The Super Terrific MLB Thread - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang, Mike Hargrove, the M's manager is resigning after today's game. He didn't give a very specific reason - "just an accumulation of things over 35 years." :huh:

Usually managers take off when the team is having a sucky year, not when the team is 11 games over .500, and on a 7 game losing streak.

I hope this doesn't bode poorly for my M's.

Don't I know it. They're probably beyond assistance, sadly.

The Yanks won 8 of the first 10 post-season games of theirs I ever attended, from 1995-2000, including being at Game 6 in 1996 and Game 4 in San Diego in 1998, plus 2 Subway Series games. Since then, they have gone 1-7 with me in attendance for post-season games, including the fun of seeing them lose all 4 games in Arizona for the 2001 World Series.

the yankees really should cash in the season, dump salary, get younger and start building for next year... that would he the common sense thing to do... but, alas, does anyone actually expect them to do that? or is a philip hughes and more for mark texiera and eric gagne package a mere formalilty at this point...

Cashman states, repeatedly, that he's not dealing Hughes, as well as 2 other pitching prospects that have not been part of the parade of rookies that have already been called up to the big club. Headache, I am totally in agreement....every 13 years, it's ok to not go to the fucking playoffs....let's call it a season, see if we can do another deal like the Sheff or Randy Johnson trade, and turn our attention to the future. I say "our" like I fuckng work or play for them, lord help me.

The Yanks season might be close to lost, but they shouldn't trade Hughes. They also shouldn't trade for Gagne. The major problem with the Yanks is that so many guys are playing shitty or are playing with an injury or both. When the Yanks were on their hot streak a few weeks ago, their top guys were finally all playing well. Now they've gone back to playing poorly.

Reds Mgr. Jerry Narron gets the ax in Cincy.
Mike Hargrove steps down as skipper in Seattle even though his team has won 8 straight. Something's gotta be wrong there. Mike was a good manager. I hope he's ok.

I know! He says he's lost his passion. Well buck up, sailor! This is your job! Why couldn't he just hold out for another 4 months and then resign?

I wonder if there's an illness or personal issue, and he only kept it vague to keep his family's privacy or to keep the focus on the team.

corianderstem said:
I know! He says he's lost his passion. Well buck up, sailor! This is your job! Why couldn't he just hold out for another 4 months and then resign?

I wonder if there's an illness or personal issue, and he only kept it vague to keep his family's privacy or to keep the focus on the team.
I tend to think its more than just he's not that motivated. There must be something else at play here.

I've heard rumors that Hargrove and Ichiro don't really get along. So Hargrove was nudged out to give them a better chance of re-signing the Ich.

Re: Today is probably Mark Buehrle's last game as a Sock. waa!

WildHoneyAlways said:

:angry: Go to more Sock games.

I've been to two, they're 1-1. I can't root for them when attending, however, so I root against them. Do you really want that?? :)

Hewson said:
I bet Mike Schmidt cries.

Here is the article HERE...sounds like Schmidt is exempt from the pain.

Only five away. We should have a countdown! Will they be able to pull it off before the all star break?

Dusty Bottoms said:
I've heard rumors that Hargrove and Ichiro don't really get along. So Hargrove was nudged out to give them a better chance of re-signing the Ich.

Ooh, interesting. If it means Ichiro stays, I'm all for Hargrove jumping ship. See ya, Mikey!

zoney! said:

Here is the article HERE...sounds like Schmidt is exempt from the pain.

Only five away. We should have a countdown! Will they be able to pull it off before the all star break?

Easily if someone breaks Chase Utley's leg.

Please don't though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom