The Stones 2006 North American Stadium Tour - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-23-2006, 01:07 AM   #31
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:37 PM
Wow wow wow wow WOW.

They kicked ass.

Old 10-23-2006, 01:10 AM   #32
fah
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:37 PM

12 more sleeps

Old 10-23-2006, 01:23 AM   #33
ONE
love, blood, life

They also informed us before that show that tonight's show was filmed for a DVD release! I've always wanted to go to a show that was filmed for release and now I have been. Can't wait to pick that up. I may even be on it; there was a camera right in my face during 'Under My Thumb.'

My only complaint is they didn't play either Street Fighting Man or Gimme Shelter. Other than that, everything from the music to the stage set up was amazing.
Old 10-23-2006, 01:25 AM   #34
fah
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by inmyplace13
They also informed us before that show that tonight's show was filmed for a DVD release! I've always wanted to go to a show that was filmed for release and now I have been.

Be sure to remind us what you were wearing and where you were sitting/standing/dancing when the dvd is released

What was the highlight tonight???
Old 10-23-2006, 01:46 AM   #35
ONE
love, blood, life

The highlight for me was the extended "Sympathy for the Devil." The song just absolutely rips live. Another favorite of mine is "Honky Tonk Women," which was played on the b stage and thus, a bit far from me. I managed to be about 25 yards away from the stage. I was quite pleased with my spot. Here's a photo the potential new Miss imp13 took:

Keep in mind she took it on her camera phone and, as always, the picture makes it look further away.

Fah, you're gonna have a blast.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:16 AM   #36
fah
Blue Crack Addict

You were very close to the main stage....

I am closer to the 'b' stage

I've seen them once before ~ Steel Wheels Tour

Was that 1989

Did they allow real cameras at the show?
Old 10-23-2006, 02:18 AM   #37
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:37 AM
Great pic there - sounds like a blast!

<<<jealous
Old 10-23-2006, 03:08 AM   #38
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by fah
You were very close to the main stage....

I am closer to the 'b' stage

I've seen them once before ~ Steel Wheels Tour

Was that 1989

Did they allow real cameras at the show?
The B stage is an extension of the main stage that creeps out during the set with the boys on it towards the middle of the venue. And yeah, I managed to get a pretty good spot. I guess that's the benefit of the show being essentially all GA (there were a few sets of reserved seats set up, none closer than I was.) Kind of a weird set up, but you have to keep in mind that it's at a giant city park in Austin. 42,000 people tonight, mostly in GA. Pretty cool.

And the tickets say you can't have real cameras at the show, which is why I didn't bring mine. I regret it since they didn't even check or care when they saw people using theirs.
Old 10-23-2006, 05:12 AM   #39
Blue Crack Distributor

I just wonder how or why they try & enforce the
'no camera' policy at shows nowadays. So many people have camera phones (not me :grr: )

When I saw the Pogues earlier this week, the security had me open my purse and they peeked in. I could have had a million things in there, but I didn't. As for my husband, they thoroughly searched him, and I mean thoroughly He had nothing either, but sheesh!
Old 10-23-2006, 05:44 AM   #40
Acrobat

Local Time: 07:37 AM
Quote:
Wow wow wow wow WOW.

They kicked ass.

Sounds like a good time! I'm getting excited. Stones on November 22nd and then U2 on December 9th! Great way to wind up the year.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:02 AM   #41
Blue Crack Distributor

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - For the second time in three days, the Rolling Stones have postponed a concert so that singer Mick Jagger can rest his voice, the band's spokeswoman said on Monday.

A rare club appearance scheduled for Tuesday at New York's Beacon Theater has been delayed by a day on the advice of 63-year-old Jagger's doctor, according to a statement.

The Stones also played the Beacon on Sunday as part of former President Bill Clinton's 60th birthday celebration. Director Martin Scorsese is taping both shows for a DVD.

Friday's arena show in Atlantic City, New Jersey, was postponed just hours before show time when many fans had already descended on the resort city from around the country. Jagger also left Spanish fans in the lurch in August when the band canceled two shows due to his case of laryngitis.

The Stones now will play Atlantic City's Boardwalk Hall on November 17, which is expected to result in the postponement of their November 18 date at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles. The band has not played shows on consecutive nights in some years.

The Stones are midway through the second North American leg of their "Bigger Bang" world tour, which began in Boston in August 2005. After Los Angeles, they are scheduled to end the trek in Hawaii on November 22, although there is unconfirmed speculation that that show will be canceled. A Stones spokesman said he expected further announcements about the itinerary to be made in coming days.

Ticket sales in stops such as Chicago, Seattle and Los Angeles have been sluggish and sales of the band's current album "A Bigger Bang" also were disappointing.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:21 PM   #42
fah
Blue Crack Addict

The Vancouver show has been postponed til November 25th and it looks like the Honolulu has been cancelled.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:33 PM   #43
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:37 AM
Quote:
Good man, but I'm not going to the Stones alone. I met a girl here and we're going together. Make sure to tell me BSS is and how absolutely pumped I should be. Also if Amy, Feist, and Emily are all there.

Most importantly Feist
I'm going to state for the record that Broken Social Scene (and all its little side-projects) is the most overrated Canadian band since Loverboy.

I saw the Stones here in Halifax on Sept. 23rd. The details of the show are a bit of a blur ( ) but it absolutely poured that day - it was the single biggest rainfall of the year by nearly double! That being said, I was about halfway between the main stage and where the b-stage came out to you - and it was an AMAZING show. The Stones came out and played just as hard here in the rain as they would have on a clear night, and they rocked hard. Nearly every song was extended into a jam (Sympathy for the Devil ) and they played some pretty rare tunes, too.

We had Sloan, Alice Cooper, and Kanye West opening for them, too. I didn't catch Sloan, but Alice Cooper played one of the best opening gigs I've ever seen, and although Kanye seemed like he didn't really want to be here (he'd play a song, then leave the stage for 10 minutes, and then come back for one more track and leave again - I think he only did about 4 or 5 full tunes) when he was on, he was on.

One of the best concerts I've ever been to, and that's even while I was hypothermic and soaked for twelve hours in autumn rain!

If you get a chance to go, shell out the money and see the Stones. You won't regret it, and you might not get another chance in the future.

Old 10-31-2006, 07:14 PM   #44
Acrobat

Local Time: 04:37 AM
Beacon 1st show:

1. Start Me Up
2. Shattered
3. She Was Hot
4. All Down The Line
5. Loving Cup (with Jack White on voc, gtr)
6. As Tears Go By
7. I'm Free
8. Undercover Of The Night
9. Just My Imagination
10. Shine A Light
11. Champagne and Reefer (with Buddy Guy on voc, gtr)
12. Tumbling Dice

INTROS

13. You Got The Silver (Keith)
14. Little T&A (Keith)

15. Sympathy For The Devil
16. Live With Me (with Christina Aguilara on voc)
17. Paint It Black
18. Jumpin' Jack Flash
19. Satisfaction

Some pics:

Old 11-01-2006, 02:03 AM   #45
fah
Blue Crack Addict

Great pics