The Stone Roses appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
One of the most influential British bands of all time. Oasis, Blur, Pulp, La's, Primal Scream, etc...none of them would exist today had their debut never been released. They singlehandedly sparked the Britpop and acid house movements at the same time with that album, and it continues to influence artists today. "I Wanna Be Adored", "She Bangs The Drums", and "Waterfall" are three of the best songs of the 80's, and they all come from the same album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7dq6w9klDg

:drool: I wish they would play Glastonbury this year...

The Stone Roses are legendary. They could've been so much more.

Their debut album is simply the finest album you could ever hope to listen to. So sweet.

Made Of Stone, I Wanna Be Adored, Waterfall, Don't Stop, Resurrection, This Is The One....

Second Coming was very patchy, but crikey, Ten Storey Love Song/ Daybreak transition is beautiful. How Do You Sleep, Tears, Love Spreads - all magical.

Mersey Paradise is a gem too, as is Where Angels Play.

Full credit to Ian Brown for giving us a collection of immensely enjoyable solo pieces as well. Corpses In Their Mouths, FEAR, Golden Gaze, Northern Lights all have a big WOW factor.

I love 90's Brit Pop, so I owe the Stone Roses plenty of pints for offering up some of the most enjoyable music one could ever hear, and not just from them, but from those inspired by them.

Back
Top Bottom