The Super Terrific MLB Thread - Part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a reason JC Romero got cut by the Red Sox earlier this season.

No spoken words said:

It was interesting walking down Clark after the game. The street was closed all the way down to Belmont, so, it was like a depressed Mardi Gras. I saw a guy with a Cubs shirt and a Michigan State hat crying. Just an odd scene.

:sad:

tpsreports2424 said:
got back from the cubs game tonight, they showed absolutely no heart in playing, derosa is a dumbass to swing on 3-1, bases loaded and it was a ball...

:mad:

I was there, too. DeRosa maybe swung at a ball, but, you want your better hitters swinging at 3-1 pitches, it's a hitter's pitch. He's not a dumbass for swinging.

Ryan Howard, fucking swing, jesus christ.

No spoken words said:
Good luck, Dave. Why can't Howard jack one out and tie this bitch up!?!?

Aaron Rowand got an absolute meatball on his first pitch and watched it go by, then dribbled a nubber for the out.

No spoken words said:

I was there, too. DeRosa maybe swung at a ball, but, you want your better hitters swinging at 3-1 pitches, it's a hitter's pitch. He's not a dumbass for swinging.

Yeah, but Livan Hernandez had also walked the bases loaded. Swinging at a borderline 3-1 pitch there isn't terrible, but the outcome was an absolute killer.

I gotta say I'd be a lot more upset than I am if the Phillies had deserved to win it, but they were basically outclassed out there by a better team. Colorado is playing as well as any team possibly could right now and woe to whoever comes across them.

I'm still bummed. :(

The outcome was most definitely a killer....the crowd deflated after that and never really got back into it. I still cannot blame him for swinging, though.

DaveC said:
I gotta say I'd be a lot more upset than I am if the Phillies had deserved to win it, but they were basically outclassed out there by a better team. Colorado is playing as well as any team possibly could right now and woe to whoever comes across them.

I'm still bummed. :(

I'll be joining you tomorrow after Cleveland finishes off the Yanks. I hope I'm wrong, but fear that I'm right.

No spoken words said:
Well, the good news is that it's not too bad of a walk from Wrigley to my apartment.

After DeRosa's double play, the crowd lost it's life and you could kind of feel that the game was over. Sucked.

Sorry Philbert.

And I too am sorry for your team NSW...if things go as they have so far. :(

Mark DeRosa's at bat was not a bad one. To get mad at him is ridiculous...since all year he has been great. Aramis Ramirez also hit with 2 men on 2 times tonight too and did nothing. So, the blame game? Not worth the effort. Maybe Zambrano should have pitched another inning in the first game? Ted Lilly sucked...but maybe he was tired from having to pitch on 3 days rest to get here. Rich Hill...first playoff outing. Soriano is still in pain, but he didn't do anything in the clutch. NO ONE DID! So see, blame game...not worth it

It was however, typical of what we did this series. Or didn't do anyway. Our team could not get the big hit when we needed it. Arizona did...like they have all year.

But dang is Colorado hot or what?!?

Last edited:
Normally I'm more than anything disappointed by the Phillies, but I'm angry over this team. What a pathetic showing from their offense. Not only did they lack heart in this series, they were flat out stupid. Swinging at bad pitches. Watching good ones go by. Poor fielding. Poor pitch location. Terrible managing. Just a horrible showing.

Dalton said:
I feel for you NSW, Wriggleyville is insane when the Cubs are winning in October.

At least this year the city has some sense and didn't let a massive crowd loiter outside the ballpark in the streets for the entire game.

I actually got bitched at by one of my friends for daring not to root for the Cub and I was *gasp* "on the north side." :rolleyes:

I don't think the Cub didn't play with heart, as someone else mentioned. I think they were just exposed as the one dimensional team they are. I agree with you Phil, the blame game is useless.

The Rockies are definitely intriguing.. . .and they do have the best name for a fan section.
I'm surprised by Cleveland too.

I'm not surprised by Cleveland. They have the best 1-2 pitching punch in the post-season, and their middle relief is outstanding. Their main weakness, their closer, has not been exposed as of yet. Westbrook pitches today. If he goes out and pitches a gem, THAT will surprise me.

Sometimes a team gets shut down, despite "heart". I agree with WHA and Philbert that it was not a heart issue.

Rockies are the story of the post-season. And, of course, the viewing public will respond by not watching AZ/Colorado. I'm really intrigued by that match-up, however.

WHA, I keep forgetting to ask my coworkers.....what's the story with the singluar titles?...the Sock, the Cub, etc? I'd never heard that until you posted it, and now I hear others refer to them that way as well.

No spoken words said:

Ryan Howard, fucking swing, jesus christ.

Why would someone try to hit a 3-1 ball if the pitcher has been wild all night, and the bases were all loaded BECAUSE he walked those 3 guys to their bases.

How is he not a dumbass?

and btw im not blaming him or mad at him, etc..I was just sharing my opinion that, that was just a stupid hit, and after it happend, you could tell that sucked the life out of the crowd and team..

I can't for the life of me understand why you'd want a good hitter to take a 3-1 pitch with the bases loaded. We simply disagree on this one. Regardless, sucked that he grounded into a DP.

tpsreports2424 said:

Why would someone try to hit a 3-1 ball if the pitcher has been wild all night, and the bases were all loaded BECAUSE he walked those 3 guys to their bases.

How is he not a dumbass?

what kind of pitch was it? Maybe he was fooled? I dunno...But that's how it went all series for everyone. And all it took for the D-backs was one mistake pitch and BOOM...homerun. :shrug:

I'm just as disappointed as you are tps, but I think what really happened was the better team won.

tpsreports2424 said:
and btw im not blaming him or mad at him, etc..I was just sharing my opinion that, that was just a stupid hit, and after it happend, you could tell that sucked the life out of the crowd and team..

Oh, and you could hear that it sucked the life out of the crown on the radio...on which I was listening.

HOW DID YOU GET TO GO TO THE GAME!!! :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom