The Super Terrific MLB Thread - Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I would have been really impressed with that 21 run double header had Texas not just scored 39 runs during their double header.

6 games up :) and headed back in the right direction.

zonelistener said:
Ladies and Gentleman....

The Ceremonial First Pitch at Sunday's Sox match-up in Chicago will be tossed by the infamous lefthander named(drum roll please):

ZONELISTENER!

:up:

At the rate the White Sox are going, they might ask you to stick around and join the bullpen.

speedracer said:

At the rate the White Sox are going, they might ask you to stick around and join the bullpen.

I knew the White Sox bullpen was bad, but didn't think it could be that bad...then I watched today's game and they were putrid. It was almost comical/pathetic how bad they were.

Seattle native here, 1995 was awesome.... i have posters that were in newspapers that year around playoffs :)

i love the city of new york but hate the yankees... i think they got a curse going without a world series win since 2000!! hah!! :D

I hope the M's play good against the Angels in the series coming up on Monday and again in a few weeks.... Thank you Detroit for roughing up on yanks last night until 3:30 AM EST!!! :up:

I wished m's would of won today, it would've helped, shit

I was at dbacks cubs game last night with a group from my graduate school program, cubs central here in Phoenix, more cubs fans than dbacks fans, :lol: great game tho.

No spoken words said:

I will hate Seattle forever for what happened in 1995, regardless of the Yanks giving Seattle the boot from the playoffs in 2000 and 2001. Sad part is I love the city of Seattle, but hate the Mariners and hate the Seahawks for their whining after SB XL.

That all being said, Ichiro is my favorite non-Yankee.

DaveC said:

:sigh:

Fuckin' Charlie Manuel. No good reason for taking Lohse out.

When I was in Washington, he almost blew a game by himself. Hamels pitched, and was cruising, the bullpen had struggled so we needed 7 from him. He got through 6 2/3 innings, and the Nats pinch hit with a right hander. So, Charlie pulled Hamels for Antonio Alfonseca. Now, there are a number of things wrong with this. For one, Manuel's convinced the righty-lefty is the end all-be all of his managing existence. Forget the fact that most of the batters Hamels pitches to are right handed. Forget the fact that this particular right hander couldn't crack the starting lineup of fuckin' Washington. Also, We needed Alfonseca to pitch the eight so we could avoid Gordon before giving it to Myers in the ninth. So, naturally, Alfonseca gets the guy out, we bring in Gordon in the eighth, and he gives up two homers and can't get out of the eighth. In fact, they would have lost the game had it not been for Washington making a baserunning error and getting doubled off.

What boggles my mind is that in today's paper someone is nominating Manuel for manager of the year! I know he's gotten them through injuries, but don't you have to at least not be part of the losses as a prerequesite?

With the exception of The Mets, the NL East has been playing like it was the NL central. The Braves could have taken over second in the standings, but they decided to take a big giant crap, just like the Phillies!

phillyfan26 said:

What boggles my mind is that in today's paper someone is nominating Manuel for manager of the year! I know he's gotten them through injuries, but don't you have to at least not be part of the losses as a prerequesite?

Unbelievable. :tsk:

Well, it's 14-1 in the 6th inning right now. He can't blow this one...can he? :huh:

So, I got to throw out the first pitch yesterday at the Sox game. Pretty cool, but I had NO idea who was catching (I am not a White Sox fan, although I played the part for an hour yesterday).

He signed the ball, and I stared at it for a while and could not come up with a name. I just went to their website and had to look at the roster to see who has a last name that starts with a "B" (or so I think it is a B that starts the last name).

After then searching the web for "autographs" - I come to find out the previous day's losing pitcher, Mark Buehrle. Cool, even if I could not identify him.

phanan said:

So care to enlighten us all with how you ended up throwing out the first pitch?

I have a journal entry...too much to retype! :D

A lot of luck and a lot of nights at Crowne Plaza hotels!

Nice to see the Mets opening up some breathing room...that means they can take their time bringing Pedro back. Hopefully he'll be close to full strength in October...the playoffs are more fun with Petey in them.

Wow, imagine a Sox/Mets Series...

corianderstem said:

My sentiments exactly!

I'm a little nervous to watch this series with the Angels.

But that's what makes baseball great, right? The tension, the suspense, the drama....

I'm glad the games are at home. If we don't take 2 out of 3, I'll be disappointed. If we sweep, I'll be ecstatic.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
who saw headache chillin' behind hte fence under the bleachers when moises alou caught a ball in the 2nd inning last night on ESPN? eh? eh?

fine... at least my mom saw me :madspit:
I wasn't home till late, so I missed it. Have your mom put it up on youtube.:wink:

CTU2fan said:
Wow, imagine a Sox/Mets Series...

:hmm:

buckner_ortiz.jpg

Hewson said:
I wasn't home till late, so I missed it. Have your mom put it up on youtube.:wink:

was my first time sitting in the bleachers... or standing rather... normaly the bleachers are open just to group sales, but they opened it up to subscribers to the mets.com newsletter for last night's game...

only spent the last two innings in the actual bleachers... spent the first 7 at this little bar they have below the bleachers that not everyone even realizes is there. made for quite the view...

sheableacher.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom