The Super Terrific MLB Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
all time favorite met? lenny dykstra.

all time favorite non-met? :hmm: lenny dykstra

lol... reyes is closing in fast... problem was of course that there was a big gap of bums in between the 88 and piazza's arrival.

i didn't really ever root much for guys besides mets... and i never thought it was right to consider someone who i never saw play to be a "favorite"... thus then, there ya go.

speaking of jose, he just hit another triple.

My favorite all-time Yankee is Don Mattingly.

I love baseball as much as I love the Yankees, and so, I might not "root" for other players, but I sure have some non-Yanks I loved to watch play. Lately, it's been Johan Santana and Ichiro. Always get a kick out of Vlad Guerrero, too, he'll swing at anything, but he can hit anything, too.

I hated Dykstra. :)

i actually used to like a-rod a lot... up until he became a yankee :wink:

don't get me wrong, i love watching great baseball... there's just no one other than my team that i really root for, other than for teams to beat the red sox.

the mets have outscored the phillies and marlins 24-5 thus far in this three game mini road trip (fourth game was rained out) and there's still 6 innings left in this game.

hey jose valentin finally hit a homerun...
freddie-mercury-w140.jpg

No spoken words said:
A-Rod promptly hits a walk-off HR.

I've ripped him as much as I've ever ripped anyone, but, wow, he's unreal right now.
No doubt. He's on fire the likes of which we haven't seen in maybe forever.
Dare I say he may officially earn the nickname Mr. April.

The Phils move Brett Myers to the pen. OK, I guess when you are desperate...I don't know. But if you move him to the pen, your staff ace, wouldn't you...gee...I don't know...USE HIM?

They bring him in the 8th tonight with a 1-0 lead. Shuts 'em down. Naturally, with Tom Gordon having blown every lead so far this season, Myers must stay in. He has to. They couldn't bring in Gordon. Never in a million years.

Gordon pitches the 9th, blows the lead, pitches the 10th, loses the game.

2-1.

Manuel fired in the end of May. This organization is historically slow moving on these things.

If it were me, he would be fired on March 10, 2005.

Last edited:
Insane Sox/Yankees battle last night, and it looks like we're in for a long one already again today.

Damn...Today was as big a game as a game can be in mid April (still not huge). But I don't want the Atlanta Braves to get any more confidence. I still shudder to think how good this offense can be when Delgado and Wright Finally get going. Beltran and Reyes have been carrying the team now and hopefully the other two boppers can pick it up when those two finally cool off.

Another crazy Sox/Yankees battle today, man FOUR HOME RUNS IN A ROW for the sox. Manny, J.D. Drew, Mike Lowell, and Varitek consecutively.

Four in a row!! I couldn't believe that. Even stranger that JD Drew was a part of the four HR in a row last year in LA as well

U2inUtah said:
Four in a row!! I couldn't believe that. Even stranger that JD Drew was a part of the four HR in a row last year in LA as well

Exactly, considering it's only happened like 4 other times. And Francona's dad was part of the only other time one pitcher gave up all four.

While I'm glad the Red Sox won the games this weekend, I'm not too overly excited. In fact, I'm a bit disappointed. Boston had its best pitchers going, and the best performance was Beckett on Saturday, who gave up four earned runs.

That's ok but I doubt it will be good enough when the Yankees have their pitching staff back in order. Because once they do, with the lineup they have, they are going to be very tough to beat.

On a different note however, the bullpen, which was the biggest question mark for the Red Sox entering the season has been outstanding.
Yanks' pitching problems are deeper than the injuries, they got a great effort from Pettitte Friday night and Rivera blew the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom