The Super Terrific MLB Thread - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
the bases loaded walk... the bane of my existance :tsk:

I'll never forget 1999. Wanting a Subway Series badly, so I'm rooting for the Mets, for the first time in my life. You know where this is going. Kenny fucking Rogers, who had already been a pathetic playoff performer for the Yanks, does his magic for the Mets. Ugh.

Looking at the AL East standings, it's hard not to get at least a little giddy about it. :hyper: :shh:

Great outing tonight by Dice-K too against a good team.

randhail said:
Looking at the AL East standings, it's hard not to get at least a little giddy about it. :hyper: :shh

Great outing tonight by Dice-K too against a good team.

Depends on your perspective. The AL East standings make me sad. :( See?

:)

No spoken words said:

I'll never forget 1999. Wanting a Subway Series badly, so I'm rooting for the Mets, for the first time in my life. You know where this is going. Kenny fucking Rogers, who had already been a pathetic playoff performer for the Yanks, does his magic for the Mets. Ugh.

what an emotional roller coaster... the mets are dead, down 3-1 to atlanta, they win a game, then they win another one on the infamous grandslam single, then they fall behind by like 7 runs early, in atlanta where they always lose... they fight all the way back, lead by piazza, who'd been terrible in the post-season to that point, only to have kenny rogers walk in the winning run with the bases loaded in extra innings.

let's not speak of this ever again...

I thought this was hilarious :lmao:

Griffey's gesture wins Dodger fan's support

ESPN.com news services

There are Ken Griffey Jr. fans and there are Ken Griffey Jr. supporters. The two worlds met at Dodger Stadium, when the Cincinnati Reds outfielder won over a heckler with a one-of-a-kind souvenier.

A new size-XXL athletic supporter.

The fan, seated behind the Reds dugout, was riding Griffey all game long on Friday before Griffey turned the tables.

"We were getting eye contact from all the players when I decided I would give the Dodgers an extra edge," the fan wrote on his MySpace page. "I was going to try and get in Ken Griffey Jr.'s head a little bit. He had to walk right by us to get to the dugout and I just couldn't help myself."

"So I started with the basics: 'you suck ... shouldn't you be on the D.L. ... too old for center ... that kind of stuff."

Griffey told the Enquirer he was happy to play along.

"He was just on me every time I came in," Griffey told the newspaper. "Him being a little larger than normal, I just asked, 'Shouldn't you be wearing a support bra?' "

In the sixth inning, Griffey sent someone back to the Reds clubhouse to fetch the largest athletic supporter he could find. The accomplice wrote the number "3" and "JR" on the waistband, and Griffey put the supporter in a brown paper bag, rolled it up and tossed it to the fan when he ran back onto the field, the Enquirer reported.

The fan opened the bag, pulled out the athletic supporter and began twirling it on his finger, with stadium cameras broadcasting the man's reaction for posterity.

"He was like, 'Whoa!'" Griffey told the Enquirer. "I turned around before all that stuff happened, but I could hear that section just laughing. Then I turned around and just saw him twirling it in the air like a helicopter."

The fan was won over.

"When Griffey came back in, I told him I was sorry about what said about his mom and that I wanted to make up," the fan wrote on his MySpace page. "He shot me a grin. When he came out in the 8th [inning] he shot me another smile and I told him he still has the greatest swing in baseball. I hope he heard me, I think he did. I love Griffey."

Headache -

remember the guy at the Phillies game who was ragging on Jr.?

We should have encouraged him a little more knowing that there could have been a free jock strap as part of the deal!

The Phillies are exposing the Brewers for what they are...overachievers. Yeah, we have to get over .500 now. 7 more consecutive wins would be nice...

Nate Dogg said:
The Phillies are exposing the Brewers for what they are...overachievers

i wouldn't go quite that far... the phils needed a late inning rally to win the first game, won the second game on a walk off homer in the bottom of the 9th and got an outstanding pitching performance in the third game... hardly a romping.

are the brewers getting fat off of a weak NL Central? is the fact that they're 1-5 this past week against the NL East tell ya that they're not quite there yet? yea... but i wouldn't go as far to call them overachievers... they have a solid young core and a fairly decent rotation. the bullpen's been overachieving, i'll give you that... but i think milwaukee's probably right where they should be.

if milwaukee's a bunch of overacheivers... what does that make the phillies?

Maybe the Mets' game against the Cubs doesn't actually count in the standings. I dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom