The Super Terrific MLB Thread - Part 3 - Page 50 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-29-2007, 11:08 PM   #736
ONE
love, blood, life
 
zoney!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: six metro locations
Posts: 11,293
Local Time: 10:07 PM
Big Grin I am in Boston!

Quote:
Originally posted by CTU2fan


Enjoy the game zoney. You should be good with the Kirby jersey...now if it was a Jeter one, not so much

Your best bet for playoff tickets might be Yankee Stadium, they make the playoffs every year so I think you'd find more tickets available. Plus, if you haven't been it'll be a chance to see it before they move out next year. I've been once and had a great time.

I currently have NESN on and they have the Red Sox Nation Presidential Debate on.

I WILL enjoy the game and would never wear a Jeter jersey here...or probably anywhere. I was talking about Bucky Dent earlier though (I feel that the Phils/Mets are headed for a one game playoff).

I have NO desire to go see a playoff game at Yankee Stadium. I grew up less than 15 miles from the stadium and grew up with them. I have history.

For the record...my summer at MLB games (home team first):

Cubs vs. Nats (with NSW)
Phils vs. White Sox
Mets vs. Twins
Phils vs. Cards
Phils vs. Braves
Reds vs. Cubs
Phils vs. Dodgers
White Sox vs. Red Sox
Phils vs. Mets
Cards vs. Reds
Red Sox vs. Twins

Eight stadiums and 11 different teams. Love to add another team and/or stadium.
__________________

__________________
zoney! is offline  
Old 09-30-2007, 01:30 AM   #737
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 17,415
Local Time: 11:07 PM
I can't take this.

My head is going to explode.

See you all after this is over.

Go Phils.
__________________

__________________
DaveC is online now  
Old 09-30-2007, 08:27 AM   #738
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC
I can't take this.

My head is going to explode.

See you all after this is over.

Go Phils.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 09-30-2007, 09:58 AM   #739
ET
The Fly
 
ET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 219
Local Time: 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26


I feel your pain...rooting for the Phils too....
:Pray:
__________________
ET is offline  
Old 09-30-2007, 02:39 PM   #740
Refugee
 
SeattleVertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Islamabad, Pakistan
Posts: 1,567
Local Time: 09:07 AM
What the hell happened to Glavine?!

Gives up 7 runs in the 1st, taken out after only one out? Pathetic!
__________________
SeattleVertigo is offline  
Old 09-30-2007, 02:42 PM   #741
Refugee
 
SeattleVertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Islamabad, Pakistan
Posts: 1,567
Local Time: 09:07 AM
And I see Jamie Moyer is rolling right along so far in the Philly game -- no runs and 1 hit through three innings. Hope he gets the win and into the postseason -- we like Jamie here in Seattle! Class guy.
__________________
SeattleVertigo is offline  
Old 09-30-2007, 04:38 PM   #742
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 08:07 PM
Flipping around between my Steelers, the Mets and the Phils. Thank you DirecTV.

Mets just lost, and the Phillie fans are going fucking crazy. Wow. As a sports fan, you live for those moments, to be in that crowd at that time, or at least to get to watch it. I was at Game 6 of the 1996 World Series and still get chills thinking back to that day.

2 dead in Philly now, one out to go, crowd all standing, in red, waving the white towels. Great scene.

And the Phillies win......they advance, wow, what a stretch drive. Just, wow.

Congrats PF26 and Dave C, enjoy October baseball!!!
__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 09-30-2007, 04:40 PM   #743
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 17,415
Local Time: 11:07 PM
2007 NL East Champions.

My God.

This is unbelievable.

I feel like this team is unstoppable right now...bring 'em on!!!

__________________
DaveC is online now  
Old 09-30-2007, 04:43 PM   #744
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 17,415
Local Time: 11:07 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen, your 2007 National League MVP:



20-20-20-20
__________________
DaveC is online now  
Old 09-30-2007, 04:48 PM   #745
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,464
Local Time: 11:07 PM
it takes two to choke. if the phillies didn't play well down the stretch, the mets could have just backed themselves in to the playoffs. so of course all credit is due them... especially rollins, who backed up every word he spoke. a preverbial tip of the hat to him. it's nice to see a guy who actually backs up his bravado, unlike the shortstop in queens.

all that said... this is a mets team that, on paper, had the most talent in the national league. they're also a team that played as if they knew that fact all year long. there was no desperation, no heart, no emotion. they acted as if all they had to do was show up and it was their birth right to go to the playoffs. that's not a team i want to root for.

this team, with the exception of wright, loduca, alou and a few select others, have coasted the entire season. jose reyes has looked as if he didn't care for the last 2 months. not ironicly his play showed. this falls on everyone in the organization... but it has to start with omar minaya and willie randolph.

this lack of effort was not something that was there only these last few weeks. it's been there the entire season. the mets were .500 at home. they were a .500 team since june. it's clear as day that willie randolph has no control over his club house, and even though i doubt it will happen, he should never be allowed to wear a mets uniform again.

the mets "moto" this season... all over the commercials, the advertisements, the stadium... has been "your season has come." they changed that to "your postseason has come" about a month ago. they put the extra playoff seats out at shea a week ago. vanity... quite the sin. the entire organization has been so full of themselves the entire season, the play on the field reflected that sense, and they got what they deserved. they were taken over by a team that scrapped and clawed for everything they got... a team that showed this little thing called heart.

congrats to the phillies, padres, cubs, d-backs, angels, indians, red sox and yankees.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 09-30-2007, 04:55 PM   #746
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
it takes two to choke. if the phillies didn't play well down the stretch, the mets could have just backed themselves in to the playoffs. so of course all credit is due them... especially rollins, who backed up every word he spoke. a preverbial tip of the hat to him. it's nice to see a guy who actually backs up his bravado, unlike the shortstop in queens.

all that said... this is a mets team that, on paper, had the most talent in the national league. they're also a team that played as if they knew that fact all year long. there was no desperation, no heart, no emotion. they acted as if all they had to do was show up and it was their birth right to go to the playoffs. that's not a team i want to root for.

this team, with the exception of wright, loduca, alou and a few select others, have coasted the entire season. jose reyes has looked as if he didn't care for the last 2 months. not ironicly his play showed. this falls on everyone in the organization... but it has to start with omar minaya and willie randolph.

this lack of effort was not something that was there only these last few weeks. it's been there the entire season. the mets were .500 at home. they were a .500 team since june. it's clear as day that willie randolph has no control over his club house, and even though i doubt it will happen, he should never be allowed to wear a mets uniform again.

the mets "moto" this season... all over the commercials, the advertisements, the stadium... has been "your season has come." they changed that to "your postseason has come" about a month ago. they put the extra playoff seats out at shea a week ago. vanity... quite the sin. the entire organization has been so full of themselves the entire season, the play on the field reflected that sense, and they got what they deserved. they were taken over by a team that scrapped and clawed for everything they got... a team that showed this little thing called heart.

congrats to the phillies, padres, cubs, d-backs, angels, indians, red sox and yankees.
I agree with a lot of the above, but did not want to post any of that, basically, out of respect for you. Nice, classy, logical post, Headache. Maybe the Giants can win tonight and get some revenge.

Doe
__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 09-30-2007, 04:56 PM   #747
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 17,415
Local Time: 11:07 PM
Pads aren't in yet, they're losing to the Brew Crew and the Rox are winning...
__________________
DaveC is online now  
Old 09-30-2007, 04:58 PM   #748
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 17,415
Local Time: 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words


I agree with a lot of the above, but did not want to post any of that, basically, out of respect for you. Nice, classy, logical post, Headache. Maybe the Giants can win tonight and get some revenge.

Doe
Indeed.

I would have wallowed in grief for at least a day.

But the Giants are still getting shitkicked tonight.
__________________
DaveC is online now  
Old 09-30-2007, 05:00 PM   #749
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC
Pads aren't in yet, they're losing to the Brew Crew and the Rox are winning...
A one-game playoff is always fun.
__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 09-30-2007, 05:02 PM   #750
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
speedracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: MD
Posts: 7,574
Local Time: 11:07 PM
Wow, the Brewers sure aren't playing like a team that got eliminated on Friday...

I don't know if they'll do it, but Arizona really should just roll over and let Colorado win so that Colorado and San Diego have to have a playoff game, since Arizona has already clinched HFA throught the NL playoffs.
__________________

__________________
speedracer is online now  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com