The Super Terrific MLB Thread - Part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The OOTS has basically summed up exactly what I was going to say. Well said, sir :up:

Manny Ramirez was definitely out. You can see Torrealba tagged his left hip as Manny lifted his hand over the catcher to tag. Out.

That said, the World Series is over.

Sprint :down:

Never ever EVER EVER EVER get a Sprint (or Nextel) phone. They will screw you in every way imaginable and then screw you even more when you try to complain.

I worked on the inside this summer. Trust me, it is a corporation with no soul whatsoever.

DaveC said:

Manny Ramirez was definitely out. You can see Torrealba tagged his left hip as Manny lifted his hand over the catcher to tag. Out.
Its sad when Buck has to explain to McCarver, a former catcher, why the ump waited to make the out call.

And the camera angle doesn't show it while the tag is applied, but its interesting that Norbit comes up with the ball in his throwing hand, not his mitt after applying the tag. Things that make you go hmmm. Won't matter much anyway.

CTU2fan said:
I think you might see a lower Sox payroll in upcoming years, as cheaper young players start to win spots on the roster

I feel that the Yankees and Red Sox have both learned from the Twins and A's of the world. They have put a lot more focus on their minor league prospects in the last few years...and it is showing (Papelbon, Pedroia, Ellsbury and some Yankees I could not name).

CTU2fan said:
The media jumps the bandwagon just like fans do. I know it's got to be annoying as hell.

Media BUILDS the bandwagon. If media did not exist, there would be no such thing as bandwagons. Second point: ESPN is in Connecticut. Half of the people at ESPN are Red Sox fans, the other half are Yankee fans. So, the rest of the country gets "the greatest rivalry" shoved down there throats all year round.

CTU2fan said:
...so I've got douchebags making me look bad as a football & baseball fan.

No douchebags needed for this choir. :wink:

And props to the morons who set lines on the site I use for not looking at the revised batting order and leaving Jacoby Ellsbury as part of the "field" at +800 to score the game's first run.

$$$$

Dalton said:
I've never had any problems with them. They even gave me a free upgrade on my phone when mine broke. No new contract.

:scratch:

Then whoever did that went completely against company policy. You certainly lucked out big time.

They're setting you up for the real fucker. Expect an $800 bill, your phone being shut off, a call from the collections agency, and a new two-year contract any time now.

DaveC said:

:scratch:

Then whoever did that went completely against company policy. You certainly lucked out big time.

They're setting you up for the real fucker. Expect an $800 bill, your phone being shut off, a call from the collections agency, and a new two-year contract any time now.

That's why I take all of my phone, internet, and utilities out under a fake name and SS number. It makes it easier to stomach those sort of 'mistakes.'

No spoken words said:
Sprint used to fuck guys like you in prison.

And then knife them after it's over, pull out their eyeballs and skull-fuck them just for good measure.

And inre: the Manny play at the plate, I don't want to say I told you so, but...actually I do. :whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom