The Sopranos: The Final Season

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. I knew after the scene with Juliana that he he would go after someone Chris had been with but I thought it would be Kelly.

I think Vegas was big giant "fuck you" to Chris.

I never thought I would say this but last night's episode was the first one to ever cause me to hope someone does kill Tony.

Bono's American Wife said:

I don't think Tony has ever been more repulsive than he was in last nights episode.

I agree. I thought that after his near-death experience that he was becoming more human but last night I realized I don't think it's possible. They're all shit, actually. Even Carmella is bugging me. I think Meadow is the only one who isn't a lost cause at this point. I'm sick of everybody else so I don't care who gets killed anymore!

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Is anyone else wondering if the show is going to go out with a bang

That is exactly what they are setting it up for.

Like Godfather 2

the last 15 minutes - everything hits the fan

i think Tony is going to live and be tortured by the decisons he has made.

or, maybe we will learn that crime does pay.

it does.

joyfulgirl said:
I think they're all going down in a bloodbath to remember.

that was my thinking, too

I still say Janice's baby goes in the lake
Bobbie's DNA in Canada snare's him

and Paulie could and will go nuclear

and we got the ground work for Tony's gambling pushing him over, will he clip his Jewish friend

and we got example's of Tony getting physical with Carm
we she whack him??

will this whole thing go shakespear on us?

deep said:

that was my thinking, too

Bobbie's DNA in Canada snare's him

and Paulie could and will go nuclear

and we got the ground work for Tony's gambling pushing him over, will he clip his Jewish friend

and we got example's of Tony getting physical with Carm
we she whack him??

will this whole thing go shakespear on us?

Something has got to go down with Janice's baby. That storyline was a set-up they were hoping we'd forget.

Carmella could conceivably whack Tony. :yes: Or Tony could accidentally kill her in a fit of rage and AJ could whack Tony. The Shakesperean possibilities are endless.

I fear for Dr. Melfi, too.

JCOSTER said:
OMG that was a surprising episode, I had to laugh when Chris's wife walked in all superstar like in her "Fly shades". That was a surprise, I kinda figured he would end up dead but I thought it would be Paulie that would do it. :huh:

that was exactly my theory.. I thought for sure it would be an all out gunfight between chrissy and paulie. I guess that was too obvious. :huh:

okay, while i think more blood will be shed, i don't think there's going to be a bloodbath. it's going to end artsy and frustrating and depressing.

that's my vote.

joyfulgirl said:
I was disappointed somehow, as though Chris deserved a more imaginative death or something.

Yeah. Me too. That was kind of disappointing.

And gosh, there are few things more dull than watching someone be on drugs while you're completely sober. :yawn:

I thought he yelled "I did it!" at the end, but whether it was a confession into nothingness, or an exclamation along the lines of "I finally got him out of my life," I couldn't decide.

I have a friend who's theorizing that this whole season is Tony still in a gunshot-induced coma. I dunno about that, but with two episodes in a row featuring "Comfortably Numb," it does make me wonder if all is not what it seems.

Last edited:
I don't think it'll ALL be a dream - that's such a cop-out. But I think there's something going on.

somehow, i think Tony is going to betray his family for his "other" family, and wind up losing both and having to live with it.

that's my vague prediction.

you decide which family is which.

corianderstem said:

Yeah. Me too. That was kind of disappointing.

And gosh, there are few things more dull than watching someone be on drugs while you're completely sober. :yawn:

I thought he yelled "I did it!" at the end, but whether it was a confession into nothingness, or an exclamation along the lines of "I finally got him out of my life," I couldn't decide.

I have a friend who's theorizing that this whole season is Tony still in a gunshot-induced coma. I dunno about that, but with two episodes in a row featuring "Comfortably Numb," it does make me wonder if all is not what it seems.

:hmm: Very interesting theory!

Tony shouted "I get it!" for sure.

I'm glad Tony killed Chrissy. Chris was just flat out a big fuckin' asshole. Way bigger than Tony could ever be. Chris's behavior affected business and it was time for his termination.

MrPryck2U said:
Chris's behavior affected business and it was time for his termination.

the more i think about it -- on the surface -- Tony's reason for killing Christopher, like everything else, was a business decision. he knew Christopher was high when he was driving, and Christopher admitted this when he said he'd fail a drug test (for cocaine, ironically the drug that Adrianna was allowing to be sold in her club that the Feds used to trap her).

i think the first episode was meant to set up Tony's vulnerability when he lost the fight to Bobby, and he's growing ever more paranoid about the precariousness of his position.

I read a good column about Tony wanting to protect "the innocents."

The baby ducks?
Joey Pants (sorry, forgot his character's name) and Pie-O-My?
Joey Pants and his stripper girlfriend?

I think Tony killed Christopher for other reasons, primarily. But he kept going back to the crushed car seat as almost a justification. I think some part of him thought killing Christopher was the right thing to do, to protect the baby from future harm.

deep said:

Ok, so i watched the episode again last night and it occured to me... What if the asbestos was dumped in the same lake that Janice's baby will be playing in? I know it's a stretch and there's plenty of lakes in NJ/NY. But with only 3 episodes left, why are they introducing this asbestos story just now?

Also, I keep wondering how these terrorists are gonna come into play. Maybe they will blow up the Bing?

corianderstem said:
I think Tony killed Christopher for other reasons, primarily. But he kept going back to the crushed car seat as almost a justification. I think some part of him thought killing Christopher was the right thing to do, to protect the baby from future harm.

agreed. there was something of thinking of Christopher as an unfit father, that he would drive around high on drugs with his baby in the backseat -- perhaps this is the function that Janice's baby is to perform, to show what bad parents all these people are -- and if he's that irresponsible with his daughter, then he's a danger to everyone.

Anyone see Michael Imperioli on Letterman last night?

Was that Tony Sirico bashing the tape with the baseball bat? :lol:

I'm bummed I missed this. Can somebody post a clip if they find one?

ultravioletluvv said:

Ok, so i watched the episode again last night and it occured to me... What if the asbestos was dumped in the same lake that Janice's baby will be playing in? I know it's a stretch and there's plenty of lakes in NJ/NY. But with only 3 episodes left, why are they introducing this asbestos story just now?

the lake they went to in the first episode was up near the Canadian border; the lake they dumped the asbestos in is to the south and east of New York City -- you see the area if you take the Jersey Turnpike into the city.

my guess is the asbestos is like a dead body -- it never stays buried, it comes back to haunt you, either in a very real sense (remember the body they found in the 2nd episode this season, the guy who was Tony's first kill, i think) or in a more metaphoric sense (Adriana still looms over every interaction between Christopher and Tony, as well as occasionally between Tony and Carmella). it must be awful knowing where the bodies are buried.

^^ That makes sense. I'm not really familiar with the NY/NJ area, so i figured my theory was a stretch, but I couldn't help but remember that comment on these boards when I saw the lake last night and wondering how it will all tie together. (not that it will all be tied together) It probably will end up with a lot of loose ends, as real life does.

I thought maybe the asbestos in the lake would lead to a major clean up as in draining the lake and finding a body (or bodies) possibly even Adriana?

Bono's American Wife said:
I thought maybe the asbestos in the lake would lead to a major clean up as in draining the lake and finding a body (or bodies) possibly even Adriana?

Oooh, good thought! I definitely think the truth about Adriana has to come out this season! And hopefully it will lead to Carmella finally leaving Tony!

Anyone see Michael Imperioli on Letterman last night?

Was that Tony Sirico bashing the tape with the baseball bat? :lol:

yes I saw this.....I watched pretty closely and I am pretty sure it was not Paulie.....I thought it was at first...but then realized it was just a look alike :wink:

Also, I was fairly sure that Tony said "I did it" at the end otf the episode.....he was high, and had wanted to tell someone he had done it I think....and finally felt free enough to scream it out....

that was the most beautiful cinematography in that last scene...it was shot in the most extraordinarily beautiful light...I felt I was right there too:up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom