The Super Terrific MLB Thread - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
boom tish

you could be in the NL East, where you can go 2 1/2 weeks without hitting and still be in first place.

my sliding scale of worry... if this slide continues, i shall start to get worried by, oh, sunday. the panic won't set in until they fall, eh, 5 games or more out of playoff contention.

i do have to say... carlos beltran? great player and all... but man, what a pussy. the guy gets a hang nail and he shuts it down for a 3 weeks.

Man, glad the Yanks took 2 out of 3. Was a little surprised by how poorly the Carlos' are playing. Just not clutch right now. El Duque had nothing last night, wow.

Is there an ETA on Pedro? Are Mets fans counting on him to return, or, will it be a sort of pleasant surprise?

I continue to be impressed with Reyes.

august at the earliest. and it would be a pleasant boost.

the problem has not been the starting pitching. the problem has been the inability to score runs... to hit with runners in scoring position. one would think scoring runs would not be an issue with the mets lineup, but it has. combine that with an a killer stretch in the schedule and you have a prolonged slump.

they get out of june within 5 games of 1st place and they'll be fine. they get out of june and they're still in 1st place, it's over.

this dreadful schedule is almost over... they've got 3 with minnesota, including johan, followed by 3 with oakland... thankfully they'll miss haren. then it's 4 at home with st. louis and 3 with philly

Last edited:
If the Braves could just have managed to play .500 ball, or a little better, the past few weeks, they'd have a nice little lead on the Mets.

Braves problem has been lack of hitting as well. Having Smoltz and Hudson a little banged up hasn't helped at all.

So hard to believe that Andruw Jones has struggled so much this year. Hitting 208 with about 3000 K's is just horrible. It's a contract year for him as well, so he's costing himself some $.

Phillies aren't out of it now either with both Mets/Braves playing piss poor.

Goodness gracious me, the Mariners sure are sucking lately. Here's hoping they actually get some more days off and not have to fill them with those stupid make-up games.

Why not have Youkilis lead off?

Headache, I hear you. Like I said, I was stunned by how poorly the Carlos' were doing. Gotta think that the Met bats will wake up sooner than later.

The Mariners are simply waking up and realizing that they're the 2007 Mariners, not the 2001 Mariners.

I wouldn't mind Youk leading off, the guy gets on base plenty, but he doesn't have the speed you'd want in a leadoff guy...or maybe he just doesn't make enough money to lead off.

So yours truly was invited yesterday to play softball on the field at Fenway Park Thursday morning at 10AM.

And Hewson Junior has an appointment with an oral surgeon, yep, Thursday 9:30AM.

Stupid 3 year old banging his teeth on things.

Yep first time I take the little rugrat to Fenway when he's older, I'm gonna say..."And Daddy could have played out there except you f'ed it up for him".

:mad:

No spoken words said:

Headache, I hear you. Like I said, I was stunned by how poorly the Carlos' were doing. Gotta think that the Met bats will wake up sooner than later.

they appear to have woken up last night... but of course, tonight they have to face johan santana, who is quite capable of putting them right back to sleep.

I'm not surprised at all that the Phillies haven't taken advantage of the Mets falterings. They don't play well till late in the season when:

- They suddenly realize that they're almost out of contention and there's not a lot of time left.
- Jon Lieber gets into shape after four and a half months and starts winning.
- Jimmy Rollins remembers around this time last year remembering that it's a good idea to hit for base hits rather homers.

And specific to this year: Brett Myers returns from injury.

Then they'll lose by a game or two and call the season an overachievement, and go sign another Wes Helms.

Ladies and gentlemen, your Pat Gillick/Charlie Manuel era Philadelphia Phillies!

Hewson said:
So yours truly was invited yesterday to play softball on the field at Fenway Park Thursday morning at 10AM.

And Hewson Junior has an appointment with an oral surgeon, yep, Thursday 9:30AM.

Yep first time I take the little rugrat to Fenway when he's older, I'm gonna say..."And Daddy could have played out there except you f'ed it up for him".

That sucks. My buddy is playing at Yankee Stadium on Friday, cannot recall ever being really jealous over something, but, of that I am.

Hewson said:

Oral surgeon? What the hell have you been feeding that kid?

No spoken words said:

Youk did lead off for a good chunk of 2006 when Coco Crisp was injured.

But the way Lugo's been playing, anybody would be better than him leading off (.269 OBP).

So, I just spoke with a few other cubs fans and I couldn't help but laugh, they were upset because the hendry traded Barrett.

Am I the only one who has watched this guy play over the last few years? He is one of the WORST defensive catchers I have ever seen. He looks like he's trying to catch with a coffee can.

Now, I think Hendry screwed up by not getting value for a good hitting catcher, but come on, I don't think any cubs fan should be sad that he isn't behind the plate anymore...

barrett is a douchebag extraordinaire, theyre better off without him

getting into fights with 2 of your pitchers within a week isnt really the kind of emotion that helps out

i also find it funny that sammy hit his 600th homerun off the cubs, and off against a crappy ass pitcher who took his number.

the only thing that would have made it better if it was at wrigley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom