The Super Terrific MLB Thread - Part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
capt.74a2bceb77d440d594d6d13333c4dda3.dodgers_torre_baseball_camw106.jpg

if you think that picture's strange, just wait until the first shot of don mattingly in dodger blue comes out.

woooo... yankee fans everywhere just shivered.

Hewson said:
Now that he's in LA, how long till Torre is dating Alyssa Milano?

Fantastic.

As for Mattingly in a Dodger uniform.....yeah, not good. I mean, I 100% understand the situation, and do not blame him for following Torre, but, it will be very odd to see him in that uniform.

He said its Yankees or retirement. But the Dodgers are dangling his former manager Joe Torre, his bestest buddy Donny Dodgerball, the 3rd slot in their rotation, and the Friday slot in Alyssa Milano's rotation. Plus 17 Million...tough to pass up.

Alyssa Milano? That's a big slot...

Glad Big Schill will be back...I kinda figured he would. He as much as said he wanted to return on SOSH, and he's a better option than just about anybody else on the FA market, since Pettitte wouldn't come to Boston.

CTU2fan said:

Glad Big Schill will be back...I kinda figured he would. He as much as said he wanted to return on SOSH, and he's a better option than just about anybody else on the FA market, since Pettitte wouldn't come to Boston.

Earlier in the season Schilling said he'd be happy with 1 year, $13 MM...now he signs for 1 year, $8 MM + $2 MM in incentives. He should really fire his agent.

speedracer said:

Earlier in the season Schilling said he'd be happy with 1 year, $13 MM...now he signs for 1 year, $8 MM + $2 MM in incentives. He should really fire his agent.
Especially considering his agent upped his commission to 44% this year.

DaveC said:

Are you kidding? :eyebrow:

why would i be kidding?

david wright is not a gold glover... i guess he won be default because he's the most famous third baseman in the NL and scott rolen was injured the entire season.

as for jimmy rollins, he's certainly more deserving than wright, but as long as omar vizquel is still playing, no one else deserves the gold glove at short. not rollins, not reyes, not no one.

but, alas, the gold glove has been an utter joke for a while now, so who cares.

i also want to know how 4 outfielders won in the NL. apparently they play slow pitch softball style in the senior circut.

Jimmy Rollins deserved it. I've seen Visquel. I think Rollins is as good as Visquel, if not better, which is saying something.

The Phils traded for Brad Lidge. I'm not sure how I feel yet.

Really? What'd they give up. And what's the deal with Philly trading for Houston closers?

Lidge is a very good pitcher, adding him is a definite plus. I assume that means Myers back to the rotation?

agree to disagree on rollins vs. vizquel.

as for the lidge trade... it depends on what lidge they get. it's quite possible that a change of scenary is all the guy needs, and he'll revert to old form. it's also quite possible that he's another mitch williams, scarred forever by an epic homerun.

it's a good deal for philly as long as bourn doesn't turn into a stud.

I honestly would not be averse to the Phillies going after A-Rod. Probably don't have the cash, but that infield would be unreal and another big bat added to an already tough offense.

I like the Lidge trade. I like Bourn, but if the Phils can improve the pen, it's never a bad thing. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom