The Sopranos: The Final Season

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I won't be able to warch the show tonight(Arcade Fire woohoo!). Does anyone in Canada know where I'll be able to see it? Is the movie channel replaying it or can I watch it online somewhere?

Before anyone asks, I don't have a VCR or PVR or whatever:sad:

Don't know about Canada, but here in the U.S., HBO replays it all week long and it's available On Demand for digital subscribers.

I'm gonna have to miss the first showing of this tonight, because of Survivor. But i will catch it at the 10pm showing! I think somebody major is gonna get killed tonight! :hyper:

ultravioletluvv said:
I think somebody major is gonna get killed tonight! :hyper:

Well, if the spoiler I didnt mean to read a couple of weeks ago is true (was included with a story about shooting the show). You are right, semi major anyway.

So far, this season has had two "decent" episodes, no great ones, and several sort of boring ones.

Blue Room said:

Well, if the spoiler I didnt mean to read a couple of weeks ago is true (was included with a story about shooting the show). You are right, semi major anyway.

So far, this season has had two "decent" episodes, no great ones, and several sort of boring ones.

:shh: ummm A VERY BIG THING HAPPENS! :ohmy: I was surprised cuz I thought it was going to go another way... blew my theory...:|

um. wow.

i thought the first half of the episode was a stunner, and then it kind of wound down. i think the show is summing itself up as a massive indictment of materialism and greed, and that's fair enough.

U2Fanatic4ever said:

:shh: ummm A VERY BIG THING HAPPENS! :ohmy: I was surprised cuz I thought it was going to go another way... blew my theory...:|

Well, it was partially what I knew. How it happened was what the surprise was to me. What stinks is I still know another thing that is going to happen now as I thought it would happen tonight and it didnt.

Irvine511 said:
um. wow.

i thought the first half of the episode was a stunner, and then it kind of wound down. i think the show is summing itself up as a massive indictment of materialism and greed, and that's fair enough.

I concur :yes:

OMG that was a surprising episode, I had to laugh when Chris's wife walked in all superstar like in her "Fly shades". That was a surprise, I kinda figured he would end up dead but I thought it would be Paulie that would do it. :huh:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I missed the last few minutes, but did Tony yell "I get it" or "I did it" when he and Chris's ex-whore were in the desert? I'm reading in a few other places that he yelled something and no one can discern what it was.

i thought it was "i get it." like, he now gets the purpose of life, some sort of drug-induced insight.

random, but has anyone ever noticed that Tony never has a happy, joyful orgasm? he always looks like he's in pain, that it's like he's scratching an itch.

just saying.

:lol:

I hope that's the last orgasm of his that we ever have to see. :barf:

Amen!

And yeah, he said "I get it!", like he figured out the purpose of life or some shit like that. I dunno, I thought it was a weird episode. I never thought Tony could do something like that to someone so close, but I also understand why he did it. The end of the episode was just plain weird. I didn't like all those scenes with Tony and the vegas whore. Oh, and AJ is turning into an evil punk. No surprise there i guess. I hope he dies next!

Oh, and i love Sil's scowl. It's almost as entertaining as Paulie's mean face. :lol:

This episode was the first time that I realized just how evil and fucked up Tony really is. I do hope he dies now and Carmella can take her money and live a happy life.

Even though what happened with Chris was a surprise, it was sort of anticlimactic and I couldn't figure out if it was supposed to be that way (eh, just another day, another dead body, in the mob) or if there was something missing in the writing. I wasn't moved or wowed in any way as I was with, say, the suspenseful buildup to, yet inevitable demise of, Vito or any number of other major characters who have died. I was disappointed somehow, as though Chris deserved a more imaginative death or something. :shrug:

Originally posted by ultravioletluvv
Oh, and i love Sil's scowl. It's almost as entertaining as Paulie's mean face. :lol:

:lol: Too true!

joyfulgirl said:
Even though what happened with Chris was a surprise, it was sort of anticlimactic and I couldn't figure out if it was supposed to be that way (eh, just another day, another dead body, in the mob) or if there was something missing in the writing. I wasn't moved or wowed in any way as I was with, say, the suspenseful buildup to, yet inevitable demise of, Vito or any number of other major characters who have died. I was disappointed somehow, as though Chris deserved a more imaginative death or something. :shrug:

my guess is that the point was the fragility of life even when you're a mobster, the whole "life turns on a dime" thing -- Christopher has killed people, survived a mock execution in the first season, was shot in the 2nd, but what gets him is listening to Pink Floyd too loudly and not paying attention to the road. Vito and Adriana were season-long plot lines where the interesting stuff was not their inevitable death but the inescapable situations the two of them were in.

maybe a character as central as Christopher deserved more, but maybe it's his death that's the event, as opposed to the circumstances that lead to the death, as was the case for Vito and Adriana.

i kept waiting for Carmella to say, "we've got to tell Aid, she's got to know about this."

ultravioletluvv said:

Amen!

And yeah, he said "I get it!", like he figured out the purpose of life or some shit like that.

yeah Christopher said to stop and smell the roses

he gets that

or I was thinking because of his gambling habit

perhaps he thinks "Christopher" was bad luck, a jinx of some sort?

remember he "got it" after he won big :shrug:

There is not much time left

So my over thinking this series
is most likely pointless

but, Christopher was in a real bind.

He just killed his writing partner.

Don't you think the Police would look real hard at Chris for that killing?

By all rights the Police would be working it, and Chis would be at the top of the list.

and now we have ill-legal asbestos dumping in the river.

that stuff can be traced back to the source.

and we got Tony with this dancer/ call girl (and we are supposed to believe a peeler has sex with all of her clothes on, sorry for rant)
anyways she has said Chris told me things about you, etc.
will Tony whack her in his paranoia?

i think the asbestos is a nice metaphor -- and notice they dumped it in iconic mob dumping territory, the wetlands outside the city -- how it always comes back to haunt you. think of asbestos as karma.

Irvine511 said:

my guess is that the point was the fragility of life even when you're a mobster, the whole "life turns on a dime" thing -- Christopher has killed people, survived a mock execution in the first season, was shot in the 2nd, but what gets him is listening to Pink Floyd too loudly and not paying attention to the road.

Yeah, that makes perfect sense. And how pathetic that his biggest concern on his death bed was that his license would be taken away from him.

BonoManiac said:
Hey, I won't be able to warch the show tonight(Arcade Fire woohoo!). Does anyone in Canada know where I'll be able to see it? Is the movie channel replaying it or can I watch it online somewhere?

Before anyone asks, I don't have a VCR or PVR or whatever:sad:

I know they are replaying it on bell expressview (chanel MC1) Tuesday at 10p.m. central.

:lol:

I hope that's the last orgasm of his that we ever have to see. :barf:

His orgasms sound exactly like the noises he makes when he hurts himself in a car accident or a fight :lol: :yikes:

I don't think Tony has ever been more repulsive than he was in last nights episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom