The Super Terrific MLB Thread - Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, I'm so mad at the Mariners right now. Their job is to beat the Angels and they didn't come through. I don't really want to see the Yankees play the Angels in the Division Series when they capture the wildcard spot. Like I said before, I'd rather see the Mariners win the division and have the Angels fall completely out of the race. We've got a month to go, so maybe that can still happen.

Then of course, when it comes to Yanks/BoSox, a victory over the Sox is always sweet. Especially at The Stadium.

As for the Moose situation, Joe Torre really had no choice. This reminds me of when David Cone had that 4-14 year with the Yanks back in 2000. Hey, at least Moose had a decent first half of the season. They'll probably send him to the bullpen.

MrPryck2U said:
Damn, I'm so mad at the Mariners right now. Their job is to beat the Angels and they didn't come through. I don't really want to see the Yankees play the Angels in the Division Series when they capture the wildcard spot. Like I said before, I'd rather see the Mariners win the division and have the Angels fall completely out of the race. We've got a month to go, so maybe that can still happen.

Cause there's no way the Mariners actually want to win themselves. :wink:

That's the worst kind of day -- Red Sox and M's lose, Yankees and Angels win. Karma has to turn around today, right? At least that's what I'm telling myself.

Can't hold on to a 5-0 1st inning lead. <disgust>

If the M's do make the playoffs, I hope they get to avoid the Angels -- they own us this year!

MrPryck2U said:
when it comes to Yanks/BoSox, a victory over the Sox is always sweet. Especially at The Stadium.

It was the most obvious of the three games for them to win, with Pettite being their best pitcher.

So now they are 7 back. I'm glad you enjoyed the victory.

phillyfan26 said:

If he hadn't gotten hurt, it wouldn't even be close you know. He would have been the NL MVP for sure.

in the running, yes... for sure? not quite...

as it stands right now matt holliday should probably be the NL MVP, but there are a number of candidates, including howard, pujols, reyes, ramirez and fielder... but it'll probably come down to holliday, utley and david wright.

MrPryck2U said:

and maybe the yankees won't make the playoffs, which is more likely than the angels falling completely out of the playoffs.

Dear Boston Redsox,

I understand how once in a while you can't help but take pity on someone who doesn't deserve it.

It is very charitable to give away something that is rightfully yours to those less fortunate.

I don't condone it, but I understand it.

Don't let it happen again...

Thanks in advance,

Zumanity

I think the focus is more on the wildcard although the division would be nice. The Yanks' poor first half and the BoSox' great first half has made the wildcard the Yanks' realistic chance for the postseason. What sucks though is that if the Angels win the AL West, (a strong possibility) the Yanks would have to face the Angels in the LDS.

This shall be known as one of the legendary massacres in Seattle sports history. Damn!

And it's not going to get easier soon, going on the road against all those contenders.

Ah well, this is an up and down team. They'll probably start winning a bunch in a row here pretty soon.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
giving up on the M's so easy? :wink:

maybe the Pilots will get it done this year

The Red Sox are my childhood team! Love 'em. But now I live in Seattle. I'll root for Seattle against the Red Sox this year, but won't be disappointed if the Sox win it all, that's for sure!

Headache in a Suitcase said:
seattle has a sports history? :scratch:

Ha! Well ... the Seahawks always have a loud stadium full of loud fans. And baseball post-1995.

And hey! The Mariners were the other team playing whatever-team-Reggie-Jackson-was-on-at-the-time-in-California at the end of the first Naked Gun movie.

That counts, right? Right????

Oh well. I tried.

I'm waiting for Jamie Moyer to have his Chet Steadman start so we can call it a career for him.

I was so sad when Jamie Moyer left. They still show his commercials here, but the Mariners logo has been digitally removed from his jersey and hat. :(

He had a great commercial here with Chase Utley. Utley's signing autographs and Moyer walks up with an Utley picture and says, "It's for my wife. She thinks your 'cool.'" Utley, with a bit of interest, says, "Really? Maybe I can come over for dinner sometime." And Moyer angrily goes, "Are you kidding me? No way: just sign the picture."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom