The Super Terrific MLB Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Warning; Sarcasm alert!

Right, I would've never imagined that a guy who's won the league MVP twice in the last 5 seasons could've been playing this well. Miracles do happen.

As for Pavano, it's about time!

Ssh, don't tell anyone, because we can't jinx it ... but Felix Hernandez from the Mariners has um ... something special going on in the 7th inning against Boston.

... must not ... say the words ... out loud .... gah!

Felix really looked great, I watched at work. He also dropped 25 pounds, he looks a lot slimmer, that could help his stamina. He keeps the ball down down down, which is rare for a guy who throws so hard. He could really get scary good, soon. And I sure fucking hope Mussina is not hurt too bad.

MrPryck2U said:
Warning; Sarcasm alert!

Right, I would've never imagined that a guy who's won the league MVP twice in the last 5 seasons could've been playing this well. Miracles do happen.

gimmie a fucking break... even the most die hard of yankee fans, which we know you're not, will admit that a-rod has been a joke in the clutch during his time in new york, even in his joke of an MVP season, where he won only because no one wated to vote for a DH.

and let's not forget his other MVP was for a last place team.

he's been phenomenal thus far. he is a phenomenal talent.. but let's not act like him doing this well was expected, because that's a huge load of crap.

I was at that game, it was surreal. For a brief moment I thought they were waiting for Jesus to come out of the dugout :wink:. It was quite exciting, I've never seen so many flashbulbs going off in my entire life.

Hewson said:
Even a blind monkey finds a banana once in a while.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
silence ensued because the person who would have been doing the speaking was at the game.

I didn't mean Mets fans.

I meant that Phillies fans aren't reacting to the win like the team is. The team seems to be like "Oh, we can win against a decent team, we're fine!" Meanwhile, the fans are taking the much more realistic "Sweep a series, start winning at home, find consistency, and then we'll talk approach."

Headache in a Suitcase said:

gimmie a fucking break... even the most die hard of yankee fans, which we know you're not, will admit that a-rod has been a joke in the clutch during his time in new york, even in his joke of an MVP season, where he won only because no one wated to vote for a DH.

and let's not forget his other MVP was for a last place team.

he's been phenomenal thus far. he is a phenomenal talent.. but let's not act like him doing this well was expected, because that's a huge load of crap.

Hey Headache, thanks for sharing! Of course him doing well was expected. That's why the Yanks signed him in the first place. But, they did also expect him to do well in the playoffs, which he hasn't since Game 4 of the 2004 ALCS. When he does that, all of the doubters will shut their pieholes. Just because I root for the Mets DOESN'T mean that I'm not a diehard Yankee fan. I know you don't like the fact that I root for both NY teams, but I don't give a shit what you think frankly. I'm sick of you dogging me all the time, dude! It's getting really fucking annoying. Why don't you give me a break?

I hear ya, dude! Most of the time I don't agree with you either, but I don't tell you that you're full of crap or something similar. Call me crazy, but sometimes your comments do come off as personal. I suppose we can agree that at least we like baseball.

Geez, Mariners and Red Sox postponed.

So ... how many games are the M's going to get to play this year? :(

Maybe they'll get postponed by tornadoes or hail in Chicago ... or an earthquake during a home game ... a freak snowstorm in May in the midwest or northeast.

Good thing the M's play their home games in a retractable dome. I think every team that builds a new stadium and is in an area that gets bad weather regularly should have a retractable roof. Like the poor Twins. Their new stadium is going to be open air because they can't afford the 125 million to put in a retractable roof. Those Twins fans are going to freeze their butts off.

I'd never dream that a guy named Pryck and a guy named Headache would not get along. :)

At least Headache's name is derived from a U2 song.

Why would anyone get on your case, Mr Pryck, in a sports thread, when you admit you root for the Yankees and the Mets? I can't figure it out.

As for the Twins new stadium, I understand that U2kitten and the U2kitten family have been working on a plan for a newer, less expensive retractable dome, made from space age polymers, using advanced German engineering.

Too bad. And I wouldn't bother putting the TV on at 7Am local time Monday to check out the Patriots' Day matchup between Tavarez and Weaver.
With the forecast, I expect that to be washed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom