The Sopranos, Season 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-10-2006, 02:51 PM   #1
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:10 PM
The Sopranos, Season 6

Old 03-10-2006, 02:53 PM   #2
BAW
The Flower

Local Time: 05:10 PM
Irvine

Have you seen the 13 minute "making of" yet?

Old 03-10-2006, 02:57 PM   #3
Blue Crack Distributor

It'd better be more exciting than Season 5 was.

*was sorely dissapointed*

I think any of you who remember last season, I kept complaining because not enough people were being killed off.

Old 03-10-2006, 02:59 PM   #4
BAW
The Flower

From what I've heard April, its going to be a bloodbath!

The last few seconds of the making of season six were pretty breathtaking if that's any indication.
Old 03-10-2006, 03:00 PM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life

Old 03-10-2006, 03:06 PM   #6
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's American Wife
From what I've heard April, its going to be a bloodbath!

The last few seconds of the making of season six were pretty breathtaking if that's any indication.

I need to see that.

Bloodbath.
Old 03-10-2006, 03:37 PM   #7
Blue Crack Supplier

interesting ... i'm not as much of a fan of the bloodbath stuff, because i find the violence hurts. but i'm a sissy when it comes to these things ... i love the family stuff, the *dialogue*, the dream sequences, and everything Carmela does, says, and touches.

sometimes, i wish i was Carmela ...

and i came across this dialogue on CNN which makes me delirious with anticipation:

[q]So," rails his mom, Carmela (Edie Falco), "every time I said to you, 'How's work?' and you said, 'Fine,' you were having your own private little joke on me?"

"What's going on?" says Tony, entering through the front door.

"I went to Blockbuster today to rent 'Cinderella Man,' " Carmela fumes, "and guess what?"

"It still sucks."

"I found out that our son, the liar, had been fired three weeks ago!"

"From Blockbuster!" Tony is a mix of rage and bewilderment. "How the f--- do you do that? They got rhesus monkeys as managers there!"

[/q]

Old 03-10-2006, 03:38 PM   #8
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Have you seen the 13 minute "making of" yet?

yup.

Old 03-10-2006, 03:44 PM   #9
BAW
The Flower

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511
interesting ... i'm not as much of a fan of the bloodbath stuff, because i find the violence hurts. but i'm a sissy when it comes to these things ... i love the family stuff, the *dialogue*, the dream sequences, and everything Carmela does, says, and touches.

sometimes, i wish i was Carmela ...

and i came across this dialogue on CNN which makes me delirious with anticipation:

[q]So," rails his mom, Carmela (Edie Falco), "every time I said to you, 'How's work?' and you said, 'Fine,' you were having your own private little joke on me?"

"What's going on?" says Tony, entering through the front door.

"I went to Blockbuster today to rent 'Cinderella Man,' " Carmela fumes, "and guess what?"

"It still sucks."

"I found out that our son, the liar, had been fired three weeks ago!"

"From Blockbuster!" Tony is a mix of rage and bewilderment. "How the f--- do you do that? They got rhesus monkeys as managers there!"

[/q]

In addition to the all the whacking, season six is supposed to be heavy on the dream sequences as well, so there will be a little something for everyone

I love the family stuff too, especially when it involves Carmela. I think I read that exchange with AJ in the newspaper and love it too!

So what would you do differently if you were Carmela or would you follow the same path she has? I think I would have hit the bird feeder for a lot more $$ and I sure as hell wouldn't have let Furio get away without at least one roll in the hay!
Old 03-10-2006, 04:05 PM   #10
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
So what would you do differently if you were Carmela or would you follow the same path she has? I think I would have hit the bird feeder for a lot more $$ and I sure as hell wouldn't have let Furio get away without at least one roll in the hay!

i would have cracked AJ's skull a while ago, and i would have taken that construction guy from Season 2 for several rides in his pickup truck (with Journey's "Wheel in the Sky" playing in the background the whole time).

ultimately, i think Carmela is screwed as a product of her generation -- she was taught to be a wife and mother and to rely totally on a "good" man, and it's ultimately her own greed (some of it culturally induced, as i think Chase's big target is American materialism) that made her fall in love with Tony, that and the fact that he probably represented a way out of the lower middle-class NJ town she grew up in. the young Carmela -- especially in that mindblowing last episode of Season 4 where Tony says that she would never have been content with a little heart shaped necklace as jewelry, or something -- seems to me to have stepped out of a Bruce Springsteen song circa-"The Wild, the Innocent, and the E Street Shuffle." i can see her on the boardwalk, one of those factory girls he sings about in "4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)."

like her, i would have tried to pursue a career on the side, get some skills in case Tony winds up "dead, or in the can," and started to milk the birdfeeder, as it were.

i think she's one of the most complex female characters on TV, and Edie Falco deserves every award she's ever been given for how deep she delves into Carmela psyche.
Old 03-10-2006, 08:25 PM   #11
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

Oh, don't get me wrong, I think the violence is the least of the show. I love Tony's scenes with Melfi, Carmela (she so should have gotten it on with Furio ), and the dialogue is great. Anyone remember the scene where Christopher says a line from "Born To Run" with Silvio right there in the room? Classic.

But, I have to admit, there's nothing like a good hit. Must be my Sicilian blood talking...

Old 03-10-2006, 10:02 PM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie

they have been playing the theme song on the radio alot lately. And I cant help feeling like a badass when Im driving in my truck. Im a geek, I know it, haha!
Old 03-11-2006, 02:26 PM   #13
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by DeadMansParty
they have been playing the theme song on the radio alot lately. And I cant help feeling like a badass when Im driving in my truck. Im a geek, I know it, haha!

You're not the only one.

Old 03-11-2006, 03:53 PM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Cant wait! My second favorite show. My first favorite starts on the same network again I think in April (Deadwood). This spring is definately must see TV for me!

I actually didnt watch the making of deal on purpose though. I dont want to know anything going in.
Old 03-11-2006, 04:00 PM   #15
War Child

Local Time: 01:10 AM
Can't wait for the new season, too.

BTW, I live next to the towns that they mention on the show, like Nutley, Belleville, Bloomfield....

The show is totally real in portraying those towns and Northern New Jersey. There are a lot of goumbas and mafiosos in those towns.