The Super Terrific MLB Thread - Part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
speedracer said:
Today's random prop bet: Beckett over 6.5 strikeouts, -130.

Beckett struck out 7+ batters in 21/33 games this season, and Colorado was 4th in the NL in strikeouts. Looks pretty good with Beckett striking out the side in the 1st...
I would have liked to have seen that one, but I did nibble on "What will Willy Tavares do in his first at bat?"
I took Strikeout at +250
:hi5:

gherman said:
:wink: You people are too serious its just a game:wink:
We're too serious??
You're the only one wishing people you don't know would die cause your team (I thought you used to be a Tiggers fan) is overmatched.

gherman said:

I bet it does you sicko. You shouldn't laugh at things like that.
Perhaps you shouldn't post things like that.

Nice attempt to deflect attention from who made the real "sicko" post...except it didn't work.

So the final score is...Layoff 13, Rox 1. Nothing to do with, you know, the Sox being any good or anything. I hate the media.

CTU2fan said:
So the final score is...Layoff 13, Rox 1. Nothing to do with, you know, the Sox being any good or anything. I hate the media.

Bill Belichick, is that you posting?

John Lackey said:
Manny's a douche! Ortiz is a bitch! :lmao:

Indeed.

Los Angeles Angels
Pitchers IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA
John Lackey (L,0-1) 6 9 4 4 2 4 2 6.00

Boston Red Sox
Hitters AB R H RBI BB SO LOB AVG
Dustin Pedroia, 2B 4 0 0 0 0 1 1 .000
Kevin Youkilis, 1B 4 2 2 1 0 1 0 .500
David Ortiz, DH 3 1 2 2 1 0 0 .667
Manny Ramirez, LF 3 1 1 0 1 1 1 .333

Jacoby Ellsbury, LF 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000
Mike Lowell, 3B 3 0 1 1 0 0 2 .333
J.D. Drew, RF 3 0 1 0 0 0 3 .333
Jason Varitek, C 3 0 1 0 0 1 1 .333
Coco Crisp, CF 3 0 0 0 0 0 1 .000
Julio Lugo, SS 3 0 1 0 0 2 0 .333
Totals 29 4 9 4 2 6
Batting
2B - Kevin Youkilis (1, Lackey)
HR - Kevin Youkilis (1, Lackey), David Ortiz (1, Lackey)

Indeed. :lol:

Seriously though, whenever I hear anyone blaming the layoff for the Rockies' stinker last night, I say "well, maybe they shoulda thought about that before they swept the Diamondbacks." (To their credit, I haven't heard of any of the Rockies themselves making excuses.)

The layoff definitely played its part. They were riding sheer momentum, and in baseball 8 days off is a lonnng time (not that I need to remind anyone here of that).

That said, I hope they kicked the rust off and tie it up tonight. :up:

ETA: I'm not blaming the layoff entirely. The Sox played a fantastic game last night, too. Josh Beckett was filthy.

Last edited:
Beckett is near Sandy Koufax unbeatable (I said near) in the playoffs this year. The Rockies had almost no chance last night, layoff or not.
Tonight, they can put the ball in play against Schilling and I expect them to score more, but I also expect their rookie pitcher to get a case of FenwayCarmona-itis and nibble and walk several guys and build a high pitch count and not get beyond 5 shaky innings and the Sox to win 8-4 or so.

Yeah, the layoff played a HUGE part in that game. Anyone who has ever played baseball knows how difficult it is to jump back in after that long without a game.

That being said, they were going to lose that game anyways with Beckett on the mound. So, they need to just focus on tonight and see if they can push a few runs across the plate against father time.

I hope to God he spills some ketchup on his sock before tonights game. Condiment drama is the BEST drama.

A thank you to Jacoby!

taco_supreme_advertised.png

zoney! said:

Speaking of...I am kinda excited to see Dice-K at bat.

Anyone know how he did during interleague play? Has Papelbon batted?

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/Stati...seasonYear=2007&seasonType=2&pagetype=batting

Dice-K is 0-4 with 2 Ks at the plate this season.

Papelbon hasn't batted, and since he doesn't often pitch more than 1 inning, he's not likely to make it to the plate this series. He's probably crazy enough that he'd jump and swing at a pitch 8 feet in the air though.

Beckett has 2 HRs in his career.

Holy shit, that may be the worst version of God Bless America I've ever heard.

I swear at least half those harmonies were just WRONG.

And boys ... I'm sorry, I mean Boyz? It helps to have the melody somewhere in the harmony.

:no:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom