The Super Terrific MLB Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
New-Kids-On-The-Block-Dirty-Dawg-328334.jpg

I'm just hoping that the Jays will have much more consistency in their season than the Leafs did in theirs :wink: Right now I'd be happy with them getting the wild card, given how the AL East is...

...did I hear something about the Yankees tanking a bit to start the season? :D

Headache in a Suitcase said:
... and beat and beat and beat...

And Uncle Charlie tried to start a fight with Howard Eskin after the game. Eskin called him soft and said he needed to grow up, and Chuckles responded, shouting at him, with great quotes like, "I been growed up!"

he's no oliver perez

i wonder which oliver will show up tonight... the one who completely shut down st. louis in his first start or the one who walked 7 guys and hit one in an inning and 2/3rds in the game i went to last week :hmm:

ah, at least we get to get a nice look at mets trading deadline acquisition dontrelle willis tonight :hyper:

27,000 at citizens bank last night... i'd have to guess 10,000 of 'em were met fans.

go phills!

As much as I hate Mets fans getting the seats, I don't wanna be there right now.

Oh dear. After a one-hitter at Fenway? Felix Hernandez leaves the game tonight after 24 pitches. Um ... eek?

He actually waved to the dugout in a "get me out of here" gesture after his last pitch. Is he hurt? Or just going through a sudden case of The Sucks?

Weird. I hope he's not hurt. I also hope he's not going to suck after one jaw-dropping outing.

Jerry Hairston Jr. = safe

Only kidding. I'm just pissed.

Last edited:
john maine looked pretty good last night...the rising fastball looks so good to the hitter but it is tough to hit.

Jose Reyes = most exciting player in baseball right now.

buck showalter? joe girardi? :shrug:

tough to get anyone midseason other than an interim guy... pinnella would abeen a great fit for them, but apparently 6 good weeks after a season of sucktitude was enough to save manuel's job.

No, it is better for all of us that uncle lou is in Chicago.

Let the good times roll...

I gotta add this...

Yanks down 6-2 coming into the 9th.

With 2 outs:

Phelps HR's 6
Damon draws a walk
Posada singles to Center
Jeter singles to left
Abreu singles to left
A-Rod comes up, wild pitch advances Jeter and Abreu to 2nd and 3rd, and A-Rod promptly hits a walk-off HR.

I've ripped him as much as I've ever ripped anyone, but, wow, he's unreal right now.

Numb1075 said:
Jose Reyes = most exciting player in baseball right now.

as much as i love jose... i have to differ.

i've knocked him as much as anyone, too... but the best and most exciting player in all of baseball, at least the way he's playing right now, is alex rodriguez.

by a lot.

but, alas, all that can change this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom