The Super Terrific MLB Thread - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-29-2007, 03:08 PM   #46
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26
I've been to several of the new line of stadiums: Citizens Bank, PNC, Jacobs, and Camden Yards, each of which was unique and had better sightlines. I've also been to Yankee Stadium, Shea, RFK, and the Vet, only one of which had good sightlines (Yankee) and all of which looked and felt remarkably similar. I'd say the new line of stadiums, from personal experience, are a very significant upgrade.

I think the only similarity between them honestly is that they are spacious and build for sightlines.
Miller Park in Milwaukee is also really nice. I love the retractable roof, I'm glad U2Kitten invented them.

Old 03-29-2007, 03:45 PM   #47
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 04:01 PM

I'm going to miss Shea when it's no longer around. Shea is like the unfinished stadium that just never got any love. The Mets did win 2 world championship there, so there's a little bit of history in the building. But, with CitField, the Mets are finally getting the Stadium they are worthy of.

Old 03-29-2007, 05:27 PM   #48
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 01:01 PM
Miller Park is nice, certainly a vast improvement over the old County Stadium (it's been many years - that was the name, right?) but nothing can beat the tailgate parties in the parking lot at a Brewers game!

Old 03-29-2007, 07:24 PM   #49
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrPryck2U
You should be his publicist. Seriously though, when you're the manager of a MLB franchise, it is a big deal. As the manager of a ballclub (and a respected one like the St. Louis Cardinals) you're held to a higher standard and Tony should've known better. Was he loaded? Probably not with "only" a .093, but he had enough to get himself arrested. Condoning LaRussa's actions by the way, is just plain wrong. Saying shit like "you never had a glass of wine and drove home?" doesn't cut it with me. If I was getting paid a lot of money to be expected to behave, I either wouldn't have drank any wine or had some else drive.

Doesn't Oxygen contain more than .093?

Seriously. Getting down on LaRusa for that is stupid. I think you get to .093 if one of your relatives touches a bottle of wine...
Old 03-29-2007, 07:30 PM   #50
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words
Shea is a fucking dive.
EOM
Old 03-29-2007, 07:35 PM   #51
Blue Crack Addict

maybe i just like Shea because its one of the few fair stadiums left, and one of the few stadiums left with a bit of history in it.

i just know i liked playing the NLCS in Shea stadium last year 10 million times better than playing in Houston's Minute Maid park, a park that is 100 feet down one line, 3 miles to center field where youll find a hill and flag, a choo choo train and buzzing noises after 10 seconds.

baseball is about history, not gimmicks. but maybe id feel differently if i ever visited Shea.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:35 PM   #52
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Dalton, why don't you take a number and join all of the folks who had no problem with Tony falling alseep at the wheel?
Old 03-29-2007, 07:37 PM   #53
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by MrPryck2U
Dalton, why don't you take a number and join all of the folks who had no problem with Tony falling alseep at the wheel?

Did I say that I had no problem with LaRussa falling asleep behind the wheel.

Prick, why don't you join the legions of key board warriors that jump the gun on their conclusions.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:38 PM   #54
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Chizip

i just know i liked playing the NLCS in Shea stadium last year 10 million times better than playing in Houston's Minute Maid park, a park that is 100 feet down one line, 3 miles to center field where youll find a hill and flag, a choo choo train and buzzing noises after 10 seconds.

Don't forget about the windmill and the clown's mouth.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:43 PM   #55
Blue Crack Addict

So, the question I have is: how is it that I keep seeing different 'experts' pick the Indians to win or finish 2nd in the AL Central?

Their rotation is not that good and their bully is abysmal.

Thoughts?
Old 03-29-2007, 07:48 PM   #56
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Well, you did say that I was stupid for getting on Tony, so what exactly are you inferring? Is Tony a drunk? I hope not. But, like I stated earlier, as manager of an MLB team, I felt Tony's lapse in judgement was a big deal. Hey, I was the only one who felt that way, but that's cool with me. I also thought it was pretty funny that all of these folks came to his defense when he was "only" busted with a .093 BAC. Right, because that's cool and I'm the morality police, so what do I know? Anyway, the issue died a few days ago, so let's let it stay dead.

Thankfully, the season will be starting soon and they'll be more important things to discuss.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:04 AM   #57
Blue Crack Addict

But anyway...up until a few years ago, the legal limit in most states was .10 and has recently been lowered with tougher laws. So had Tony been stopped 10 years ago, he'd have been driven home or at worst PC'ed for falling asleep.

I don't think anyone is condoning his actions, but the point people are making Prycky is that what he did wasn't as egregious as you seem to be characterizing it.
He didn't cause an accident or any harm to anyone, he was barely over the legal limit, which can easily be contested in court, and this certainly doesn't guarantee the man has a "drinking problem".
Its more likely a mistake for which he'll pay his penalty, hopefully learn from it and move on.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:39 AM   #58
New Yorker

Local Time: 02:01 PM
Random spring training stat: The Angels turned their THIRD triple play of this spring last night.
Old 03-30-2007, 12:46 PM   #59
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 01:01 PM
Yowza.
Old 03-30-2007, 12:53 PM   #60
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Hewson, I think what scared me the most was the way the police discovered Tony. I think that's what set me off.
Anyway, how wacky of a start to the season is this going to be for the Yankees? Carl Pavano has been named the Opening Day starter. I guess the Yankees are just trying to get all of their injuries out of the way and beat the Summer rush.