The Strokes plan "much different" third album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2popmofo

Blue Meth Addict
http://www.nme.com/news/109079.htm

THE STROKES plan to finish their third album by next spring.

As previously reported, the band have spent time back in New York writing and recording new songs in their rehearsal space and studio with producer Gordon Raphael.

Speaking to Billboard in the US, the band?s manager Ryan Gentles said the recording process will be "much different" from ?Is This It? and ?Room On Fire?.

He said: "The recording of this record will be much different from the last two. They're not working on any deadline whatsoever and have built a recording studio into their rehearsal space so that they can just record everything that they do over the next 8 to 10 months, and shape the new songs for the next record out of that."

The Strokes return to the UK and Ireland this weekend, with appearances at the Oxegen and T In The Park festivals. Both are sold out.

The band are also planning a number of gigs in New York this year to test the new material, as well as their first ever tour of South America.

The band are planning to release a new single in August which will be taken from 'Room On Fire'.

Here's more:

http://www.nme.com/news/109177.htm

THE STROKES have said they feel like they are "starting from scratch" as they begin work on their third album.

The band recently took time out from recording sessions in New York to make appearances at the T In The Park and Oxegen festivals (July 10-11).

Speaking exclusively to NME.COM, the band gave the lowdown on the band?s third album. So far, three songs have been demoed, with Albert Hammond Jr saying the group feel like they?re working on their first record.

He said: "Everything feels new to me. In the new studio, it doesn?t feel like we?re making our third album, it feels like we?re starting from scratch."

Singer Julian Casablancas added: "We?ve built a studio and started work on the new album. If it was done in a week it?d be good for me. The sooner the better! We haven?t set ourselves any deadline. It?s too early to even talk about titles. We?ve just recorded three demos."

For the full interview, see this week?s NME, which is out nationwide now

*waits for pouting post about how The Strokes hit it big but awful talentless unknown personal bands never did*

:yawn:

Everyone loves a trustfund baby. And the bands they make. Play like your life depends on it.

Last edited:
http://www.nme.com/news/109470.htm

THE STROKES have confirmed the release date of their new album ?LIVE IN LONDON?.

The record, which was recorded at last December?s Alexandra Palace show, will be released at mid-price on October 11.

The record will feature 12 songs, including a cover ofThe Clash?s ?Clampdown?.

A cover of the same song will also feature on the band?s new single ?The End Has No End?, which is out on September 20, following their appearance at the V Festival (August 21-22).

The band are also working on their third studio album, which is set for release in the middle of next year. They?re recording with longtime collaborator Gordon Raphael, who produced their last two records.

In other news, a mailing to the band?s fanbase has revealed that drummer Fab Moretti has spent sometime on crutches after "routine surgery for a knee injury". However, the band say the problem is "nothing serious".

Ah....hmm. I have that Alexandra Palace set but it doesn't include Clampdown. :hmm:Guess I'll just to have to buy it to get the whole show. :D

Wow, "starting from scratch"? I'm excited now... :hyper: Patience.running.out!

Yeah yeah I know it's not been that long.

Back
Top Bottom