The Streets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We had a thread on them a month or so back. You can go search for it. I bought the album then. Not a completely consistent album, but it still has a lot more good songs on it than most rap albums.

It's a cool alternative to your basic hip hop.

I think hes comedy relief, but I like it!

I have the album and listen occasionally, would be fun to see live too I think, hes in Chi town soon I believe.........

A friend of mine bought the is CD and hated it, so she sent it to me.
The rapping is not that good, and neither is the music, but the man puts together a good story! I like it!
Very original and so much better than US rap...
:yes:

I liked the first record by haven't bought the second one. How do they compare?

edit: Thanks, Jenn--you answered my question before I could finish typing it. Anyone else?

hehe. A lot of people like the second one just as well, if not better. I prefer the first mainly because it seems to have more of the dance element to it...I know they are a merge of dance and rap, and the second to me just seems to have more of the rap focus. I do like the story-telling aspect, but it just doesn't do nearly as much for me. Nothing as stand out as 'turn the page,' 'don't mug yourself,' 'the irony of it all,' etc. 'Fit but you know it' is good, but still...

I listened to some of it in Borders and that's pretty much how I felt. I wasn't moved to get it but I'm still curious.

I havent picked the second one up yet either, still curious here too.

I loved 'Let's Push Things Forward'. I liked the stuff on Original Pirate Material alot, but i'm not so keen on A Grand Don't Come For Free (apart from that wonderful 'Fit But You Know It' vid :lol: ).

I'm more of a Goldie Lookin' Chain person.

u2popmofo said:
I havent picked the second one up yet either, still curious here too.

I think Chris Martin sings on track 10 of the latest album.

The song about "drying your eyes mate because it's over"

not positive though but after a 1st listen I picked up the CD.
track 11 is even better.:up:

db9

i heard "let's push things forward" on kcsu in fort collins a couple years ago and picked up original pirate material on a whim...i loved it!! that intro on the first song is fantastic, it was so epic and i was hooked.

skip forward to this summer and nosing around at borders and saw they had a new disc out, picked this one up and loved it even more. as has already been mentioned, the man tells a heck of a story, and it is waaay better than us rap.

diamond said:

I think Chris Martin sings on track 10 of the latest album.

The song about "drying your eyes mate because it's over"

not positive though but after a 1st listen I picked up the CD.
track 11 is even better.:up:

db9

Chris was supposed to be on it, but convinced Mike not to release that version because his version was more poignant or something... I think. Or something.

beau2ifulday said:
i'm not so keen on A Grand Don't Come For Free (apart from that wonderful 'Fit But You Know It' vid :lol: ).

I was a bit disappointed by that album at first...but it really, REALLY grew on me. I think I just had to be in the right mood to give it an uniterrupted listen all the way through to really appreciate it. It's one of my favorites, definitely.

Mike Skinner's rapping really annoys me...it's the combination of his accent ( :rant: southerners! Ya come here with ya weekend homes, pushing up property prices so locals gotta move outta the county :rant: :wink: :wink: :wink: I'm only kidding) and the way it sounds so stunted (wrong word but you know how he goes: "You're Fit. But. Oh. My. Gosh. Don't you. Know. It."). But 'Dry Your Eyes Mate' is a lovely song (but, 'cos of what I said above, it does start to get on my nerves after a while).

But Eminem's 'Stan' and Tupac's 'Ghetto Gospel' :drool: Seems if a rap song has singing in it, I'll like it a whole lot more.

I despise them:wink: In fact if Mike was here now i think i could punch him:mad:

He spent his whole set at Oxegen (big Irish music festival) taunting the pit crowd and in general trying to piss off the Irish...ie. 'Goodnight Wembley', 'Hello Manchester'...'Your all wankers'....even though i think he was pissed out of his head, i would still like to hurt him:banghead:

Back
Top Bottom