which are about 13-14 or so. They are handful, but cannot complain. I chose to teach this grade.