The soundtrack to my life (...and my movie)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lancemc

Blue Crack Addict
Well, for those of you who have been following my epic tale in Zoo Confessionals [ http://forum.interference.com/t167309.html ](what's wrong with you btw?), you know how unnecessarily dramatic the whole thing was/is.

Well, how right you are! In fact it's so dramatic that I'm already in the process of turning the story into a screenplay. (Yeah, I know, that's absolutely absurd, and I'm probably only hurting myself by doing such a thing.) But I think it's a story worth being told, and I have such a love for film that I can't help but picture the entire thing as a movie. Hell, during the first (happier) acts of the story, she and I were already talking about how well this would translate to film! So, I think I'm actually going to do it. I don't know a whole lot about screenplay-writing, but I know what makes a good film. I have a good friend who will help me with the technical aspect of writing it, but I already have the entire story mapped out in my mind (heck, I just lived through it) with all the necessary characters, events, and the required changes to adapt it to a cinema-fit story. I even have a few really awesome off-the-wall story-telling devices I'd like to see in the film (which we all know will probably never come to fruition, but who the fuck know?) that would add some really cool stylistic elements to highlight the themes I want to focus on as well as just make it a kick-ass movie to watch. :drool:

But that shit's all for the Zoo Station forum. :wink: All that stuff is still concept and I haven't actually started writing yet. (I'll probably save that for this summer when I have a lot of free time) But the soundtrack is going to be a VERY important part of the film (screenplay) for several reasons. One, it is going to kick major ass. Fuck the Garden State soundtrack. This is better. :D But secondly, I want the music to tie into the film in a slightly different way than you see/hear usually in films. But I won't get into that too much right now. But what it all comes down to is that the soundtrack is a VERY important part of my vision for the film, and I want the soundtrack to stand on its own as a story-telling medium, covering the entire course of events in the film lyrically/musically/thematically.

It's all lisenced music, so it would probably be next to impossible if the film were ever made to get this exact soundtrack, but this is my original vision for it. This list covers everything from my first weeks here in school, to the first time I see the girl, to our first weeks as friends, my eventually falling in love with her, the confession, the brief time together, the dramatic conflict and loss of our mutual friend, our seperation during winter break and the ensuing problems, her turning me down, our trying to maintain a BS friendship, and ultimately my nervous breakdown and steep fall into depression which just occured these past two weeks. And finally, hopefully, it covers the resolution (currently in the process, almost resolved) and the end of the film (which I still haven't picked an exact scene yet, but I have one realllly good idea for that so far).

So that's the scope of the film, and the scope of the soundtrack which, integrated into the film, follows and re-enforces the events/scenes. Here's the tentitive list in it's running order:

1. Fight Test - Flaming Lips (opening credits, first scenes)
2. Let's Go Crazy - Prince
3. Green Eyes - Coldplay
4. There Goes My Gun - Pixies (the exact moment I fall in love for her at a Frank Black concert :drool: )
5. Far, Far Away - Wilco
6. Stay (Faraway, So Close) - U2
7. Incident On 57th Street - Bruce Springsteen (We're 'together' at last)
8. Treefingers - Radiohead
9. Turn You Inside-Out - R.E.M. (conflict with friend)
10. The Lady Don't Mind - Talking Heads
11. All Neon Like - Bjork
12. Houses of the Holy - Led Zeppelin
13. End of the Day - Beck (All over. Me sad.)
14. Buckets of Rain - Bob Dylan
15. Sway - The Rolling Stones
16. Atoms For Peace - Thom Yorke (nervous breakdown)
17. All My Friends - LCD Soundsystem
18. Tourist Trap - Bright Eyes (beginning to resolve)
19. Station to Station - David Bowie - (resolution/last scene/end credits)

How very Zach Braff of you :wink:

It's very cool that you're using a rough patch of your life into something creative. That's how genius begins, I'm telling you.

Best of luck to you and your writing.

Back
Top Bottom