The Streets thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
Got to say I'm really starting to love Mike Skinner.

The first couple of listens through A Grand Don't Come For Free were rough, but now I'm addicted. :yes: I'm now giving Original Pirate Material a listen, so I'm not going to give my opinion on that one just yet. I've heard that the new album is crap, so I don't really want to bother with it. :reject:

"Hello, my names Tim and i'm a criminal.
in the eyes society i need to be in jail,
for the choice of herbs i inhale."

:drool:

geezer's need excitement, if their lives don't provide them this they incite violence, common sense, simple common sense....

The Streets AKA a very good reason why the Brits kick yank ass when it comes to producing the best hip hop....

The Streets are ace. Original Pirate Material is one of the best debuts i'd heard for ages.

Weak Become Heroes :drool:

Fit But You Know It cracks me up every time, and I really love Don't Mug Yourself. Dry Your Eyes is all right, but I don't like it as much.

That's all I've heard. I have the feeling that a whole album of Mike Skinner's voice would drive me up the wall, though.

A grand don't come for free is about as good as it gets

not that his other albums are bad
esp. original pirate material has some great tracks

I'll be seeing The Streets tomorrow at the Big Day Out!!!
...well kinda seeing them - they start playing at 5pm and The Killers don't finish til 5:30 - so hopefully I'll catch the last half of their set...some compromises have to be made at music festivals...

I've been a fan since Original Pirate Material... which is a simply superb album! And the great thing was that it didn't sound like anything at that time. "Hardest Way to Make an Easy Living" has some good tracks on it, but the whole album felt a little disjointed... not like "A Grand..." and "Pirate Material" which felt like cohesive albums. Anyway, check out "Never Went to Church" and "Two Nations"... "Prangin' Out" also gets stuck in my head :)

Have fun at Big Day Out, mandy! Let us know how it goes :)

Back
Top Bottom