The Super Terrific MLB Thread - Part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
National League, Japan, same difference...

Ok, fine, the NL is better than Japan, but Beckett was worse last year (5.01) than Matsuzaka has been this year (4.40).

I'm willing to give Matsuzaka another year before throwing him overboard.

Colorado is absolutely ridiculous right now.

Down 1-0, bottom of the 4th, they pinch-hit for the pitcher, and Seth Smith hits a 120-foot bloop double to give Colorado the lead.

If Smith gets put out, Colorado could easily lose a close game and blow out their bullpen in the process. Instead, Clint Hurdle looks like a genius.

EDIT: Well, looks like it won't matter now anyway.

Last edited:
If the Rockies can hold on for the next two innings, they will be doing America a GREAT favor...No more TBS and no more Frank TV ads.

Arizona ended up with more hits yet again. At least Eric Byrnes can sleep easy knowing that his team "outplayed" the Rockies.

Ya know, all the talk about how they don't want to pitch Beckett tonight because they want to give Schilling & Matsuzaka the extra rest? I've got a better idea...pitch Beckett tonight, Wake on Thursday, and then Schill & Beckett back in Boston. Skip Dice-K...apparently even with extra rest he can't get out of the 5th inning. Seriously, I'm talking about replacing a Dice start with a short rest Beckett start...who gives you more confidence? Especially since Beckett only threw 80 pitches last time...

I didn't notice, but some guy on SoSH (Red Sox forum) thought so as well.

If boston, (hopefully) goes to the world series, i think they have a chance...

if indians to go the world series, then they will get sweeped just like lebroom and the cavs did...

Sweet. I turn off the TV, and Boston slams 3 HRs in a row and Jon Lester mows down the Indians.

I guess I'll be following the game on the Web for the rest of the night.

DaveC said:
Did Pedroia just slap at that ball A-Rod style?? :huh:

It looked like a slap to me, and that was exactly what I thought of. :|

I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows.

-- Bart Simpson

speedracer said:
I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows.

-- Bart Simpson

Yes.

Back home on Thursday night with Beckett in again. That has been a good combination so far.

ETA: Can you just watch on the web from now on, since that seems to work? :wink:

tpsreports2424 said:
If boston, (hopefully) goes to the world series, i think they have a chance...

if indians to go the world series, then they will get sweeped just like lebroom and the cavs did...

as hot as the rockies are, you have to take into account that they'll have a week off before they play again. could very well cool them down... and, while they are a very good young team, they are certainly not as good as they've been playing.

if the momentum stops, the rock could very well be swept into oblivion by whomever wins the AL.

The Rockies had 5 days off between the LDS and LCS and it didn't cool them off, but of course that was against Arizona.

At this point, I foresee a Cleveland WS victory, ending a 59 year drought. Though its not a Boston or Chicago sized drought, it is quite a long one, and will only aid in reinforcing the misery of Cubs' fans.

Cleveland is the best team right now, by a long shot. Their bullpen has been phenomenal. The lineup has no soft spots, Casey Blake normally hits 9th for cryin out loud.

The Rockies are a great story, but methinks Cinderella is gonna turn into a pumpkin, appropriately enough on Halloween night.

Hewson said:

At this point, I foresee a Cleveland WS victory, ending a 59 year drought. Though its not a Boston or Chicago sized drought, it is quite a long one, and will only aid in reinforcing the misery of Cubs' fans.

Hope you're right!

At least Boston fans had the Celts and Pats and Chicago had the Bears and the Bulls to ease their pain.

Cleveland has had the most suffering sports fans of all. Last championship....1964 NFL title.

Won't believe it until it happens.

With the Tribe up 3-1, I'm starting to get this feeling in the pit of my stomach only a Cleveland fan knows about. It's not a good feeling

Philly's distinction is being the city with the longest championship drought of any city which has a franchise in all 4 major sports.

Cleveland hasn't had NHL hockey since the Barons merged with the North Stars after 2 less than spectacular seasons.

speedracer said:
Whoops. Nothing to see here, move along.
barbrady.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom