The Super Terrific MLB Thread - Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched the highlights of that Balt-Tex game.

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!! :shocked:

It was on TV here last night because we get all the baltimore games but I'm not a Baltimore fan so I didn't watch (instead I watched the Nationals lose :p).

30-3!!! They should invoke the slaughter rule on that one :lol:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
the average baseball team scores about 4 runs per game.. the average football team scores 20.

so that game translated into football terms would make it about 150-14... roughly.

I could see the Patriots beating some team by that much this year. <grin>

OK, not really.

Highest I could see a football score going is the 50s or 60s -- it would go against the code to go higher than that.

SeattleVertigo said:

Highest I could see a football score going is the 50s or 60s -- it would go against the code to go higher than that.
Didn't the Bears win a playoff game 73-0 back in the day?

And If I recall, Neil Lomax' college squad (Portland State I think) once scored over 100.

If randhail can pull Phil Plantier out at any given moment, then you must be on the lookout for the occasional Neil Lomax or Gary Hogeboom from me.

The funniest thing about the box score from last night is Wes Littleton got the save in a 30-3 game. His second of the season but he met the criteria.

The official scorer shall credit a pitcher with a save when such pitcher meets all four of the following conditions:

(1) He is the finishing pitcher in a game won by his team;
(2) He is not the winning pitcher;
(3) He is credited with at least a third of an inning pitched; and
(4) He satisfies one of the following conditions:

(a) He enters the game with a lead of no more than three runs and pitches at least one inning;
(b) He enters the game, regardless of the count, with the potential tying run either on base, or at bat or on deck (that is, the potential tying run is either already on base or is one of the first two batters he faces); or
(c) He pitches for at least three innings.

trevster2k said:
The funniest thing about the box score from last night is Wes Littleton got the save in a 30-3 game. His second of the season but he met the criteria.

Thank God Wes Littleton was there or else the Rangers may have lost that game!

A well-earned save. <laughing>

They ought to revisit the rules.

My braves suck.

Smoltz and Hudson have to pitch every other day.

Still a chance I guess, but unlikely.

I am A Yankee fan, not THE Yankee fan. Then again, in this thread, I'm the only real Yankee fan. Mr. Pryck roots for all NY teams, so he's disqualified.

I will hate Seattle forever for what happened in 1995, regardless of the Yanks giving Seattle the boot from the playoffs in 2000 and 2001. Sad part is I love the city of Seattle, but hate the Mariners and hate the Seahawks for their whining after SB XL.

That all being said, Ichiro is my favorite non-Yankee.

No spoken words said:
I am A Yankee fan, not THE Yankee fan. Then again, in this thread, I'm the only real Yankee fan. Mr. Pryck roots for all NY teams, so he's disqualified.

I will hate Seattle forever for what happened in 1995, regardless of the Yanks giving Seattle the boot from the playoffs in 2000 and 2001. Sad part is I love the city of Seattle, but hate the Mariners and hate the Seahawks for their whining after SB XL.

1995 was loads of fun! That was the year that Seattle baseball really arrived. But you certainly have gotten us back since then.

I'm glad you guys have A-Rod -- it's fun hating on him with the Yankees. <wink>

I'd have to say that Ichiro is my favorite non-Yankee too! The guy is, like, timeless. From another time, another place. He's the Bruce Lee of baseball. The Zen Master.

Hewson said:
If randhail can pull Phil Plantier out at any given moment, then you must be on the lookout for the occasional Neil Lomax or Gary Hogeboom from me.

I've got to tip my cap to you - I've never heard of either one of those guys. Well done reaching into the way back machine.

Never heard of Lomax or Hogeboom?

Hewson, that makes me feel oldm what about you?

Lomax probably debuted in the NFL when you were just born, Randhail. He was actually a decent QB, just on a horrid team. It was pretty much him and Otis Anderson, and 20 stiffs. I think they were 9-7 in 83 or 84, crummy for his other years.

No spoken words said:
Never heard of Lomax or Hogeboom?

Hewson, that makes me feel oldm what about you?
Age is state of mind, I have the mental outllook of a 17 year old, so all is good.

And Hogeboom should be well known to people these days after his stint as Gary Hawkins on Survivor a couple of years ago.

"Ichiro is the Bruce Lee of baseball."

Great line! I love Ichiro. He plays the game right.

Seattle is a good team, but I'm hoping for a total Angel collapse. I'd much rather see the Yanks play Seattle then the Angels. They pretty much own the Yanks.

No spoken words said:

you're just a walking contradiction my friend

MrPryck2U said:
Seattle is a good team, but I'm hoping for a total Angel collapse. I'd much rather see the Yanks play Seattle then the Angels. They pretty much own the Yanks.

Hey, I'm hoping for a total Angel collapse, too! :wink:

But I'd rather Seattle face the Angels ... as the Yankees pretty much own the Mariners in the playoffs.

But hey - the good news is that Seattle is only 1 game behind the Angels in the AL West! I think that's the closest we've been all season!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom