The Super Terrific MLB Thread - Part 3 - Page 13 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-02-2007, 11:45 AM   #181
Blue Crack Addict

Location: At Tim Horton's with Kristen and Val talking about Tan Adam and fashion disasters.
Local Time: 01:04 PM
Hey what does your avi say MrsSpringsteen. I'm a die-hard Red Sox fan. It looks funny.

And about Clay Bucholz (sp?), AMAZING no-hitter. I'm sure he's really proud of himself. And did those of you watching it on tv, hear Beckett yelling, "Better than Curt Schilling did, better than Curt Schilling did!!!"

Old 09-02-2007, 11:52 AM   #182
The Fly

Local Time: 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dalton

I think that really was Peyton posting here. The blue crack is very attractive to celebrities - the Edge posted here, Tom Brady and Peyton Manning post here, I post here ....

The list goes on and on really.
what, no love?

it's always about peyton

Old 09-02-2007, 01:09 PM   #183
is dead

Local Time: 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
Hi John, I see here: baseball-reference.com/pi/gl.cgi?n1=lackejo01&t=p

that you have pitched twice against Boston this season, on April 13 you lost 10-1, and on August 17, you lost 8-4...
Bwahahaha... Who cares? We'll end up with the best record in baseball and home field advantage in the playoffs. The Red Sox are done.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:53 PM   #184
Blue Crack Distributor

philadelphia may have acomplished the opposite of what they wanted to do with that sweep... wake up the mets.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:39 PM   #185
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Bonogirl777
Hey what does your avi say MrsSpringsteen. I'm a die-hard Red Sox fan. It looks funny.
Looks like Terry Francona's head glued onto Elmer Fudd's body, saying "shh...I'm hunting the fashion police." Surely this is a reference to the game last week where some MLB underling came into the Red Sox dugout to inspect Tito's uniform while the game was live.

Quote:

And about Clay Bucholz (sp?), AMAZING no-hitter. I'm sure he's really proud of himself. And did those of you watching it on tv, hear Beckett yelling, "Better than Curt Schilling did, better than Curt Schilling did!!!"
I believe his last name is spelled Buchhhhhholz, but I'm not sure.
Old 09-02-2007, 06:05 PM   #186
Blue Crack Distributor

i have a question for our sawk fans...

would you rather have

a) mike lowell and josh beckett

or

b) hanley ramirez (and his future) and the huge salary number that beckett and lowell make, which of course could be spent on another pitcher, although that pitcher might not be as good as beckett...

Old 09-02-2007, 07:52 PM   #187
Blue Crack Addict

Location: At Tim Horton's with Kristen and Val talking about Tan Adam and fashion disasters.
I would say A just to play it safe.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:06 PM   #188
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

would you rather have

or

b) hanley ramirez (and his future) and the huge salary number that beckett and lowell make, which of course could be spent on another pitcher, although that pitcher might not be as good as beckett...

Given that it woulda cost $13MM to get AJ Burnett in 2006, $10MM to get Gil Meche and $16MM to get Andy Pettitte in 2007, I'm gonna have to go with A.

But having Hanley Ramirez this year woulda been nice, if for no other reason than that Manny certainly would have gotten confused and gone up to the batter's box during one of Hanley's at-bats at least once during the season.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:11 PM   #189
Blue Crack Distributor

ramirez and pettite or beckett and lowell?

probably cost about the same this year.. maybe less, i don't think ramirez is making peanuts (for now)
Old 09-02-2007, 09:20 PM   #190
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

http://sonsofsamhorn.net/wiki/index....ontract_Status

Beckett is actually very cheap this year, only about $6MM, going up to 9.5, 10 and 12 in the next 3 years. Lowell is $9MM but done after this year. So for just this year, Beckett and Lowell together are cheaper than Ape Tit.

Hanley is making near the league minimum this year, but presumably the Red Sox would offer him a reasonable deal or arbitration after 2 years if he keeps his pace up.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:55 PM   #191
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
philadelphia may have acomplished the opposite of what they wanted to do with that sweep... wake up the mets.
It doesn't help that they lost 2 of 3 to Florida.

The Jersey shore was absolutely buzzing with the Phils Friday after the sweep. I drove down Thursday night listening to the Phightin's and nearly drove off the road when Iguchi tied it. Then, Durbin ... then, some questionable umpiring mixed with Adam Eaton and the team's desire to let him finish six so he could possibly get a win. Ow.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:07 PM   #192
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

would you rather have

or

I would also say A due to the bargain Beckett's extension has become. The Sox got it done in the middle of last year, despite his struggles adjusting to the American League. Then the offseason comes and salaries go through the roof. Now it looks like a steal.

And Lowell ended up being a decent add-on, so in retrospect, A is the better choice.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:40 AM   #193
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:04 PM
I would probably also choose A, because Josh Beckett appears to be a legit ace and they will be increasingly hard to come by. The thing about still having Hanley is, not only did you not take on the contract of Lowell & Beckett, but you also save yourself paying Julio Lugo. In that scenario I guess Youkilis is playing 3B and they've acquired some other 1B (Helton perhaps?).

Re: spelling BucHHolz...2 H's in his name, none in his game

Pedro goes today, hope he does well...the Reds aren't very good but they can hit so it will be a test.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:47 AM   #194
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by John Lackey

Bwahahaha... Who cares? We'll end up with the best record in baseball and home field advantage in the playoffs. The Red Sox are done.
I see your team got beat by the last place Rangers in the game you started last night John. Wow you really are taking the pipe when it counts. Must suck incredibly hard to be you right about now.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:46 AM   #195
Blue Crack Distributor

it's an interesting debate... i don't know if the sox could have found someone to fill beckett's role this season, although the rest of their pitching has been pretty good as well.

hanley ramirez is a beast... of the three headed shortstop battle royale in the NL East, even as someone who loooooves Jose Reyes, I have to give the nod to ramirez... his numbers are ridiculous (although his fielding needs a tad bit of work).

ramirez (23 years old): .333, 24 HRs, 67 RBIs, 106 runs, 43 steals, .388 obp, 21 errors
rollins (28 years old): .299, 24 HRs, 79 RBIs, 119 runs, 28 steals, .350 obp, 9 errors
reyes (24 years old): .295, 10 HRs, 49 RBIs, 102 rubs, 74 steals, .369 obp, 8 errors