The Super Terrific MLB Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Headache, I could not see it cos DirecTV blacked out all early games. Not sure why, since the FOX games do not start until 4pmET. I was just sporadically following along online. He had shades on???

No spoken words said:
Headache, I could not see it cos DirecTV blacked out all early games. Not sure why, since the FOX games do not start until 4pmET. I was just sporadically following along online. He had shades on???

r943793781.jpg

Well, he's been instrumental in both their wins, so, I wish they'd cut him some slack, but, you're probably right. He annoys me to no end and I would like him to opt out and leave next season, but, shit, I hope they give him a break for a while.

I wish they had stats for how teams bat against bullpens, in total, because since 1996 the Yanks have specialized in kicking the crap out of other team's pens. Then again, I'm sure most teams do, since so many bullpens are thin.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
friend "why do you have the yankees on? put the mets back on"

me "i just wanna watch a-rod strike out with the bases loaded"

next pitch

me "crap"

Yea , no offense but you are kinda a walking jinx. You toot our mets horn and the shit the bed big time today, and now this. Oh well, your a mets fan, so you ain't all bad!

Lets come back tomorrow, no reason to give the braves any confidence.

With how much I here mets fan rag on Green, I think anyone would have dropped that ball, The Sun/Wind was messing with everyone today and hes been more than adequate at the plate.

Geez, the Mariners-Indians double header was - guess what - snowed out again today. And one of the games was a make-up from the Friday game that got snowed out! They're going to try yet another double header tomorrow.

This doesn't happen very often, does it? I've only really been paying attention to baseball for a few years now, and I don't recall ever hearing about baseball being snowed out before. Especially two days in a row.

corianderstem said:
Geez, the Mariners-Indians double header was - guess what - snowed out again today. And one of the games was a make-up from the Friday game that got snowed out! They're going to try yet another double header tomorrow.

This doesn't happen very often, does it? I've only really been paying attention to baseball for a few years now, and I don't recall ever hearing about baseball being snowed out before. Especially two days in a row.
I think it happened in COlorado recently (as in 1-3 years ago) but yea, your right, this is a rarity to have this many games ppd due to snow.

TheBrush said:

Yea , no offense but you are kinda a walking jinx. You toot our mets horn and the shit the bed big time today, and now this. Oh well, your a mets fan, so you ain't all bad!

Lets come back tomorrow, no reason to give the braves any confidence.

With how much I here mets fan rag on Green, I think anyone would have dropped that ball, The Sun/Wind was messing with everyone today and hes been more than adequate at the plate.

i wasn't really tooting the horn just yet... i had plenty of jokes about the phillies being the team to beat... and beat and beat and beat... that i kept to myself.

baring injury, 100 wins and a run away NL East title. not cockyness, just confidence. the other teams simply aren't that good.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

i wasn't really tooting the horn just yet... i had plenty of jokes about the phillies being the team to beat... and beat and beat and beat... that i kept to myself.

baring injury, 100 wins and a run away NL East title. not cockyness, just confidence. the other teams simply aren't that good.

I agree. Especially if Pedro comes back they way he could and should.

I like the Rollins comment on SNY the other day by the announcers that said that. Sometimes I guess its better for them to keep their yaps closed cause even the best teams can get off to slow starts like that.

the thing that gets me about the whole "the phillies will be great this year" thing is that people have been saying it for a few years now, and it never happens.

they sucked for the majority of last year, despite howard's bombs, and then got hot for a month to make it interesting for the wild card in the terrible NL.

there main issues going into the offseason were bullpen and someone to protect howard. they did neither.

:shrug: maybe they will finally turn the corner this year and be that good team that people havae been saying the're gonna be for the past 3-4 years. i'll wait till they prove it on the field first.

the NL east is gonna be awful again this year... florida and washington are not good. teams are gonna go on runs, just like last year, because they're going to get to play washington 6 out of 12 games. go 5-1 vs. the awful nationals, go 3-3 against whoever else you're playing and bing... 8-4 record over two weeks... they're on a hot streak!

Last edited:
I think I'm still high off of A-rod's walk off grand slam into the black at The Stadium. It's only April, but that was sweet!
But, the Yanks pitching did suck yesterday and Matsui got hurt, so it wasn't all good.

it would be scary if yesterday set a-rod off... loosened him up, got him to be the old a-rod again, much in the way beltran got off early last year and erased the boos and the struggles. but then again, he hit a walk off job against the braves at the stadium last year, and they were booing him again within a week. time will tell.

is there a better backup catcher in the league than ramon castro? he's a beast.

Speaking as a Yankee fan that has not only booed him, but refused to watch one of his at-bats in person, literally turned my back on him...during the playoffs....nothing would delight me more than to have him have a true monster year. I mean, it's not like his stats have sucked as a Yankee, they've been great and he won and MVP award and everything. But, to see him hit better in the clutch is great...I just hope fans do not expect him, or anyone else, including Jeter, to come through in the clutch every time. Hopefully he'll have a strong year at 3B as wel. As you say Headache, we shall see.

Is it wrong that I'm looking forward to Dice-K's next start?

i just took a look at the mets schedule for june... who the hell makes this shit? this interleague bullshit needs to go... how is it fair that the marlins play 9 games against tampa bay and kansas city while the mets play the yankees, the tigers, the twins and the a's?

in june, the mets play arizona, philly, at detroit, at the dodgers, at the yankees, minnesota, oakland, st. louis, at philly.

that schedule is brutal

That is pretty brutal, agreed. Interleague, to me, has run its course. But, attendance and ratings, overall, go up for interleague, and so MLB likes it. Some manager last season, I forget who, was pissed about the discrepancy between who his team played and who the other teams in his division played, similar to the Mets/Marlins issue...wish I could recall who it was.

And for the first time in Yankee history, none of the first 5 starting pitchers of the season get into the 6th inning, as Torre yanks Rasner in the 5th. We need Wang back, soon.

Dear Yankee bullpen,

Sorry in advance.

-Joe Torre

This just in.....baseball postponed in Cleveland until June 1st.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom