The Super Terrific MLB Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jay's got a handful of ass in that photo.

Btw, everyone, it's April, so settle down and let some time go by before anyone's great or anyone sucks. No one wins a championship in April.

Hewson said:
Perhaps the Boss shouldn't have invested $16 mil a year in Andy Pettitte and made a more aggressive run at Matsuzaka.

Today to fill up space in the scoreboard page in the Herald the has a column with the 75 top 2007 salaries...
1. Arod $27,708,525
2. Steroid Giambi $23,428,571
3. Boot 2 Jeets $21,600,000
4. Money Ramirez $17,016,381
5. Fraud Helton $16,600,000
6t. Bartolo Colonoscopy: $16,000,000
6t. Andy Pettitte: $16,000,000

Now I think Pettitte was a very good pitcher in his hey day, but the 6th highest salary this year in MLB??

If only Seinfeld were still on so Frank Costanza could confront Steinbrenner about this.

(Of course Pettitte is probably not the worst of the group, Richie Sexson the #12 overall salary at $15,500,000??? sweet jeebus)

Where's Carl Pavano on that list? :wink:

No spoken words said:

Bartolo Colonoscopy was actually coined by U2Kitten and her brother before Bartolo Colon was even born, because they are direct descendants of both Chris Berman and Nostradamus, that pair.
Hey now....Miss retrataroof can take credit for some things, but that is a Hewson trademarked Bermanism right there...where is Jackie Chiles' phone number??

jackie.jpg

MrPryck2U said:

Btw, everyone, it's April, so settle down and let some time go by before anyone's great or anyone sucks. No one wins a championship in April.
You had a very different tone on Monday with your multiple rah rah Yanks for beating the D-Rays and ARod gets curtain calls for a HR with a 2 run lead posts. :wink:

Dice K had a great outing and Pettite was lousy. Of course I was happy that Arod hit one out on Opening Day. What heartless soul wouldn't be excited with an Opening Day victory? But, April in the Northeast can be brutal, which could best describe the Yankees' defense last night. Geez that was ugly. I don't like when the Yanks play the D-rays because they always seem to be extra pumped up to play the Yanks. The D-rays bullpen is awful though and the Yanks probably should've won, but they sucked last night.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
good to see jay buhner back on the field for the M's...

buhnerbutts.jpg

Jay Buhner, team proctologist.

It was nice to see the M's off to a 2-0 start, but by the third game, the A's said "Yeah, that's enough of that."

But hey, I'll take 2-1 for the opening series. Richie Sexton had homers in the first two games. :love:

Okay, I did actually know it's Sexson. I hope Richie doesn't come and stomp on me with his big giant Paul Bunyon feet for my error. :(

I'm also rooting for the Brewers, because growing up we always drove down to Milwaukee for a Brewers game. Until the strike in the early-mid 80s, which is when my mom got so disgusted with baseball we stopped going for many years.

But anyway, I consider myself to have two home teams. Go Mariners, and go Brewers!

I think a lot of people would like to see the Brewers have a good year. They have been a potential cinderella team for a year or two, so, hopefully they'll put it together and do well this season.

Sexson is a gentle giant, methinks you are safe.

You do know what the term means, right? Because if you do, then you'd know that when a team is perenially picked to finish in last, and do, like the Brewers have for many years since the 80's, they're not a cinderella team, they're just a shitty team. The Tigers, last season, were a cinderella team. Now we'll find out if the Tigers are legitimate, perennial contenders, or if the clock will strike midnight.

Sure I know what it means. Folks have been picking the Brew Crew to come out of their funk and make a run at the division for years. I'm all for them having a good season.

PS, of course I was being slightly sarcastic.

How could you not take a dig at the Brewers? They've sucked for years. I think 1982 better give them a call.

MrPryck2U said:
I think 1982 better give them a call.

:lol:

Ah, the Brewers of yore.

Robin Yount!
Rollie Fingers and his moustache of evil!
Paul Molitor!

My 9 year old self had a crush on Paul Molitor.

I'm glad that Miller Park still has the sausage races and Bernie Brewer sliding down into the keg of beer when there's a home run.

Oh, and "Roll Out the Barrel" playing during the 7th Inning Stretch. That's so awesome.

Giambi is the second highest player in the game at 23 million??

Jebus, if that is not an endorsement for taking steroids, I don't know what is.

Ha! Seattle is enjoying its first burst of warm and beautiful weather, and the Mariners are in Cleveland, getting snowed out by a blizzard.

I love it.

I also love that Hargrove stalled for time on the field with the umpire, trying to avoid having the game called (with one out to go before it being a complete game), and as he bought time, the field became white, and the game was called.

Cleveland winning 4-0, the pitcher having a no-hitter but loading the bases as the snow began and his pitching got wild. So the M's avoid a loss ... for now.

Got Philk? said:
Paul Molitor was the best first pitch hitter EVER! When I played, I tried to play like him.

I used to live in Wisconsin. We'd go see all those 1980's Brewer players play every year. Ahh the memories.

with your new avatar i thought you were shrmn8tor coming out of the woodworks for his yearly "this is the rockies year" speach

Igawa got smacked around today. It's early, and I know better than to worry, but, not a great start for the Yanks from a pitching, defense and clutch hitting standpoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom