The Super Terrific MLB Thread - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
i put the ny post in the toilet before doing my business yesterday.

anything a-rod does in public? by all means... rip it to shreads for all i care. have a photographer follow him around and snap a picture of him walking with an unknown woman and declare that he's having an afair without any proof whatsoever? i don't care who it is... that's just wrong, and if this sort of stalkarazzi action continues all it's going to do is hurt all new york sport teams... why would a big name free agent want to come here if he can't do anything without fear of having some stupid ass photographer taking his picture and jumping to conclusions?

Maybe A-Rod has a deal with his wife the way Andrei Kirilenko does.

What kind of deal does AK-47 have with Cynthia Rodriguez?

Of course now the inside track in the Boston herald is piling on:

http://thetrack.bostonherald.com/moreTrack/view.bg?articleid=1004214

Hint to A-Rod: There’s no place like home
By Gayle Fee and Laura Raposa
Friday, June 1, 2007 - Updated: 04:59 AM EST

Alex Rodriguez’s wife Cynthia beat feet to Boston yesterday to confront the Yankees’ straying slugger - or maybe just to keep an eye on him - but the celebrity couple’s seemingly happy marriage was clearly rocked by revelations about A-Rod’s night out with a busty blonde.

The couple dined with a pair of pals at No. 9 Park yesterday afternoon, but A-Rod botched the play when he tried to make a show of marital harmony for the Boston media as the pair exited the restaurant.

The chastened hubby grabbed his wife’s hand but the scorned Cynthia, with a strained smile, snatched her manicured mitt away from her in-the-doghouse hubby, making for an embarrassing bobble. A-Rod eventually made the save and the couple walked hand-in-hand down Park Street toward the Ritz-Carlton Boston Common.

They took no questions from the media, with A-Rod repeating “Thank you, thank you” to the barrage of queries about his now-infamous Yankee Panky.

The meal, which at times appeared to be rather testy, was the first the celebrity couple shared since the Bronx Bombers’ third baseman was bagged with a buxom blonde in a Toronto hotel the other night.

A-Rod, 31, whose married mug was splashed all over the New York Post’s front page under the headline “Stray Rod,” jetted into the Hub from Toronto at 2:30 a.m. yesterday with the rest of the team.

Whilst her hubby was fielding questions about his alleged infidelity, Mrs. A-Rod, 34, was spied storming out of the couple’s posh Park Avenue pad with two suitcases and jumping into a waiting car that was bound for Boston.

Cynthia, who married the baseball biggie in 2002, wasn’t accompanied by the couple’s 2-year-old daughter, Natasha.

Meeting the Rodriguezes in the Hub were their personal trainer, celebrity bod god Dodd Romero, and the baseball biggie’s best bud, Jose Gomez, who flew in from Miami and who was at the restaurant with the pair yesterday. Dodd, we’re told, was scheduled to work out with Cynthia at the Sports Club/LA yesterday morning, and later with A-Rod.

The Yankees take on the Red Sox tonight in the first of a three-game weekend series at Fenway Park [map]. Think there will be a lot of hootin’ and hollerin’ about Stray-Rod????

“I certainly don’t think it’s a distraction to this team,” the Yankees slugger said in Toronto the other night.

As you are so aware by now, A-Rod has become a tabloid sensation this week with his off-the-field antics up in the Great White North. He was spied squiring a bodacious blonde to a steak dinner and then to a strip club. The baseball big was snapped after midnight hustling the woman into the elevator at the fab Four Seasons, where he had booked a room.

The photo unleashed a storm of tabloid tales about A-Rod’s alleged penchant for peel palaces and pole dancers in major cities across the country. According to reports, the Yankees’ $252 million man has buxom blondes in every port of call and prefers, ahem, “she-male, muscular types.”

A stripper at the Hustler Club told New York’s Daily News that A-Rod has brought Cynthia to his fave Big Apple strip joints. He also “shoots X-rated text messages” to pole princesses all over the country, the exotic dancer tattled.

“He loves to text dirty,” said one gal. “His wife should check his text messages.”

Perhaps she’s already done that. Because the pair’s neighbors report that the once lovey-dovey couple appear to be on the rocks.

“Maybe two weeks ago, I think, they started fighting,” a neighbor told the Post. “It was strange. I never saw them fight before or even yell just a little. But one day, they just started. It was right outside of their building on the street.

“And they just yelled, and he stormed off in his car real fast, and she just stood there looking pretty sad,” the neighbor tattled.

Cynthia Rodriguez, who has family in Lowell, was a psychologist when she married the then-Texas Rangers heavy hitter in Dallas almost five years ago.

His current contract is the richest in baseball. And should provide a rather comfy severance package for Cyn, should she be so inclined.

File Under: Yankee Doodle Randy.

Lou! Lou! Lou! = Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!

I like the fact that the "similar" video it gives you the option to watch is a fight from Jerry Springer!

:censored: Zambrano and his 8.943948329 era! Since the beginning of the year all he's done is bitch about not getting enough money to be re-signed. Guess what buddy, you gotta earn it.

On a lighter note, nothing like giving up 5 runs to blow a save. Well done Todd Jones.

After further review: Pull it off is an odd choice of words

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i'd like to have a fatigued groin.

I bet you could pull it off yourself in one night with some good internet sites!

they are playing the sock

No spoken words said:
Uh-oh, the newest Phillies fan is out and about.

Meh.

I looked at the schedule and only saw some attractive inter-league games.

weekday games :yawn:

Somehow I missed that Lou Piniella was managing the Cubs. Ah, Sweet Lou. How I miss you.

Why did you ever leave Seattle? We were so sad ... :(

"ESPN.com news services
Updated: June 3, 2007, 11:29 AM ET

The percentage of African-Americans playing Major League Baseball is at an all-time low and Gary Sheffield says he has a theory why that's the case.

Sheffield
In an interview with GQ magazine that's currently on newsstands, the typically outspoken Tigers designated hitter said Latin players have replaced African-Americans as baseball's most prevalent minority because they are easier to control.

"I called it years ago. What I called is that you're going to see more black faces, but there ain't no English going to be coming out. … [It's about] being able to tell [Latin players] what to do -- being able to control them," he told the magazine.

"Where I'm from, you can't control us. You might get a guy to do it that way for a while because he wants to benefit, but in the end, he is going to go back to being who he is. And that's a person that you're going to talk to with respect, you're going to talk to like a man.

"These are the things my race demands. So, if you're equally good as this Latin player, guess who's going to get sent home? I know a lot of players that are home now can outplay a lot of these guys."

According to a 2005 report by the University of Central Florida Institute for Diversity and Ethics in Sport, only 8.5 percent of major leaguers were African American -- the lowest percentage since the report was initiated in the mid-1980s. By contrast, whites comprised 59.5 percent of the majors' player pool, Latinos 28.7 percent and Asians 2.5."

Sheff called it years ago. However, U2kitten called this years before that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom