The Super Terrific MLB Thread - Part 3 - Page 33 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-18-2007, 09:27 AM   #481
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:49 AM
and your 2007 eastern division champions, the new york yankees and the philadelphia phillies.

10 errors in 2 games by a veteran team with multiple gold glove winners and a few potential future gold glove winners, in a self created pennant chase.

randolph can blow me.

the only silver lining you can take from this, if they don't choke it all away that is, is that playing "meaningful" games in the last 2 weeks of the season tends to make teams play better come the post-season. see detroit, st. louis & chicago in the past 2 seasons alone.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:33 AM   #482
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
and your 2007 eastern division champions, the new york yankees and the philadelphia phillies.

Wouldn't that be a kcik in the ass.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:36 AM   #483
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words

Because you're biased?
Probably. But we'll never know what the tabs would do because no Sox player would stoop that low. The Red Sox, class of the AL, on the field AND off.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:39 AM   #484
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
Wouldn't that be a kcik in the ass.
Yeah it would. And it might happen too...NYY has 6 more against dead team walking Baltimore. Though they'll get the good TO pitchers this weekend, and they finally draw Kazmir in their next DRays series.

And how sad is it that I'm pinning our hopes on the frickin' Devil Rays?
Old 09-18-2007, 09:57 AM   #485
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
and your 2007 eastern division champions, the new york yankees
I'm still not worried.

Three games with the Devil Rays coming up after this, and then the Red Sox are home the last week.

They'll be fine.

As for the Mets...
Old 09-18-2007, 10:07 AM   #486
Blue Crack Distributor

one would think a road trip with the nationals and marlins, followed by a home stand with the nationals and the marlins (with a one game makeup against st. louis tossed in) should be just fine and dandy...

then again, they've made 10 errors in 2 games.

if they choke away the division, thus, probably, miss the playoffs, randolph shouldn't make it to the next day without being fired.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:48 AM   #487
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Headache, you're jinxing the Yankees with your 2007 Eastern Division champions proclamation. The D-Rays always play the Yankees tough and usually, so do the O's. Shit, the O's have a winning record with the Yanks this season. I hate when the Yanks play the D-Rays and the O's because those teams play with a nothing-to-lose approach.

As, for the Mets, there's still time left to put a winning streak together and take that momentum into the playoffs. But, it's not looking good right now. If the Mets don't make it to the playoffs though, I think that Willie Randolph should definitely remain the manager. Firing Willie would be a bad move. Besides, who would they hire to take his place?
Old 09-18-2007, 10:50 AM   #488
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I really think that winning the pennant is not as much a priority for the Red Sox brain trust as it is for Sox fans. If Joe Torre were in charge of the Sox, I am certain Youkilis and Manny would be back in the lineup by now.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:50 AM   #489
Blue Crack Addict

I like the way this thread is going right now.

Old 09-18-2007, 10:53 AM   #490
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by MrPryck2U
Firing Willie would be a bad move. Besides, who would they hire to take his place?
Old 09-18-2007, 12:02 PM   #491
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
if they choke away the division, thus, probably, miss the playoffs, randolph shouldn't make it to the next day without being fired.
Totally agree, some things are grounds for immediate firing. Grady his ass...frankly I'd have fired Grady during game 7 if they could.

I still think they'll be OK though...it's San Diego that's in trouble. Philly will catch SD and they'll be out; amazing really, you'd think Kevin Towers trading Doug Mirabelli for Johnny Bench & Goose Gossage (well Bard & Meredith but same thing according to San Diego) would be enough to have them in the clear...
Old 09-18-2007, 12:20 PM   #492
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by MrPryck2U
Headache, you're jinxing the Yankees with your 2007 Eastern Division champions proclamation. The D-Rays always play the Yankees tough and usually, so do the O's. Shit, the O's have a winning record with the Yanks this season. I hate when the Yanks play the D-Rays and the O's because those teams play with a nothing-to-lose approach.

As, for the Mets, there's still time left to put a winning streak together and take that momentum into the playoffs. But, it's not looking good right now. If the Mets don't make it to the playoffs though, I think that Willie Randolph should definitely remain the manager. Firing Willie would be a bad move. Besides, who would they hire to take his place?
if i can jinx the yankees, all the better.

and this is a veteran team that's falling apart at the seems... that's got to fall on someone. in a perfect world it would fall on the players themselves, but, alas, that's not the world we live in.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:29 PM   #493
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by CTU2fan

Probably. But we'll never know what the tabs would do because no Sox player would stoop that low. The Red Sox, class of the AL, on the field AND off.

The above is funny.

I only care about one thing as it pertains to the Yanks:

That they qualify for the playoffs and avoid Anaheim in the first round. Beat fucking Cleveland and have some post-season momentum going for Boston/Anaheim.

I really hope the Phillies make the playoffs and that the Padres do not. I don't even know why. Could be my East Coast bias, even after living in LA for 9.5 years. I like seeing insane fans bundled up in Fall gear in October. And lord knows Phillies fans are insane.

The Cubs win was very exciting last night. Fun to move here and have the Cubbies fighting for the Division.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:47 PM   #494
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

^ I was joking.

Oh yeah, bring on cold-weather baseball. We could possibly have 2 of Boston, NYY, and Cleveland in the ALCS and 2 of NYM, Chicago, and Philly in the NLCS. Freeze Tim McCarver's ass off
Old 09-18-2007, 01:18 PM   #495
Blue Crack Addict