The Star Wars Thread, Ep II: Blu or Blu Not, There is No Original Theatrical Release

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my favorite artists dropped this print on May 4. The bottom half is a glow in the dark layer:

%E2%80%9CI%E2%80%99m+Here+to+Rescue+You%E2%80%9D+Star+Wars+Glow+in+the+Dark+Screen+Print+by+Mark+Englert.jpg

It unsurprisingly sold out instantly, but the gallery has now offered a timed release of standalones for each layer with the sale running until early this evening. I bought Tatooine:

Mark Engert Timed Release

Figured y'all may be interested.

Realize that a 72 year old can do many of the things that Han Solo does in the Star Wars movies, so there is no need there to claim science fiction in order to make it possible. Again, there are people age 72 that are in better shape than 90% of American High School and College students. That's Science Fact, not fiction.
But, if you need to in some way be sexually attracted to the characters in the new film, then I could see how Harrison's age might get in the way for some.
Just because some 72-year-old is in that great of shape is completely and utterly irrelevant. The question is: is American actor Harrison Ford, who plays the character Han Solo in the Star Wars series of films, in excellent shape? Because unless you've re-casted Solo with a reanimated Jim Fixx, it doesn't matter who is in good shape other than Ford himself.

I reallyy love the concept here.... only I think the Endor one should have been made in a small range of dark to light colors without the glow-in- the-dark part...( I really like the siloutteing of the Endor piece) say in blues and greens (the fire could be in lighter yellow-greens).
Thye Tatooine one is really nice!

I think the two together as ....compositions is great ...but too jarring a contrast in styles.
(and I like <and have created> certain art pieces that are jarring)

Enjoy your print!

The above image is one print. Endor comes out with the lights off. The timed editions were stand alones of both layers:

rescue_tatooine_variant.jpg

rescue_endor_variant.jpg

I only went with Tat.

Maybe she is playing Han and Leia's daughter. Hey, its science fiction. Plus there was that weekend Lando was visiting about 9 months before she was born...

J.J. Abrams has confirmed that the Millennium Falcon will be in the new movie! More evidence that this will be a Han centric movie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom