The Super Terrific MLB Thread - Part 3 - Page 22 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-09-2007, 11:30 PM   #316
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:31 AM
well... as great as wright has been this year, he doesn't touch the other new york third baseman... no one does. a-rod's on his own planet.

Old 09-09-2007, 11:46 PM   #317
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Mike Lowell for AL MVP. .324 average, over 100 RBI, Gold Glove-caliber defense at 3B, has been the most consistent performer in the Red Sox lineup while others went through intermittent periods of injury and/or suckage...

Oh well. I tried.

Old 09-10-2007, 12:43 AM   #318
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
well... as great as wright has been this year, he doesn't touch the other new york third baseman... no one does. a-rod's on his own planet.
It will be interesting to see if he performs better in the playoffs this year with this monster season he is having.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:18 AM   #319
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by speedracer
Mike Lowell for AL MVP. .324 average, over 100 RBI, Gold Glove-caliber defense at 3B, has been the most consistent performer in the Red Sox lineup while others went through intermittent periods of injury and/or suckage...

Oh well. I tried.
Like I stated before, had Arod not been lighting the league on fire, or had the Yanks not righted the ship and clinched a playoff berth, Lowell may well have won it, but there's no argument this year, blue lips has had a stranglehold on the MVP since Easter Sunday.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:21 AM   #320
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by TheBrush
But I agree David has been just as clutch and responsible for where his team is as any other player in NY.
That might be a bit of a stretch. Without Arod, the Yanks are a .500 team at best this year. Without Wright, the Mets probably still win the NL east, just have to struggle with the "team to beat" a bit.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:47 AM   #321
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:31 PM
While I don't see a ton of Mets games I'd think Reyes might get MVP consideration...he really seems to be a big part of that offense, without him they might well be a 3rd place team. I don't think he'll win, but I wonder if he'll take votes away from Wright and open the door for Prince?

And am I the only one who likes Beckett for AL Cy Young? For me it's Beckett or Sabathia, too close to call just yet.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:54 AM   #322
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by CTU2fan
And am I the only one who likes Beckett for AL Cy Young? For me it's Beckett or Sabathia, too close to call just yet.

He's definitely one to be considered, obviously. Sabathia, too. I think you have to include Wang as well now - he's come on strong lately.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:02 AM   #323
Blue Crack Distributor

reyes has been awful the last month... his average his dipped a good 15 points. he's got a ton of steals and will probably start winning gold gloves whenever omar vizquel retires, but he's not gonna get many votes this year. the mets offense certainly does go to another level when he's performing well, and this winning stretch they're on is probably one of the first times in the past two years that they've dominated with reyes in a slump, but fact is he's just not having an mvp season (unlike last year).

if the phillies had a bullpen, it would certainly be a very close race between wright and utley... but unless they somehow piece together enough to make the playoffs, i can't see him winning. prince fielder will get votes, but he's hurt because he's in milwaukee, hurt because he's in the NL central, and hurt because hes's really only up there in the power numbers... but i can certainly see him winning it, esp. if milwaukee holds on to a playoff spot.

beckett will probably take home the al cy young, but only because erik bedard plays for the orioles. the only way i see sabathia getting it is if, for whatever reason, wakefield takes a few votes away from beckett.

in the NL i'd have to imagine peavy's got it all but wrapped up.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:04 AM   #324
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
That might be a bit of a stretch. Without Arod, the Yanks are a .500 team at best this year. Without Wright, the Mets probably still win the NL east, just have to struggle with the "team to beat" a bit.
it's a gigantic stretch... wright has been great, don't get me wrong, and is a good bet for the NL MVP... but being the second best third baseman in new york is certainly not an insult, especially this season.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:55 AM   #325
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:31 PM
Speaking of "best in NY" is Derek Jeter the 3rd-best SS in New York? Actually I'm not 100% sure if ARod would still be a great SS, it's been a few years since he played there...but it's fun to pick on Captain Intangibles.

I think if Bedard didn't get hurt he'd have won the CY.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:12 PM   #326
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
if the phillies had a bullpen, it would certainly be a very close race between wright and utley... but unless they somehow piece together enough to make the playoffs, i can't see him winning.
I agree that unless Philadelphia makes the postseason, there's no way a Phillie (be it Rollins - who is also VERY deserving - or Utley) will be getting the MVP. And Wright is definitely deserving of the award, too.

"unless they somehow piece together enough to make the playoffs"...you are aware there is something called the Wild Card, right...?
Old 09-10-2007, 01:00 PM   #327
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC

I agree that unless Philadelphia makes the postseason, there's no way a Phillie (be it Rollins - who is also VERY deserving - or Utley) will be getting the MVP. And Wright is definitely deserving of the award, too.

"unless they somehow piece together enough to make the playoffs"...you are aware there is something called the Wild Card, right...?
yea, i've heard of it... and i don't think there's any chance philly over takes san diego. san diego has pitching and an easier schedule. philadelphia has tom gordon.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:02 PM   #328
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by CTU2fan
Speaking of "best in NY" is Derek Jeter the 3rd-best SS in New York? Actually I'm not 100% sure if ARod would still be a great SS, it's been a few years since he played there...but it's fun to pick on Captain Intangibles.

I think if Bedard didn't get hurt he'd have won the CY.
jeter is better than reyes.

he's done it longer, he has the rings.

it's getting closer, and reyes very well probably should pass jeter in the coming years (at least as far as who's better at that particular moment), but right now? you still have to give jeter the edge.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:52 PM   #329
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
philadelphia has tom gordon.
touche'.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:58 PM   #330
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I love when Dustin Pedroia and his 6 homers bat 3rd.