The Super Terrific MLB Thread - Part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the Angels didn't think one aging, eight-figure-salary center fielder was enough, 'cause now they got two.

Something like that. With the Hunter deal, and the deals that Rowand and Andruw will get, GM Jr.'s contract (4/44) doesn't look all that bad.

The Angels have Matthews, Rivera, Willits, one of Napoli or Mathis, one of Morales or Kotchman, and two of Aybar, Wood, Figgins, Izturis, and Kendrick that they can deal. Not to mention one of Saunders or Ervin Santana. Hell they could probably go out and deal for Johan Santana and Miguel Cabrera (or Tejada).

These aren't Bill Stoneman's Angels anymore...

Yeah, Rowand was asking for 6 years, $84 million.

Hence, why Philly did not re-sign him.

Re: Angels - just read where a package involving Mathews and Kendrick might free up Miguel Cabrera...if shortstop is still in issue without a Tejada, they would actually consider going back and resigning David Eckstein...its written that they might even reach out to Darrin Erstad for some bench support...its definitely not Stoneman's Angels (he's gone by the way) and since I don't think the new guy (Reagins) is capable of doing this himself, its Artie Moreno who's pulling the strings...

Wow, if they could actually get Cabrera for Matthews & Kendrick you have to do it...they could still probably trade for Tejada if they think he can still play SS (I don't think so), or they could just try Wood there, or Izturis.

Big picture is, if they can make that trade they still have more than enough chips to be in on the upcoming Santana sweepstakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom