The Super Terrific MLB Thread - Page 13 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-07-2007, 03:04 PM   #181
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,464
Local Time: 10:40 PM
igawa seems to have a problem with the lower half of the strikezone... all his pitches were either up in the zone or down in the dirt... not a good combo.

he looked awful... and what's with the shades?
__________________

__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 04-07-2007, 03:24 PM   #182
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 07:40 PM
Headache, I could not see it cos DirecTV blacked out all early games. Not sure why, since the FOX games do not start until 4pmET. I was just sporadically following along online. He had shades on???
__________________

__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 04-07-2007, 03:52 PM   #183
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,064
Local Time: 10:40 PM
Even if their pitching sucks, the Yankees are always going to be in it with that lineup. Boom - 3-run homer by Giambi and all of the sudden they are only down by one run.
__________________
phanan is offline  
Old 04-07-2007, 04:27 PM   #184
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 07:40 PM
Did A-Rod hit a walk off Grand Slam? That's what my computer is telling me.
__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 04-07-2007, 04:31 PM   #185
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Got Philk?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Arizona, Tacoma, Philadelphia ,Atlanta, LA...
Posts: 6,875
Local Time: 11:40 PM
Mine too! wierd...
__________________
Got Philk? is offline  
Old 04-07-2007, 04:31 PM   #186
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,464
Local Time: 10:40 PM
friend "why do you have the yankees on? put the mets back on"

me "i just wanna watch a-rod strike out with the bases loaded"

next pitch

me "crap"
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 04-07-2007, 04:33 PM   #187
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,464
Local Time: 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words
Headache, I could not see it cos DirecTV blacked out all early games. Not sure why, since the FOX games do not start until 4pmET. I was just sporadically following along online. He had shades on???
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 04-07-2007, 04:45 PM   #188
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 07:40 PM
Thanks for the photo, and the slice of life at Castle Headache during baseball season.

A-Rod should get at least a week of not being booed.

__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 04-07-2007, 04:58 PM   #189
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,464
Local Time: 10:40 PM
i give him until the next time he strikesout with runners on base.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 04-07-2007, 05:01 PM   #190
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 07:40 PM
Well, he's been instrumental in both their wins, so, I wish they'd cut him some slack, but, you're probably right. He annoys me to no end and I would like him to opt out and leave next season, but, shit, I hope they give him a break for a while.

I wish they had stats for how teams bat against bullpens, in total, because since 1996 the Yanks have specialized in kicking the crap out of other team's pens. Then again, I'm sure most teams do, since so many bullpens are thin.
__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 04-07-2007, 07:59 PM   #191
War Child
 
TheBrush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: niagara falls
Posts: 830
Local Time: 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
friend "why do you have the yankees on? put the mets back on"

me "i just wanna watch a-rod strike out with the bases loaded"

next pitch

me "crap"
Yea , no offense but you are kinda a walking jinx. You toot our mets horn and the shit the bed big time today, and now this. Oh well, your a mets fan, so you ain't all bad!

Lets come back tomorrow, no reason to give the braves any confidence.

With how much I here mets fan rag on Green, I think anyone would have dropped that ball, The Sun/Wind was messing with everyone today and hes been more than adequate at the plate.
__________________
TheBrush is offline  
Old 04-08-2007, 01:42 AM   #192
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,731
Local Time: 07:40 PM
Geez, the Mariners-Indians double header was - guess what - snowed out again today. And one of the games was a make-up from the Friday game that got snowed out! They're going to try yet another double header tomorrow.

This doesn't happen very often, does it? I've only really been paying attention to baseball for a few years now, and I don't recall ever hearing about baseball being snowed out before. Especially two days in a row.
__________________
corianderstem is offline  
Old 04-08-2007, 02:21 AM   #193
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 07:40 PM
It happens now and then, but rarely 2 games in a row.
__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 04-08-2007, 10:51 AM   #194
War Child
 
TheBrush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: niagara falls
Posts: 830
Local Time: 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem
Geez, the Mariners-Indians double header was - guess what - snowed out again today. And one of the games was a make-up from the Friday game that got snowed out! They're going to try yet another double header tomorrow.

This doesn't happen very often, does it? I've only really been paying attention to baseball for a few years now, and I don't recall ever hearing about baseball being snowed out before. Especially two days in a row.
I think it happened in COlorado recently (as in 1-3 years ago) but yea, your right, this is a rarity to have this many games ppd due to snow.
__________________
TheBrush is offline  
Old 04-08-2007, 10:56 AM   #195
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 56,464
Local Time: 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by TheBrush


Yea , no offense but you are kinda a walking jinx. You toot our mets horn and the shit the bed big time today, and now this. Oh well, your a mets fan, so you ain't all bad!

Lets come back tomorrow, no reason to give the braves any confidence.

With how much I here mets fan rag on Green, I think anyone would have dropped that ball, The Sun/Wind was messing with everyone today and hes been more than adequate at the plate.
i wasn't really tooting the horn just yet... i had plenty of jokes about the phillies being the team to beat... and beat and beat and beat... that i kept to myself.

baring injury, 100 wins and a run away NL East title. not cockyness, just confidence. the other teams simply aren't that good.
__________________

__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com