The Super Terrific MLB Thread - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hewson said:
If it makes you feel better the Mariners are getting pounded into submission at the Homerdome.

Aw crap, I forgot it's a day game today. I don't like it when I don't get to watch the game on TV. :(

phanan said:

We need pubcrawler to reappear to get you going.
Surprised he hasn't been around with the Los Angeles Angels of western Bermuda playing well, and equalling their 2006 run output in one game last night.

Hewson said:
Hey now. I haven't said a bad thing yet about the Yanks/Angels situation.

And thats very unusual for me.

If it makes you feel better the Mariners are getting pounded into submission at the Homerdome.

I was just all fired up earlier. I'm better now, especially after punching my phone in the face here at work.

And, yes, the Mariners getting pounded pleases me.

Holy Moly, anybody catching that Rangers/Orioles game?

It's 24-3 right now. Football score. 24 runs, 25 hits for the Rangers. A 9-run inning. A 10-run inning. And right now they've got the bases loaded with no outs in the top of the 9th.

Make it 26-3 -- two runs just got knocked in.

I'm glad they're getting all of their hitting out of the way before the Mariners get there for a 4-game series.

30-3!!!

I think that's the most runs by one team in a game since the 1800s.

From: http://en.allexperts.com/q/Baseball-Trivia-General-2552/Runs-Game.htm

The Chicago Colts set the record for most runs in a game on June 29, 1897 when they scored 36 against the Louisville Colonels.

Since 1900, two teams hold the record. The Boston Red Sox scored 29 against the St. Louis Browns on June 8, 1950. [The Browns scored 4 runs.] The Chicago White Sox tied the record five years later when they defeated the Kansas City Athletics 29-6 on April 23, 1955.

Last edited:
Someone should tell the Rangers if they want to have a better record some year, they should spread out those runs. Scoring all the runs in one game helps you not.

The funniest part? It was the first game of a double header! Did the O's have any dang pitchers left?

Ok, it might be time for me to unplug from baseball for a while.

I've been so pissed off at the Tigers lately (especially their pitchers inability to throw strikes) that I actually had a dream the other night that I was hunting down and killing Tigers (the animals) in the city of London. Seriously - WTF!?!

Texas scored nine runs in the second game (leading by two in the bottom of the ninth, I assume they won't score anymore) -- for 39 runs in one day. Amazing.

As far as the 30 runs go, I wonder what other baseball records have lasted more than 100 years? Such a rare, rare thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom