The Super Terrific MLB Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
ya know what would be just super duper swell and funny? if a-rod breaks bonds' single season record, wins the mvp, the yankees miss the playoffs and a-rod opts out, telling the yankees and their fans to go F themselves on the way out the door.

that would be funny.

I read this a few times, and, I have to say, it's not that funny. :)

Seriously, if I were a non-Yankee fan, I suppose this would be a scenario that would bring me great joy.

And, yeah, big shock re: Prior.

No spoken words said:

I read this a few times, and, I have to say, it's not that funny. :)

Seriously, if I were a non-Yankee fan, I suppose this would be a scenario that would bring me great joy.

And, yeah, big shock re: Prior.

they booed him in the top of the 1st inning of opening day. now he's their hero. if i were him, i'd flip 'em off on my way to fenway.

they booed him in the top of the 1st inning of opening day. now he's their hero. if i were him, i'd flip 'em off on my way to fenway.

Oh, I'm not saying he shouldn't do that, I'm just saying that the overall scenario....just.....is.....not....funny. To me. Cos I like the Yanks and all. :)

I really don't see Arod opting out because I just don't see how any other team can pay him 27 million per year.

Ol' Gil's only getting $11million.

Gil.jpg

5 years, $55mil

If the Sox were to sweep the Yanks again (which I doubt, remember Julian Tavarez goes Sunday), could see Torre being axed Monday. Imagine the first managerial firing being Torre, still in April, and before Charlie Manuel...Vegas would have given you 1,000,000,000,000 to 1 odds on that in March.

tonight really may be a must win for the yanks with pettite on the mound vs. the dice man.. ohhhhhhh.

if they lose tonight, they got karstens going tomorrow... 8 game losing streak heading into sunday and the pressure will be huuuuuge.

meanwhile, it's another epsidoe of as oliver perez turns tonight... 3 outings thus far.... great, horrific, great... pattern says horrific tonight, but then again, it is vs. the nationals.

:hmm:

meanwhile, it's another epsidoe of as oliver perez turns tonight... 3 outings thus far.... great, horrific, great... pattern says horrific tonight, but then again, it is vs. the nationals.

:hmm:
Nats at +160 against perez due for a bad outing...:scratch:

But then again its Matt Chico...:yikes:

Maybe the over.

the pattern could be wrong... he has had two great outings as opposed to one horrific outing, plus i'm not going tonight, and i was at the horrific outing... could have been just a blip on the radar screen, especially consideirng that i am now the black kiss of death when it comes to attending met games.

the pattern could be wrong... he has had two great outings as opposed to one horrific outing, plus i'm not going tonight, and i was at the horrific outing... could have been just a blip on the radar screen, especially consideirng that i am now the black kiss of death when it comes to attending met games.

You are the Human Jinx.......Even just talking smack about opposition.....

5 batters into the game Mets down 3-0:mad:

Here we go again with Sox/Yankees.

Dice-K is still an overblown import, but luckily the bats keep carrying them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom