The Super Terrific MLB Thread - Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No spoken words said:

You know what happened, but Heacache REMEMBERS what happened. I know what happened to the Yanks in the 1960 World Series (they lost in 7 games) but it means little to me. I SAW what happened to them in 2001, and that's harder to deal with. (I went to all 4 games in AZ for that WS, spent well over $1,000 to see the Yanks lose the WS, then drove 6 hours back to LA with a sleeping Oriole fan who would want to listen to Sade when he woke up. Sade's great for driving 6 hours late at night in the desert)

I remember what happened in 2003...:sad:

I did the opposite. Watched the Yanks/Sox, flipped to the Pats during commericals.

The average AL game this year goes 2:58 or 2:56. The average 9-inning Yankee/Red Sox game goes over 3:30.

Classy:

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/baseball/red_sox/view.bg?articleid=1032045

‘Joke’ but no laughs
By Alex Speier
Monday, September 17, 2007 - Updated 3h ago
By most accounts, rookie Shelley Duncan has positively changed the culture of the Yankees’ clubhouse with his jovial demeanor.

Yet this weekend, that same demeanor brought Duncan some unwanted notoriety.

While he signed autographs before Friday’s series opener, Duncan exchanged playful banter with some Red Sox fans. In keeping with the spirit of those conversations, he wrote in the notebook of 10-year-old Griffin Whitman, “Red Sox Suck! Shelley Duncan.”

Duncan was surprised to learn that Whitman and his parents took offense.

“I thought I was back in middle school or high school, where you try to make a joke or say something funny, and you end up saying something that gets you in trouble,” Duncan said before the Yankees’ 4-3 victory last night. “I try to be interactive with people, be funny, have a good time and have a laugh.

“It’s not always Yankees fans that have us sign stuff. I try to rile ’em up and be fun. I don’t expect anybody to make a big deal about it. Nobody ever has before.”

While Red Sox pitcher and Boston native Manny Delcarmen said he has never offered such an epithet to a fan, he does sometimes exchange playful barbs, particularly when offering autographs to Yankee loyalists.

“You look at them and you say, ‘You’re wearing Yankees stuff but you want my autograph?’ ” Delcarmen said. “I grew up here in Boston. When a Yankees fan asks for an autograph, I’m like, ‘Whatever.’ I still sign for them.”

OK it's a little funny...kind of crappy though since it was a little kid.

Why do I have a feeling if a Sox player signed an auto with a "Yankees Suck" the NY tabs would all over the story...

CTU2fan said:

Why do I have a feeling if a Sox player signed an auto with a "Yankees Suck" the NY tabs would all over the story...

Because you're biased? :shrug:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i'm sure the kid, reading his signed "red sox suck" notebook as he stood between johnny o'hoolahan and eddie mcswiggins, wearing their newly bought "brokeback jeter" and "a-rod swallows" shirts, was stunned to discover that the two teams disliked each other.

:)

CTU2fan said:

If its a college kid or Eddie McSwiggins from Southie (Headache's old college roommate), then I find the story rather funny. Unless the 10 year old kid was a serious wise ass it isn't cool to do it to a kid.

031df67a6b_091507yankautographmg01.jpg

:lmao:

Awesome.

F the Sox. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom