The Spice Girls Reunite for World Tour!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
This is not a joke, I am truly excited about this. I get so happy listening to the group's first two albums and "Spice World" the movie is one of my favorite not-so-guilty-pleasures (and one of the greatest bargains ever at less than $3 used). The tour starts in LA and I must be there since I missed it the first time around (just wasn't that interested in seeing the group minus Ginger). Anyone else excited?

The Spice Girls reunite for world tour
By SHARON HONG, Associated Press Writer

Following a calculated publicity buildup, the original Girl Power group of the 1990s announced Thursday that they have agreed to reunite for 11 concerts around the world in December and January.

The shows will be their first concerts since breaking up in 2001, and the first with all five of the original group since Geri "Ginger Spice" Halliwell quit to pursue a solo career in 1998.

"Imagine you got divorced and you've got back together with your ex-husband," Halliwell said, explaining how she felt about the reunion.

"She just appreciates the fact we've let her back in," joked Victoria "Posh Spice" Beckham.

The group said the shows would be in Los Angeles on Dec. 7; Las Vegas on Dec. 8; New York on Dec. 11; London on Dec. 15; Cologne, Germany, on Dec. 20; Madrid, Spain, on Dec. 23; Beijing on Jan. 10; Hong Kong on Jan. 12; Sydney, Australia, on Jan. 17; Cape Town, South Africa, on Jan. 20; and Buenos Aires, Argentina on Jan. 24.

Halliwell and Beckham joined with Melanie "Sporty Spice" Chisholm, Emma "Baby Spice" Bunton and Melanie "Scary Spice" Brown to pose for photos and announce tour plans.

"We wanted to say thank you to our fans. It just feels very right for us," Chisholm said.

"Obviously it's nostalgic. But equally, if new fans want to come along, that's fantastic," Halliwell said. "I like to think our songs are universal and they are timeless."

Their first single, "Wannabe," was released in 1996 and topped charts in 31 countries. They went on to sell more than 55 million records.

But their last album, "Forever," released in 2000 and without Halliwell, fared poorly.

You could now call them the Spice Mums. Beckham said the tour will be designed to accommodate the band members' seven children. Bunton is pregnant with her first child.

"Our priority is going to be our families. We want to have fun," said Beckham, who has three sons with her husband, soccer star David Beckham. "That's one of the many reasons for this, for our children to see what we used to do."

In conjunction with the tour, EMI said it plans to release the first Spice Girls greatest hits album in November. The group also plans to make their first official documentary for TV broadcast.

"It's going to be the most honest story that you've ever heard," Halliwell said. "You get to see the dark side of the Spice Girls, the gritty side, the tears."

I've seen alot of people complaining all over the internet but I don't see anything wrong with them doing this. It will make their fans happy and that is all that really matters and of course it looks like the group themselves are going to have a great time.

I have a certain fond memory and that was meeting them in person and watching their very last performance together. I just happened to be visiting TOTP at Elstree Studios the day they were playing there. Geri had left the band 2 days later. It was funny, I was in a similar car as one of the girls leaving the studio and we were right behind them when leaving the gate. There were heaps of people taking snaps and when they got to us they probably thought they were going to get a Spice Girl, instead they got my mug. Quite funny.

Mel C hipped checked me too :drool:

Slipstream said:
I've seen alot of people complaining all over the internet but I don't see anything wrong with them doing this. It will make their fans happy and that is all that really matters and of course it looks like the group themselves are going to have a great time.

I have a certain fond memory and that was meeting them in person and watching their very last performance together. I just happened to be visiting TOTP at Elstree Studios the day they were playing there. Geri had left the band 2 days later. It was funny, I was in a similar car as one of the girls leaving the studio and we were right behind them when leaving the gate. There were heaps of people taking snaps and when they got to us they probably thought they were going to get a Spice Girl, instead they got my mug. Quite funny.

Mel C hipped checked me too :drool:

That's awesome! My only Spice Girl encounter was seeing Mel B at an INXS afterparty in 1997. She didn't stay long because so many people there (none of whom were famous while her group had like the best selling album that year) were being so nasty about her, saying things like, "Oh, isn't that Skanky Spice or whatever?" just loud enough so she would hear. So mean! She's really pretty in person and had the coolest granny boots.

I really like Mel C's first solo album Northern Star - some nice pop gems on there.

Emma Bunton's Free Me is also pretty good - it's kind of a throwback to a "swingin' 60s" sound or something.

dsmith2904 said:

That's awesome! My only Spice Girl encounter was seeing Mel B at an INXS afterparty in 1997. She didn't stay long because so many people there (none of whom were famous while her group had like the best selling album that year) were being so nasty about her, saying things like, "Oh, isn't that Skanky Spice or whatever?" just loud enough so she would hear. So mean! She's really pretty in person and had the coolest granny boots.

INXS after party...wow, cool!
Mel B seemed quite pleasant to me and she has a very beautiful face. Great complexion!

Frankly I cant wait. I'm a bit suss on the whole 'ticket lottery' rubbish. There is no confirmed venue yet for Sydney - but I'd assume it's a stadium tour. It would be a very cynical move to come all the way down here and play a 15,000 seat arena - denying their fans of a last chance to see them.

Either way, I've registered, and have everything crossed.

As a 31 year old man it may sound weird, but I would absolutely go to the ends of the earth to watch Emma Bunton do ANYTHING!!! (preferably sing '2 Become 1' but I'm not picky!!)

Fuck yeah! Don't stop / never give up / blah blah until you reach the top!!

Or was that S Club 7?

Had some cracking tunes. Say You'll Be There, Wannabe, 2 become 1, Stop, Spice Up Yer Life, Viva Forever.

Will make it feel like the 90s again, which is never a bad thing...

Back
Top Bottom