The 'Star Wars' Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LMP

Blue Crack Supplier
conshentrayte awl Schtar Wahrs discusshun on that shuper schtar destroyerrr.

Ackbar.jpg

Last edited:
BrownEyedBoy said:
That final scene on Episode III where Obi Wan tells Anakin he was the chosen one is so heartbraking... :sad:

YOU WERE MY BRUTHA, ANAKIN. I LOVED YOU!

Then it would be Natalie Portman running naked through the forests of Kashyyyk.

No spoken words said:
Ryan, some things in here don't react well to bullets.

:lol:

Love that line and that movie.

Oh wait this is a Star Wars thread :shifty:

I watched Episode I for the first time in awhile recently...reminded me just how bloody awful the thing is. The only thing that redeems it is the light saber fight at the end and possibly the pod race.

The end of the film does help redeem it, but, we're not talking about 100% redemption here.

We can talk Hunt for Red October in here, as long as there is not a hijacking. :)

Another gripe:

Obi-Wan says "If you strike me down, I'll become more powerful than you can possibly imagine?"

What does he do? Tell Luke to use the force? Show up as a ghost in seemingly desperate situations?

I wanted to see him do something during Jedi, but it never happened.

I reckon I should try to find a used copy of Rouge Squadron II for Gamecube since you can play those games on a Wii. "It's A Trap!" is even better when you're flying along figuring it out for yourself and Ackbar interjects directly to you.

Let's hear it for nostalgia.

You all keep saying that the pod race and the Maul/Qui-Gon dual are the only things that redeem Phantom Menace, but those two things combined take over half the movie!

LemonMacPhisto said:
Another gripe:

Obi-Wan says "If you strike me down, I'll become more powerful than you can possibly imagine?"

What does he do? Tell Luke to use the force? Show up as a ghost in seemingly desperate situations?

I wanted to see him do something during Jedi, but it never happened.

That always really bothered me too...he was almost (ALMOST) rather pointless in the next two movies.

But that reminds me of the one thing about Sith that just KILLED me. When Obi-Wan mentioned Qui-Gon and then Qui-Gon WASN'T IN THE FREAKIN' MOVIE! My friends at the theater with me thought I was going to personally hunt down George Lucas for that one and make him pay :uhoh:

bono_212 said:

That always really bothered me too...he was almost (ALMOST) rather pointless in the next two movies.

But that reminds me of the one thing about Sith that just KILLED me. When Obi-Wan mentioned Qui-Gon and then Qui-Gon WASN'T IN THE FREAKIN' MOVIE! My friends at the theater with me thought I was going to personally hunt down George Lucas for that one and make him pay :uhoh:

Same here, it was in the novelization of the movie. Yoda speaks to Qui-Gon, apologizes for not respecting him enough when he was alive, and pledges to be his apprentice before he goes to Dagobah.

Some fan-edits of Sith have Liam Neeson dialogue at the end of the movie, it's really interesting.

How about this story:

I'm a dork, so, was anticipating Menace big time. At work, 3 of us would watch the 2 trailers....every day. No joke. So, 2 days before we're gonna go see it, a friend gives me a free copy of the soundtrack. I'm pleased, want to give it a listen, etc. I'm by now familiar with some of the new names in the film, most especially Quai-Gon Jin. Looking forward to seeing Neeson as a Jedi. Anyway, I look at the back of the CD, at the song titles. What's the title of one of the final songs? "Qua-Gon's funeral march (or song)". Fucking great. Now I know he's gonna die. I mean, I knew he'd die at some point in the prequels, but, was not sure of when. That sucked.

Yeah, all I can remember from Phantom was how I saw it 3 times in theaters. I'd bring my Qui-Gon and Darth Maul LEGOs and act out their lightsaber duel on Tattoine. It was my favorite movie ever, but I was 8 at the time.

Since then I'd like to think I've developed some taste.

Yes I had, I saw the Special Editions in theaters. Jedi was my favorite actually. :lol:

This is in the book that there's a Qui-Gon moment? I might actually have to read it just for that.

When I saw Phantom Menace I was 12 and even then I remember being bored enough with the Podrace scene to leave the theater and check to see if it had started storming yet (I used to be terrified of storms). That being said, I still like the movie, I just HATE the podrace scene

Back
Top Bottom