The Stones 2006 North American Stadium Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
fah said:
I'm wondering if Van Morrison is still going to be the opening act for the Vancouver show ~ which is now the last night of tour :hmm:

Since it's unrealistic to expect Morrison to fly into Vancouver, from Europe, for one show I wonder if they will they will find an opener to fill the void?

It sucks because the last times Van played Vancouver was 1998 and 1986, so a good number in the crowd likely bought tickets with him in mind. He's one of the reasons that they sold 50,000 tickets in less than a week.

u2fp

DaveC said:

You think casual U2 fans are showing up to hear "Yahweh"? :eyebrow:

I agree with you, U2 was at the top of the concert setup game during the 90's and during the Elevation Tour - but the Bigger Bang tour absolutely blows the Vertigo setup out of the water. I don't know how people think an oval and a screen of hanging light-up tennis balls beats an eight-story tower that holds hundreds of people, thousands of lights, and a bigger screen than would even fit inside an arena. Shit, they even have 20-foot tall inflatable lips and the b-stage moves! How is that inferior to the Vertigo setup, please people??!? :der:

Who said anything about casual U2 fans and Yahweh? But since we're on this topic, yes, I have no problem believing more people seeing U2 (on average) were interested in hearing Bomb songs than people seeing Stones (on average) were interested in hearing Bigger bang songs.

I don't know where in this thread Stones and U2's stage setup were compared. Personally I think the whole "bigger is better" stage setup shtick gets old eventually. :shrug:

As I said before Vertigo tour started, I think the band would likely get fried either way on this tour: they use arenas stage setup, Elevation comparisons will come; they use stadium stage setup, everyone will say they're trying to compete with Zoo TV and Popmart.

DaveC said:
In case you didn't read Headache's actual post - which I don't think you did past the first line - you'll see that he not once mentions cash.

The Rolling Stones have come up with the coolest-looking concert stage since Popmart. Have you been to a Rolling Stones show this tour? You really have to see this thing in action to believe it - it's incredible!

Well, who has the best album and stage production is really all a matter of opinion. Who has the highest attendance and GROSS is not.

fah said:
Bonnie Raitt is going to open for the Stones in Vancouver :up:

Yes, I'm disappointed it's not Van but I'm a Bonnie fan too :)

Van fans still have until the 14th to decide on their tickets. It should also make the secondary sellers outfront much more of a buyers market - if it rains, even better!!!

DaveC said:

You just told us that you haven't been to a Stones show.

There's not a chance you'd say that if you saw it in person - it blows U2's Egg out of the water by MILES.

Ive seen pictures and clips of the stage.

Its shit.

Back
Top Bottom