The Super Terrific MLB Thread - Part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, that game just made me sick last night. If Schilling had his stuff, we're not having this conversation. But he didn't look like one of the best postseason pitchers of all time out there last night. I hope his next outing is much better.

I'm in Connecticut right now, and I don't know how you East Coasters do it! That game went on until almost 2 a.m. That's getting late even in Seattle (11 p.m.)!

I've become used to almost any sporting event being finished before I go to bed, even games that start at 7:30 p.m. on the West Coast. It's nice.

SeattleVertigo said:
I'm in Connecticut right now, and I don't know how you East Coasters do it! That game went on until almost 2 a.m. That's getting late even in Seattle (11 p.m.)!

I've become used to almost any sporting event being finished before I go to bed, even games that start at 7:30 p.m. on the West Coast. It's nice.

Try living in the Atlantic time zone and adding another hour onto that! I didn't get to bed until almost 3:30 am :yawn:

And here I was thinking without the Yankees we wouldn't see 5 hour games...silly me.

CTU2fan said:
Gagne off, Tavarez on...DL Gagne with a sprained eyelid or something, I don't care.

But if Gagne goes on the DL now, he won't be eligible for the World Series Roster. Oh yeah that means everyone in Boston not named Francona would be :dance:.
What does Francona see in this guy?
Every casual fan can see he either:
A. Has lost it
or
2. Is hurt but not telling the team

Why can't Francona and Epstein figure this out?

Hewson said:
But if Gagne goes on the DL now, he won't be eligible for the World Series Roster. Oh yeah that means everyone in Boston not named Francona would be :dance:.
What does Francona see in this guy?
Every casual fan can see he either:
A. Has lost it
or
2. Is hurt but not telling the team

Why can't Francona and Epstein figure this out?

Perhaps Francona is thinking that he was right about sticking with Pedroia and he'll be vindicated at some point for sticking with Gagne...or crucified.

Gagne just looked dazed in the dugout after they took him out. His look just said, what the fuck happened to me?

Got Philk? said:
I just saw a 58 mph pitch...

I've thrown a pitch 58 mph.

therefore, I have decided that I should be a MLB pitcher

Get an agent and you could be on your way to Philly's spring training camp in February.

DaveC said:
Colorado is unstoppable. I think they might run the table playing like this. :ohmy:
I've never seen a team on such a roll, that includes the "Morgan Magic" run of the 1988 Red Sox.

Just unfrigginbelievable.

DaveC said:
Jimmy Rollins is a lock then :up:

look... i was plugging david wright for MVP for a long time. fact of the matter is matt holliday had a better season. and he had a better season than rollins. holliday deserves the MVP, the only way he doesn't get it is because of east coast bias (or homerun bias, in which case fielder gets it, but i doubt it).

OK I have a funky feeling in my gut about these next 2 games...DiceK and Wakefield, crapshoot. Both pitchers have the potential to dominate (3-1 Sox) or to somewhat implode (3-1 Tribe). Wake in particular hasn't looked good since he originally got hurt. Tito says emphatically that Wake is the starter in game 4 but if DiceK craps out tonight I wonder if he'll consider Beckett.

CTU2fan said:
OK I have a funky feeling in my gut about these next 2 games...DiceK and Wakefield, crapshoot. Both pitchers have the potential to dominate (3-1 Sox) or to somewhat implode (3-1 Tribe).
Which should equal a 2-2 series heading to game 5.

True, but I bet he is happy with the Rockies commanding lead:

pie2.jpg

bigger waste of money...

roger clemens or matsuzaka?

:hmm:

clemens was worth more in the short term, but they're rid of him. matsuzaka cost 50 million just to be able to talk to him, and he's there for another what, three years?

Cleveland! Denver! It's the World Series on Fox!!!

somewhere rupert murdoch is on the phone with dick cheney, arranging to have bud selig taken out.

Yeah, what a hoser that Dice-K kid is. I say cut his sorry ass after one season, just like that Beckett chump from last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom