the stones are

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

novia

The Fly
tourin nxt year
smile.gif
cant wait

------------------
"was she askin for it,was she askin nice ,if she was askin for it,did she ask you twice"

didnt mention anywhere just said it was gonna be nxt year,

------------------
"was she askin for it,was she askin nice ,if she was askin for it,did she ask you twice"

Yay!!! *starts saving what little pennies she has now*

biggrin.gif

Btw, I hope they go to Oz, Angie!
------------------
Cut out the poetry
Let's hit the main artery
No time for a tourniquet
Let the colour's all run out of me

[This message has been edited by LarryMullen's_POPAngel (edited 01-24-2002).]

could I be more indifferent???

stay tuned

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

old geezers, with not much left to offer. not that old geezers couldn't have something to offer, (see B. Dylan.)

But in their prime, they blew Zeppelin out of the water. As songwriters, they were far superior, and that is why they get the nod before Zep. Though Zep no doubt had great musicians, and they defined the art of hard rock bombast.

Gao to you Stones-bashers!!!
mad.gif
biggrin.gif

OK, I'll be the first to admit that they are not as good as they once were (I'm going to say their last great album was in the 70's), but them touring now is a good thing for people like myself who were too young to see them in their prime, or who weren't around at all. I'm 23 and I saw them in 1997, and I plan on seeing them again this year. I think they're pretty awesome for old dudes.
wink.gif

Thanks to my parents, I've gotten to see The Stones twice...I would love to see them again!

------------------
"Baby...can we still be friends?"

Originally posted by Bound:

But in their prime, they blew Zeppelin out of the water. As songwriters, they were far superior, and that is why they get the nod before Zep. Though Zep no doubt had great musicians, and they defined the art of hard rock bombast.

I prefer Zeppelin because I think they had far more mystique. A sense of mystery. I don't find that in the Stones. Zep also had much more than just hard rock bombast. Listen to Zep III--it has EVERYTHING. And John Bonham was almost certainly the greatest drummer ever.

------------------
Love was never a single emotion

-ACROB@T

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:
Gao to you Stones-bashers!!!
mad.gif
biggrin.gif

I think they're pretty awesome for old dudes.
wink.gif

Much agreed. It's hard to believe these guys can still hop around the stage as well as they do. They put on a great show! Just think of one of your parents running around the stage like Mick does (he's 60ish). Amazing!

I love the Stones. I can't wait for them to tour again. I don't care how old they are, what are you bashers gonna do when U2 get that old? I hope U2 will still be out there prancing at that age. I would also love to see Led Zeppelin but I don't think they will reunite. They had their chance in the 80s when they were in high demand, after the Live Aid and Atlantic records reunions (I have both on tape!) but decided not to, maybe afraid of spoiling the legend.

Originally posted by Desire4Bono:
I love the Stones. I can't wait for them to tour again. I don't care how old they are, what are you bashers gonna do when U2 get that old? I hope U2 will still be out there prancing at that age. I would also love to see Led Zeppelin but I don't think they will reunite. They had their chance in the 80s when they were in high demand, after the Live Aid and Atlantic records reunions (I have both on tape!) but decided not to, maybe afraid of spoiling the legend.

I doubt "Led Zeppelin" will reunite, but I did see Page and Plant a few years ago, and I thought that was pretty awesome. A VERY high energy show--about as good as it could get, I think.

I don't really have anything against the Stones, I know how important they are to rock music--they just don't do much for me personally.

------------------
Love was never a single emotion

-ACROB@T

Check out the "Gimme Shelter" DVD. Awesome. But the one Stones show I saw at Shea Stadium circa 1990 was completely unmemorable except for the rain and Keith's hair--lol.

[This message has been edited by joyfulgirl (edited 01-29-2002).]

saw a doco last night novia, about Jagger and recording his album(Bono was on it;()
Jagger sure puts in a lot of effort to keep fit and supple (gym/yoga/ god knows what treatments he didn't show, acid peels, sandpaper, the rack?)
He was looking great for a man who will be 60 next year, amazing actually. Naturally energetic man it seems. High on life.
You'll be in for a treat.

Originally posted by scatteroflight:
I prefer Zeppelin because I think they had far more mystique. A sense of mystery. I don't find that in the Stones. Zep also had much more than just hard rock bombast. Listen to Zep III--it has EVERYTHING. And John Bonham was almost certainly the greatest drummer ever.

and because they quit while they were ahead?
tongue.gif

led zeppelin were tha bomb.
wink.gif

------------------
awaken all those whispers in the dusty shadow of a passing favour...
ME!

Back
Top Bottom