The Super Terrific MLB Thread - Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great performance by Beckett tonight, but sort of a ho hum game too. The crowd seemed dead up until the 8th and 9th when they were urging on Beckett. Though I'd rather have games like this than the ulcer inducing type.

zoney! said:

I heard this same rumor tonight from two Cards fans on my flight home from Minneapolis! :up:

It would be a good move for Seattle IMO. They've had "Stand Pat" Gillick and Bill Bavasi; Jocketty would be an upgrade for sure.

Dalton said:
Well Cub fans, keep your heads up. I mean we've got Lilly and Hill coming up next. How can we lose? :|

I actually like the pitching matchups for Chicago the next 2 games. Tonight is the road game they steal, and then win their home games. Lilly is a good postseason pitcher, he basically shut down the Sox when he faced them with Oakland - problem was, the A's didn't hit a lick in that game. But he pitched very well.

Dalton said:
Well Cub fans, keep your heads up. I mean we've got Lilly and Hill coming up next. How can we lose? :|

My heads not down yet....
Big Z did his job...
we'll put together some of those famous 2 out rallies that we've been using all year...
Loved seeing all the Cubbie fans in AZ....
CUB PRIDE!!

it appears that at least one red, er, sock wanted the padres in the series

197175843503_0_BG.jpg

2 things:

belated :yippie: for my sox

and I love that Biggio took his final lap to Streets. He's among the last of the players who will spend a whole career with one team.

Dalton said:
I don't think he is a sure thing. He and alan tramell are in the same boat.

They aren't even in the same ocean. Biggio has over 3,000 hits - that alone guarantees his trip to the hall. Tramell didn't even come close to that. I think he finished somewhere around 2,000 hits.

Not even close.

Yeah, and he was a Seton Hall teammate of one of my all-time favorites too (Mo Vaughn).

You ever notice how Steve Phillips will take shots at Mo from time to time on ESPN...as if it will cover up his own fuckuppery in dealing for him. Steve Phillips is an idiot.

Biggio belongs in the hall.

So how 'bout those TBS announcers? I almost killed myself multiple times last night, like when they talked about batting helmets covered in tar being baseball's biggest problem or when they called a 2-out grounder a double play ball. They should just combine the post season on TBS with a "America's Next Top Announcer" reality show and let some ordinary joes take their crack at being better than those idiots.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

yes, if only because i sat in the same seat in senior english as he did.

Oh Shit! Are you representing Kings Park too, Headache?

Biggio should get in the HOF someday. He earned it.

I'm probably going over to the Scuhykill and considering jumping in.

Howard's struggles make perfect sense: he's a terribly overrated hitter. But Utley's are dumbfounding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom