The Super Terrific MLB Thread - Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know which decision was worse: Helms being on the roster, Helms starting the first two games, or Kendrick being removed because of Helms' error.

phillyfan26 said:
I don't know which decision was worse: Helms being on the roster, Helms starting the first two games, or Kendrick being removed because of Helms' error.

I completely did not understand the decision to yank Kendrick (although I'm following the game only through the box score). Granted, he hasn't looked great, but the time to have a super-quick hook with a starter is in an elimination game when you have a decent pitcher who can go on short rest (Pedro vs. Cleveland in 1999, Mussina vs. Boston in 2003 for example).

Doing it in the middle of the series and putting in another mediocre pitcher just ensures that you're going to burn out your bullpen early.

phillyfan26 said:

Well, it's clear that Dalton was half-serious now, so what do you mean?

Right, he was half serious.

What do I mean? I mean that if Jesus Christ played for a Philly sports team, they would probably boo him. Hence, the bad karma.

We almost always have a good reason: usually no heart or pure stupidity. See today: Jose Mesa and Charlie Manuel.

What you mean is that you've taken the bait on media rumors and exxagerations. You can bring up Santa Claus all you want, but that was 1961, buddy.

I'd like to ask Ryan Howard a number of questions:

"Do you understand the concept of a breaking ball?"
"Does it make sense to practically fall asleep playing first and then go to the papers saying you need to relax more?"
"Really, curve balls, do you get what happens there?"

Dude, why didn't you just call me retarded and get it over with with because that's pretty much what you are saying. Next, you're distancing yourself from my idiocy. I'm pretty sure there are rules here for personal attacks. All I did was implore you to resume filming your Roadhouse sequel. I didn't personally attack you.
What if someone read your post and had been affected by aspergers syndrome in some capacity and was offended by it. But, in a weak effort to sound clever you pulled that one out. Not cool, dude!

Go Rockies!

phillyfan26 said:
What you mean is that you've taken the bait on media rumors and exxagerations. You can bring up Santa Claus all you want, but that was 1961, buddy.

And for the record, aspergers and 'retarded' are not the same thing. So, if anyone is being offensive it is you.

As far as your 'idiocy' goes? Yeah, whenever someone tries to stereotype an entire city by the actions of a few, well I'll lump that into the idiotic category.

The actions of few? You've got to be joking me here. Yes, there were 3 lonely Philly fans booing Mike Schmidt in his prime. Not a stadium full. It's all in my imagination. Give yourself a break , Swayze.

MrPryck2U said:
The actions of few? You've got to be joking me here. Yes, there were 3 lonely Philly fans booing Mike Schmidt in his prime. Not a stadium full. It's all in my imagination. Give yourself a break, Swayze.

So, 1961, and 1978.

Good for you.

Dalton said:
You still haven't answered my question.

Swayze, they need you in make up.

Phillyfan, give it up. Everyone knows that Philly fans are notorious for their treatment of their hometown players, but you're in denial about, which is ok. And I wasn't referring to Santa in 1961, but thanks for reminding me.

I'm going to take that non answer as an affirmative answer.

See, now we understand one another a lot better!:yippie:

My cousin has aspergers as well. He has to work hard at social interaction as well. Plus he's terrible with humor like you. That was my first big clue.

My cousin is crazy good at math. Are you?

Cool man.

MrPryck2U said:
Phillyfan, give it up. Everyone knows that Philly fans are notorious for their treatment of their hometown players, but you're in denial about, which is ok. And I wasn't referring to Santa in 1961, but thanks for reminding me.

No, everyone knows that Philly fans have been historically a little harder, but that the media has made it into a much bigger deal.

Except you, apparently.

Hey everyone, I've noticed that MrPryk2U catches a lot of flac around here, but I just found out that he has what is called Asperger's Syndrom. AS is simply a mild form of autism. Here is a good link that will tell you a little more about it.

http://www.udel.edu/bkirby/asperger/aswhatisit.html

The wiki article is pretty informative. I want to tell you this because if you understand his condition it will help you relate to him a whole lot better. My cousin has AS and is a really great guy. We hang out all the time. Through haning out, he's even gotten better at humor. So, if we are a bit more understanding and work together, we might even be able to help MrPryk!

Together we can!

I couldn't care less about the media. All I did was watch the Phillies and Eagles play their games at home. The fans booing told me everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom